Lafayette Harrison 1539

Castle 1606

Roncalli 961

Yorktown 642

Perry Meridian 1748

Cathedral 1094

Crown point 1785

Mishawaka 1541

Most of them are bigger schools I wonder why; more money, better coaches, better facillities, more students to go out for the team, better variety of classes,....... the list can go on small schools cant compete.

We're going to start an argument that starts every year, I'm a fan of a small school and DO NOT agree with this statement. Quit making excuses. If school A has 5000 students and school B has 300 does that mean that the wrestler from school A automaticly wins? No. Can wrestler from school A weigh more than wrestler from school B? No. Can wrestler from school B work his butt off and go to off season tournaments find the best compatition he can and get better every day? YES. Quit making excuses and get the job done!

We're going to start an argument that starts every year, I'm a fan of a small school and DO NOT agree with this statement. Quit making excuses. If school A has 5000 students and school B has 300 does that mean that the wrestler from school A automaticly wins? No. Can wrestler from school A weigh more than wrestler from school B? No. Can wrestler from school B work his butt off and go to off season tournaments find the best compatition he can and get better every day? YES. Quit making excuses and get the job done!

It is obvious that small school coaches and wrestlers do not work as hard, plain and simple, end of discussion.

I disagree with everyone saying Mishawaka is going to have a easy road to state.  You expect them to plow through Crown Point? Cp will mos definetly give a fight having hawkins, tsirtsis, roach, big shurg, flamme, kral, and a few others. those kids arnt going to let that team beat them first round.  they just have to much HEART!!!

Mishawaka looks to be far better than anyone else..i will be surpised if they  even have a close match

Mishawaka is definetly going to have a close match first round with CP.  those kids arnt giving up first round.  theyre ready to defend their title and arnt going home until they know theyre getting a ring.

Yeah i agree with AJ here, put aside my team of choice here. 10 state qualifiers... this team is too deep. 42-17 at the Triacoff.. idk and to say they will beat mishawaka cause of heart? look at mishawaka last year after winning the title. out in the first round and i dont expect them to lose this weekend.. just too good

It is obvious that small school coaches and wrestlers do not work as hard, plain and simple, end of discussion.

You always say that when I bring those points up, you guys act like a small school kid has no chance aginst a big school kid because they've got more kids to choose frome they've got more practice partners..... bah blah blah.

These two guys are the SAME SIZE. This small school big school thing works for football and roundball but I'm not buying it here. I say if MD can do it anyone can. And don't give me that recuiting BS!

You always say that when I bring those points up, you guys act like a small school kid has no chance aginst a big school kid because they've got more kids to choose frome they've got more practice partners..... bah blah blah.

These two guys are the SAME SIZE. This small school big school thing works for football and roundball but I'm not buying it here. I say if MD can do it anyone can. And don't give me that recuiting BS!

I agree, if Mater Dei can do it why aren't all the other small schools?  You wanna know why?  It is because the other small schools don't work hard enough.  Preach on brother Ahawkeye.

I'm saying Mishawaka and CP is going to be much closer. 103 and 160 were both wins for Mishawka last time I think Saroff beats Martsoff this time and if White isn't 75 percent I can't see him pulling one out. also I don't see Schrader and Tsirtsis being close at all this time around I would even say Tsirtsis by fall. I got it 30-29 Mishawaka 

how is it that 3 teams from Indianapolis are always at team state?  I'm sure other areas of the state would like that possiblity, like Merrillville and Crown Point, Penn and Mishawaka, Mater Dei and Castle

I agree.

I agree, if Mater Dei can do it why aren't all the other small schools?  You wanna know why?  It is because the other small schools don't work hard enough.  Preach on brother Ahawkeye.

Whatever, we don't see eye to eye and we probably never will.

Well, except maybe Yorktown and Bellmont.  None of the others work hard enough. ;)

i think crown point has an advantage having misawaka first round, theyll be ready to wrestle and know if they lose first round as defending state champs itll be a shock to them and their fans

??? I can't agree CP has an advantage getting to wrestle  Mish in the first rd. It may not be as one sided this time but everything has to go CPs way to have a shot. I like your optimism, but not your logic.

??? I can't agree CP has an advantage getting to wrestle  Mish in the first rd. It may not be as one sided this time but everything has to go CPs way to have a shot. I like your optimism, but not your logic.

key part i see is to have a shot. i agree with you chuck. even if everything goes the way CP needs it, within the sights of reality, it would still just give them a shot, not even certain they would take it then. as unbiased as i can say this being a mishawaka fan, they are too deep with senior leadership and talent

how is it that 3 teams from Indianapolis are always at team state?  I'm sure other areas of the state would like that possiblity, like Merrillville and Crown Point, Penn and Mishawaka, Mater Dei and Castle

I agree.

I don't agree.  Indianapolis and Marion County have the most people and the most students.  They should have more opportunities to get to team state. 

3 schools from Merrillville SS and 3 schools from NC SS are going to team state whereas 1 school from FW SS and 1 from Evansville SS are going. 

I think the bigger gripe can be made by teams in the FW SS.  How is it Mishawaka gets to go through FW SS teams during the team portion but through Merrillville for Individual.  You should have to go through the same road for both.  It isn't really fair to the FW SS teams. 

I think the bigger gripe can be made by teams in the FW SS.  How is it Mishawaka gets to go through FW SS teams during the team portion but through Merrillville for Individual.  You should have to go through the same road for both.  It isn't really fair to the FW SS teams. 

No idea why the semistates are the way they are.... however, the Jimtown semistates consist of two teams that go to individual FW and two that go through Merr. therefore one could say "Why do the two teams from the FW semi state get go through two teams from the merr semi state...... It isn't really fair the the Merr SS teams."

No idea why the semistates are the way they are.... however, the Jimtown semistates consist of two teams that go to individual FW and two that go through Merr. therefore one could say "Why do the two teams from the FW semi state get go through two teams from the merr semi state...... It isn't really fair the the Merr SS teams."

I see what you are saying, but Mishawaka is clearly one of the top programs in the state, so I think FW SS teams have a legitimate gripe when their road goes through Mishawaka.  Now if Mishawaka was part of the FW SS, it would make a lot more sense. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.