Quick look: Potential Top 3 at each weight for 2010-11

maligned

215 I believe *Sliga will move up from 89 this young man is still growing alot a big athletic kid,

*Daniel Campbell will be back and he is as strong(or stronger) as Knura, has a little better skills.

* Chris Minks will be turning it on watch for him from Crawfordsville

* Tyler Kral from Crown Point is a solid wrestler a very tall kid/ strong kid with good moves.

* Logan Cooper will do very well he will train this off season like no other guarantee it.       Thats my picks for 215

189 I believe will be pretty stacked again next year.* Stevenson should be back and healthy to make his mark.

*I think we will see these two great wrestlers move up to 89, 171 champ Stein, and Bratcher both are big strong kids that will be in the show.

*Thatcher will be back for his senior season he will be looking to take the top spot on the podium state qual. the last two years at 89.

I think the top 3 are correct at 130 for next year. Justin beat Ethan in a Holiday Tournament in December but Ethan came back and beat Justin at state.  I think it was more Ethan just corrected some mistakes he made in December.  Justin and Josh have always rode each others success. When I saw Josh get pinned by Danny Bradley and Justin still  had to wrestle Ethan.  I just kinda knew at that point Justin was going to struggle. Coach Ellis has stated more then I can recall, this sport is 90% mental.  I just could see it in Justin face. His brother lost and he just could not get past it.  I am not saying Ethan won because of the situation that happen in Josh match. It just did not help. Be real honest after watching Joe get beat in the regionals, I was really concerned that the twins were going to go out and lose there next match. It is almost like having triplets with the three boys. They tend to feed off each other.

Mullins had a bad day yall. If anyone on this board would have seen his quarters match, he wasn't very sharp, he only beat the previous guy, who I believed placed 7th 3-2 on a last second reversal. It just wasn't meant to be for him. Yes he had an outstanding year and he DID NOT give a single takedown. I would say that if Mullins wrestles Tsirtis again that Mullins will not choose bottom in the third, maybe the second, but Mullins is very very good on his feet.  I think Mullins has a great shot to beat anyone from 130-140 next year. He WILL NOT avoid anyone. I repeat HE WILL NOT AVOID ANYONE. Mullins is up to the challenge and WILL NOT BACK DOWN. Mark my words. Thanks and God bless to all. Can't wait til next year, but first good luck to all wrestling this weekend at Team and Good luck to all the seniors in IL in a couple of weeks.

I would have to take Tsirtis over mullins 10 out of 10 times. Bad day? how about wrestling the best competition. 8-0 is getting dominated Tsirtis never stopped wrestling. if it was a 1 or 2 point match maybe make this comment. Who does new castle wrestle in the reg season? I always see kids with 50 plus win and no losses but then when it comes to state they never do as well as expected.

I would have to take Tsirtis over mullins 10 out of 10 times. Bad day? how about wrestling the best competition. 8-0 is getting dominated Tsirtis never stopped wrestling. if it was a 1 or 2 point match maybe make this comment. Who does new castle wrestle in the reg season? I always see kids with 50 plus win and no losses but then when it comes to state they never do as well as expected.

I agree that Tsirtsis is much better than Mullins.  Still, New Castle's schedule actually isn't that bad.  Mullins finished 3rd in the state and didn't give up a takedown the whole year.  Let's not forget he was wrestling the #5 kid in the nation.  The victory totals for New Castle get inflated because they wrestle 100% super duals.  This means their top kids wrestle every single bad kid from every single team that's at a tournament with them (instead of 3-0 in an invite and wrestling one tough opponent, they go 5-0 in a super dual and still only wrestle that one tough opponent).    However, their loss totals are usually a pretty good reflection of their quality.  Instead of 45-7, think of their kid as 30-7 by normal scheduling standards. 

Tougher to move up in the record books if you have a tough schedule.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.