Quick look: Potential Top 3 at each weight for 2010-11

maligned

The average wrestler in high school wrestles about 20-25 pounds heavier his senior year compared to his freshman year, moving up about 7-8 pounds per season--especially below 160.  Thus, we can project most kids for next year at 1 weight class higher; and I'll assume, for the sake of argument, that the top 9th graders at 103 will stay where they are for next year. Also, at higher weights, I assume 10th grade 160s and 171s move up while all others from 160-285 stay the same.   A quick look, combining season results, final ranking, and state finals success:

1.Levi Moss

2.Josh Farrell

3.Tom Gettinger

1.Cody Phillips

2.Paul Petrov

3.Jarred Brooks

1.Kyle Ayersman

2.Brendan Campbell

3.Jarred McKinley

1.Josh Kieffer

2.Alex Gregory

3.Layton Binion

1.Ethan Raley

2.Justin Kieffer

3.Travis Barroquillo

1.Jason Tsirtsis

2.Devon Jackson

3.Conner Mullins

1.Blake Rueger

2.Andrew Hiestand

3.Brad Wartman

1.P.J. Montgomery

2.Kirk Johnson

3.Grant Scurria

1.Eric Roach

2.Doug Welch

3.John Sims

1.Chad Welch

2.Trey Reese

3.Tanner Lynde

1.Drake Stein

2.Tyler Willis

3.Jackson Bratcher

1.Aaron Stevenson

2.Mitch Sliga

3.Travis Thatcher

1.Keith Knura

2.Logan Cooper

3.Brad Mills

1.Daniel Meyer

2.Damon Howe

3.Willie Henson

I would think meyer would stay at hwt with his past there two time sq one tim placer

Someone from Bellmont can correct me on this if I'm wrong, but I was told by people who know the program that Meyer has been at 285 because of the team's needs.  But they have a beast of a freshman there that weighs 215-220 right now that they project at heavy as a sophomore for next year.  Meyer walks around at near 215, so people are speculating he'll go down to his natural weight and make room for the kid at 285.

Someone from Bellmont can correct me on this if I'm wrong, but I was told by people who know the program that Meyer has been at 285 because of the team's needs.  But they have a beast of a freshman there that weighs 215-220 right now that they project at heavy as a sophomore for next year.  Meyer walks around at near 215, so people are speculating he'll go down to his natural weight and make room for the kid at 285.

Bellmont has a kid that will be a junior next year that will step in at 215. Meyer will most likely stay at hwt next year will the success he has had up there it wouldnt make any sense for him to go down to 215. Also you might want to throw in Faurote at 140 he was 2 seconds away from beating Norton in the ticket round.

Bellmont has a kid that will be a junior next year that will step in at 215. Meyer will most likely stay at hwt next year will the success he has had up there it wouldnt make any sense for him to go down to 215. Also you might want to throw in Faurote at 140 he was 2 seconds away from beating Norton in the ticket round.

Yeah, there are about 8 kids that you could argue as top 3 coming back from 135 this year, projecting at 140 for next year.  You have to give the nod to Hiestand over Faurote because of their head to head matches this year.  But then Rueger beat Hiestand and Wartman placed very highly.  Norton had a number of close calls this year; Faurote wasn't the only one to almost knock him off.

Yeah, I don't know what to say about the 135s coming back.  RG will have his hands full with the preseason ranking.  It's a lot of this guy beat this guy who beat this guy.  Thanks for the help with Meyer (both of you who mentioned this).  I changed him to 285.

The average wrestler in high school wrestles about 20-25 pounds heavier his senior year compared to his freshman year, moving up about 7-8 pounds per season--especially below 160.  Thus, we can project most kids for next year at 1 weight class higher; and I'll assume, for the sake of argument, that the top 9th graders at 103 will stay where they are for next year. Also, at higher weights, I assume 10th grade 160s and 171s move up while all others from 160-285 stay the same.   A quick look, combining season results, final ranking, and state finals success:

1.Levi Moss

2.Josh Farrell

3.Tom Gettinger

Farrell beat moss very solidly at the Regional, I believe it was 5-1. So i would put Farrell infront of Moss.

Too bad we wrestle 3 periods-not just 2. So score was 1-0 after 2--Final score was 8-0. Third period is when the good ones wear out their opponets...Mullins stay away from Tsitsis unless they change rules to just one or two periods.

He beat a wrestler that was 57-0  8 to 0, i know the finals were close..but id say he is pretty much a machine

Mullins had a bad day yall. If anyone on this board would have seen his quarters match, he wasn't very sharp, he only beat the previous guy, who I believed placed 7th 3-2 on a last second reversal. It just wasn't meant to be for him. Yes he had an outstanding year and he DID NOT give a single takedown. I would say that if Mullins wrestles Tsirtis again that Mullins will not choose bottom in the third, maybe the second, but Mullins is very very good on his feet.  I think Mullins has a great shot to beat anyone from 130-140 next year. He WILL NOT avoid anyone. I repeat HE WILL NOT AVOID ANYONE. Mullins is up to the challenge and WILL NOT BACK DOWN. Mark my words. Thanks and God bless to all. Can't wait til next year, but first good luck to all wrestling this weekend at Team and Good luck to all the seniors in IL in a couple of weeks.

I dont know about raley being on top at 130, and that is if he makes 130.  I think kieffer had a bad day on saturday.  He pinned raley earlier this year, and beat him in the finals last year.  I may be wrong, i guess we will have to see.

or maybe ethan was just on? i think thats it! And he will be in the top 3 at 130 next year he just keeps getting better!

I'd have Cody LeCount from Perry Meridian in the top three at 103 for next year, this kid is the real deal. Also, there is no way Jackson Bratcher will make 171 next year, he'll be at least 189.

Are you sure LeCount will be at 103 next year?  He just wrestled 110 at Middle School State a couple of weeks ago.

considering we do not know next years weight classes it makes it even harder to predict wrestling results...

the new weights may really alter a lot of wrestlers plans for the upcoming seasons...

Rebelmania --  your name says enough, I watched both kids numerous times and while I am not from Roncalli or Indian Creek, I would say your reasoning seems tilted to your wrestler.  Raley has a State Championship and State Runner-Up and I believe Kieffers best is 4th. They are both very talented wrestlers that have a good year ahead of them!!!  Good luck to both but my edge goes to Raley in this match-up!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.