Fort Wayne regional coach of the year

duck_and_run

The voting just came back and I think all four regionals picked the wrong coach for the awards.  The winners were Peru's coach, Homesteads coach, Jimtowns Coach, and Yorktowns Coach. 

In the Peru regional I would have went with Easterns coach winning his first sectional title and taking several kids to the semi state level. 

In the Fort Wayne regional Whitcko was a no brainer.  They beat Homestead at team regional and had more regional champions with less students.

In the Goshen regional how do you vote against Prarie Hieghts coach.  He had 4 champions at the regional and took 4 to state.  I would say that they were only supose to get one to state.

In the Jay County regional I would have given Bellmont's coaches the nodd once again.  They took just as many kids to semi state as Yorktown, and were clearly the team that made the biggest jump from the beggining of the year to the end.  Just look at the Yorktown score from the start of the year to team regional and you can see why Bellmont is where they are.

I think the Peru regional vote should have gone to the Southwood or Huntington North coach.  Both schools represented themselves well at regionals and semi-state.  Eastern would have had a stronger team at regionals and semistate if they had not won sectionals and had to compete at Team Regionals. Either way I don't feel as Peru's coaches deserved this either. Some of the coaches should think about their votes a little harder next year

it was easterns coach first sectional title at eastern in his first year there, i believe he had many titles at western and is in the hall of fame. I would say def not the peru coaches tho, however they are great coaches but this year wasnt their year IMO

duck_and_run... I have read several of your post on this site and you seem to not be the brightest "poster."  I agree with the voting. Bellmont has a great coaching staff.  But a win is a win any way you look at it. Doesn't matter if you beat a team by 40 points or 4 points you still won. Yes, Bellmont did take just as many to semi-state BUT how many did they take to state? I'm thinking its a lot less than Yorktown.

Why would there be so much of a complaint about Bellmonts coaching staff winning regional coach of the year.  If Bellmont was having an up year and Yorktown closed the gap like Bellmont did this year wouldn't you think of putting Yorktown's coaching staff on the list.

The voting just came back and I think all four regionals picked the wrong coach for the awards.  The winners were Peru's coach, Homesteads coach, Jimtowns Coach, and Yorktowns Coach. 

In the Peru regional I would have went with Easterns coach winning his first sectional title and taking several kids to the semi state level. 

In the Fort Wayne regional Whitcko was a no brainer.  They beat Homestead at team regional and had more regional champions with less students.

In the Goshen regional how do you vote against Prarie Hieghts coach.  He had 4 champions at the regional and took 4 to state.  I would say that they were only supose to get one to state.

In the Jay County regional I would have given Bellmont's coaches the nodd once again.  They took just as many kids to semi state as Yorktown, and were clearly the team that made the biggest jump from the beggining of the year to the end.  Just look at the Yorktown score from the start of the year to team regional and you can see why Bellmont is where they are.

Prairie Heights over Jimtown?  You mean the same PH team that lost 54-21 to Jimtown at the Team Regional?

I would like to congratulate coach McCormick. On his award along with the state coach of the year award. Having said that his assistant coach Dulaney is a clown, I have never seen a coach act like this individual did at semi-state. Hell I was ready to give him a skirt and some pom poms. The topper had to be in the heavyweight match, when coach Dulaney went over to the Yorktown crowd and started to lead them in the chant of "stlling, stalling stalling". This man must know alot about wrestling, why else would you keep him around.  Good luck to Yorktown at team state, again congrats to coach McCormick, and to coach Dulaney, try to show a little class at team state  you don't just represent you, you represent your kids and your school!

billy barty, you obviously are a Bellmont fan.  Just look at all your old posts.  Everything you talk about is Bellmont.  Everyone respects Troy.  He recently won assistant coach of the year.  I'm sure you were one of the Bellmont fans at team regional running their mouth the whole time and staying around to root against Yorktown after they beat you.  To get on here and put down a coach that has a hand in building one of the top programs in the state not only shows a lack of respect, but knowledge. 

You will never find a coach like Troy that teaches, encourages and gets the more out of his kids than he does.  He stands behind his wrestlers and families 100% and demands sportsmanship in a win or a loss from both the kids and the fans. 

You will never find a coach like Troy that teaches, encourages and gets the more out of his kids than he does.   He stands behind his wrestlers and families 100% and demands sportsmanship in a win or a loss from both the kids and the fans. 

I am pretty sure you can find alot of coaches like this around the state.  

Not sure how many would try to get the crowd to start a stalling chant though.

Duck and Run, seriously your an idiot. I have read too many of your irritating posts to hold my tongue any longer. I feel like you sit at home and think of things to cry about or cause a stir. This is a forum so you are entitled to your opinion but honestly, I think every person on this board would like to see Y2 delete your account.

Do everyone a favor, turn your computer off, and leave us alone.

Sorry for the negativity I'm bringing to the board right now but I think if we could vote on it you'd never post on here again.

Congratulations to all the coaches winning this award! Some may not agree on the picks but they are all deserving one way or another.

I am pretty sure you can find alot of coaches like this around the state. 

Not sure how many would try to get the crowd to start a stalling chant though.

I agree.  I should have said it is hard to find a coach that does more than he does.  Meant to disrespect to other coaches. 

Just thought rather tacky to come on hear and call out a coach and call him a clown.

No I mean Prarie Hieghts the team that had four champions at regionals.  Also Prarie Heights the team that has four staters.  Last I checked this was for individual regional coach of the year.  All I was saying is they may have gotten some of these wrong.  Why does everyone hate a difference of opinion?  I have done absolutly nothing to get thrown off here.  All I have done is stick up for what I believe to be right.  If you don't like it leave this is America last time I checked.

I personally like Coach Dulaney, He brings the WOOD every time a match is going on. He barely sits on his chair and I'm suprised he has any gas in his voice at the end of matches as he gives the wrestler 110% of his energy. He is a no nonsense , no excuses, do it 110% and no moaning or griping about it.  Gr8 person and Motivator, Has done a lot for me, and he KNOWS his stuff very well.

To the ones that don't like him. Well in this society we live with and have haters. We have people who don't like others because they cant beat them or be like them. Take for instance any major superstar. Troy is loud and obnoxious at times but that's his personality and I  have never had a problem with him. CLown is a very funny word used in one of the earlier comments. DO WHATEVER it takes to give your wrestler the advantage. Last time I checked a coach yelling Stalling is not against IHSAA wrestling rules.  SO I hope evey 1 is ready because I know Troy is gonna be making some noise at State, But it will be there wrestlers on the mat that will too, which I believe they will have 2 champs. We will see.

Good luck to Yorktown wrestlers and coaches at State and Team State:)

"Man in the Arena"

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt (1858 - 1919), Speech given April 23, 1910

"Man in the Arena"

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt (1858 - 1919), Speech given April 23, 1910

To the ones that don't like him. Well in this society we live with and have haters. We have people who don't like others because they cant beat them or be like them.

I dont have a horse in this debate, but I am confused by your response.  So if a person dislikes someone it is because he cant beat them or because he cant be like him?  That is ridiculous.  If someone views his style differently than you, which you stated you like it, then they must be a hater or must be mad because they are not like him?  Wow....

For the record, I am not a Yorktown basher.  I know a lot of their kids and their coaches.  I have respect for their program.  I have been picking them to beat Bellmont in the team regional for the last few years.  I will be pulling for them tonight and tomorrow.  My comment was in regards to your post, not the person in question.

One important thing is being overlooked in the discussion.  The coach of the year award, assitant coach of the year award, and acadmic all-state are all sponsered by the IHSWCA.  Thus, in order to win or nominate coaches/students for these awards the head coach of the school must be an association member.

Some of the coaches mentioned may very well have been deserving but were not considered because they are not members.  Unfortunatley, every year some students do not get recognized for academic all-state because their coaches do not join the IHSWCA.

Yeah the assitant coach showed absolutly no class.  If you want a call you work the ref not the crowd.  If I were the head coach I would at least tell him how it runs at my program.  This kind of behavior should not be tolerated.  He looks like the father who is clearly can not handle himself in a civilized mannor when their son wrestles.  I have heard circumstances where coaches talk to parents and fans about there behavior at meets I think Trent may want to have that sit down with his assistant coach.  Good luck this weekend Yorktown I have 2 of you winning championships I just hope your assistant coach doesn't take away from your accomplishments this weekend by mocking your competitors.  

We have people who don't like others because they cant beat them or be like them.

lol, what is Mr. Dulaney's record all-time against Bellmont? I am not sure that has anything to do with it.

This whole thread is really out of line. The guy is a good coach, I think that is hard to argue. Some of his matside antics seem a little over-the-top, but to say he doesn't deserve some sort of coaching award because he runs around a bunch and gets overly excited doesn't make much sense.

As far as Bellmont fans sticking around to root against Yorktown... Whoever said that is an idiot. First off, most of the Bellmont people left and didn't even stick around for the second match. I am also pretty sure that almost every Bellmont fan would (and will be) rooting for Yorktown to take down Mishawaka next week. (Sorry Mishawaka, but you're just not our favorite  ;D ) Why wouldn't we want Yorktown to win state?

lol, what is Mr. Dulaney's record all-time against Bellmont? I am not sure that has anything to do with it.

This whole thread is really out of line. The guy is a good coach, I think that is hard to argue. Some of his matside antics seem a little over-the-top, but to say he doesn't deserve some sort of coaching award because he runs around a bunch and gets overly excited doesn't make much sense.

As far as Bellmont fans sticking around to root against Yorktown... Whoever said that is an idiot. First off, most of the Bellmont people left and didn't even stick around for the second match. I am also pretty sure that almost every Bellmont fan would (and will be) rooting for Yorktown to take down Mishawaka next week. (Sorry Mishawaka, but you're just not our favorite  ;D ) Why wouldn't we want Yorktown to win state?

There was a group who stuck around yelling and making personal attacks against wrestlers and coaches. Some of them came over after the match and started saying things to the wrestlers. You could smell the beer from several feet away, I'm not sure how they were allowed in.

To the ones that don't like him. Well in this society we live with and have haters. We have people who don't like others because they cant beat them or be like them. Take for instance any major superstar. Troy is loud and obnoxious at times but that's his personality and I  have never had a problem with him.

I said we have people, not that EVERYONE in this world that criticizes is out of pure jealosusly, that would be pure ignorance on my part if i did, y'all probably misinterepreted my comments.

Clown is a word that went over board. I believe that if there is any problem with anyone on this planet, you GO DIRECTLY to them and express your opinion, a solution, and gratitude. YOU DO NOT go on a board and say O coach A is great but his assistant  coach B is a clown (in a way that that particular person does not like the assistant and even crticizes that only his experience is what is keeping him there and having that job) . I felt that he tried to seperrate the good coach on the staff from the BAD one??? lol

My #1 problem is that an individual would call someone out like that. I understand that this is a public forum, and it's just opinion.  I think that he/she let their emotions and opinions get the better of them

and I probably didn't word my response in a proper fashion either. But you will never see me bash a kid or coach no matter the situation, ANd if I have a problem I'll go right to them, the source, or what I believe is the source.

To Decbell1, Dulaney is not the head coach of YT. So he does not have a record against them , and that individual who made the "clown" comment is probably still upset over the team regional loss that Belmont sufferred to YT.  My opinion. GOod luck to everyone this weekend.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.