Stahl vs Corpe

the situation

itll be good but corpe wants the match with stahl too bad to let it slip away

If he wanted it so bad why did he wrestle 160 at the Al Smith? It wasn't because Memorial thought they had a shot at the team title thats for sure.

Although I would also like to see this match, let's not get ahead of ourselves. They have some tough matches to even set this up.

On the other side of this, I don't think the two coaches care much for each other. That would add a little more intensity to an already tense situation.

why dont you all let the state finals decide who is the best wrestler this weekend. the fact is, corpe wrestles for elkhart memorial and stahl wrestles for mishawaka. nothing will change that fact. i personally know both of them and they are still kids. some of you are acting like kids on this post :P. good luck to both of them this weekend. ;D

everyone who doesn't personally know both of these kids and their families, and the wrestling programs they are in, should reserve the comments about who, what, when and where.....they are both great athletes who are gunning for the same thing.....a state title.....is there a little bit of controversy because of the past?.....sure there is......a little bit of pride on the line?.....ok, ok, one hell of alot of pride on the line......i hope they both get to point where they can wrestle saturday and when it's over, i also hope they can shake hands and be friends again.......life is to short to hold grudges forever......

Good Luck to both. It will be a good match if they get by their early opponents which will be a challenge for both. I am sure they are not looking down the road to the third match and are focusing on their first match friday night. I hope they do meet because I am from the area. Best of Luck to all St Joseph and  Elkhart county wrestlers.

i see where quincy richey's name was brought up as a very possible road block for one of them....but which one?.....on the ihsaa website the brackets show him wrestling stahl.....on indianamat.com website the brackets show him wrestling corpe.....who gets the tough sophmore from the south?

If he wanted it so bad why did he wrestle 160 at the Al Smith? It wasn't because Memorial thought they had a shot at the team title thats for sure.

because he didnt wanna get him till the state tournament.  Of course stahl and corpe know the way they wrestle and what they do but maybe corpes got something up his sleeve something he didnt wanna show corpe till state??? not sure just saying. and in the end i am with you i have Stahl winning lol. but it will be a very good match ;D

yeah i thought it was gong to be more heated. But nope beside some tough hand fighting pretty laid back I thought Corpe wrestled realy tough took him down twice in the first and cradles him up. any time you are at tha level and you go down by 6 it s going to be hard to rebound. On the other side Ryan Stahl took the loss like a champion shook Corpes hand gave him a hug and was very classy   

I was very impressed by the sportsmanship shown by both of these fine young men following the match.  Yes, there was a lot of hype about this match and everybody had an opinion.   In the end, both handled themselves with class and dignity.  Funny, you ever notice that in most conflicts or differences involving young people, that if the adults would stay quiet and out of it, the young people are usually able to find peace in a situation.  Seems like we should be able to learn by watching them!  Good Luck to both of these both of these young men in the future.  I know the future will be bright for both!

I was very impressed by the sportsmanship shown by both of these fine young men following the match.  Yes, there was a lot of hype about this match and everybody had an opinion.   In the end, both handled themselves with class and dignity.  Funny, you ever notice that in most conflicts or differences involving young people, that if the adults would stay quiet and out of it, the young people are usually able to find peace in a situation.  Seems like we should be able to learn by watching them!  Good Luck to both of these both of these young men in the future.  I know the future will be bright for both!

It's funny, 'cause it's the truth!

yes, i was def surprised in the way this one ended. figured it woulda been way closer. stahl just didnt looked as hyped for it as corpe. corpe just took it to him he obviously wanted it more. wish he woulda wrestled like that in the finals. it seemed he wanted that one way more than the finals.  but dont get me wrong corpe is def a beast still.  good job to him and i wish him good luck as well as stahl :) 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.