Will Tsirtsis and Phillips be the next two 4 timers?

iWatch

Phillips was up 17-8 with 20 sec left, he made a poor choice in letting it go neutral to restart with the 20 sec left, he got tossed an it finished 17-14.  He made a poor decision in going neutral, which allowed the final outcome to even have a chance.  He rides him out the last 20 an no one thinks anything of a 17-8 win.  No different than Tsirtsis winning early in the year 3-1 against Schrader, except Tsirtsis was never up 9 pts.  It was too close a match at the whistles end, however, the match wasn't that close until then, it happened.  It might happen again, it might happen to anyone this weekend.  He isn't the first one to make a wrong decision and I'm sure he won't be the last.  Let's all wrestle good this weekend and see where the cards fall.

• 3 weeks later...

i dont see why so many people are saying tsirtis is a lock for 4x and phillips is not. Phillips has been more dominant in his 2 years of winning state than tsirtis has.but lets not think i am bashing tsirtis at all! he is an amazing wrestling. But i do believe phillips has as much of a chance to win 4 state titles as tsirtis does. phillips is a complete monster. Tsirtis does control the whole match but i just feel like Phillips controls and dominates the whole match. both are phenomenal wrestlers and i hope they both win 2 more state championships.

Over the past years only one 103lbs state champion has repeated the feat at a higher weight class.  I believe that is a big reason.  Plus, Tsirtsis has beaten some VERY, VERY good wrestlers to earn his title.  Look at Cashe Quiroga who qualified for NCAAs as a true freshman as a big example. 

he beat cashe last year...ive been watching mr. quiroga wrestle on big ten network and as you stated qualified as a true freshman..dont you think cashe might have gotten a TINY bit better? like i said jason and cody are both awesome wrestlers. i believe cody can be just as dominant in the higher weight classes as he has been the past 2 years, as will jason.

he beat cashe last year...ive been watching mr. quiroga wrestle on big ten network and as you stated qualified as a true freshman..dont you think cashe might have gotten a TINY bit better? like i said jason and cody are both awesome wrestlers. i believe cody can be just as dominant in the higher weight classes as he has been the past 2 years, as will jason.

I don't think anyone is taking anything away from Quiroga at all.  I pointed out to my son that it would be fun to watch Quiroga square off againt Jason Tsirtsis right now.  He would more than likely tech fall if not pin Tstirtsis and please don't take this as a slap at Tsirtsis it's just that Quiroga has been practicing and wrestling against the best of the best for the last 9 months and obviously doing more than holding his own.  Quiroga is a true success story for Indiana h.s. wrestling but, with the benfit of hindsight, it should really come as no surprise when you consider how he wrestled his Senior.  That guy ran from no one and routinely bounced up to face better competition.  With that attititude he should be an ncaa champ before it's all said and done. 

I don't think anyone is taking anything away from Quiroga at all.  I pointed out to my son that it would be fun to watch Quiroga square off againt Jason Tsirtsis right now.  He would more than likely tech fall if not pin Tstirtsis and please don't take this as a slap at Tsirtsis it's just that Quiroga has been practicing and wrestling against the best of the best for the last 9 months and obviously doing more than holding his own.  Quiroga is a true success story for Indiana h.s. wrestling but, with the benfit of hindsight, it should really come as no surprise when you consider how he wrestled his Senior.  That guy ran from no one and routinely bounced up to face better competition.  With that attititude he should be an ncaa champ before it's all said and done. 

AGREED

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.