Will Tsirtsis and Phillips be the next two 4 timers?

iWatch

phillips is an outstanding wrestler not just and outstanding 103. I think he will be tough to beat at any weight because his technique is so solid and I feel he will need to move up next year to get colleges to take a good look at him. Tsirtsis is def has 4x ability but you can never take a sophmore and say that he will def be because there is to many unknowns in this great sport of ours just ask Josh Harper.

phillips is an outstanding wrestler not just and outstanding 103. I think he will be tough to beat at any weight because his technique is so solid and I feel he will need to move up next year to get colleges to take a good look at him. Tsirtsis is def has 4x ability but you can never take a sophmore and say that he will def be because there is to many unknowns in this great sport of ours just ask Josh Harper.

i agree with you, the only reason i said if he doesnt bump up too much is because of ethan raley's tough time after jumping too high.

i have only seen phillips downstate, but i am anxious to see him against petrov and brooks.  even if he beats them this year, which i am not convinced is a certainty, they will all be around the same weight for the next couple of years.

i think that big brooks was one of the best wrestlers to never win a state championship.  i don't know if that will happen to little brooks.  and petrov is a pretty good wrestler himself!  that was an awesome match sat. at merrillevile!

Another wrestler myself and others thought for sure would might be a 4X was a wrestler named Galka

Galka was alot closer than people realize. He was beat on friday night as a sophomore at a monster 119 weight class that had 4 defending champs that none won. And as a Junior turned around and won again and as a senior was only a couple of milli seconds from getting the reversal and winning it again.

As for Tsirtsis, i believe he wont lose again in high school and for phillips if he stays small and goes no bigger than 119 i think he will win 4, and probably will go undefeated.

Galka was alot closer than people realize. He was beat on friday night as a sophomore at a monster 119 weight class that had 4 defending champs that none won. And as a Junior turned around and won again and as a senior was only a couple of milli seconds from getting the reversal and winning it again.

As for Tsirtsis, i believe he wont lose again in high school and for phillips if he stays small and goes no bigger than 119 i think he will win 4, and probably will go undefeated.

Galka was hurt most by growing so much from Freshman to Sophomore year.  He went from a smaller looking 103 pounder, to a guy who couldn't make 112 anymore the next year.  People just fail to realize how big of a jump it is to go from 103 to 119!  103 to 112 is a plenty big jump for most kids to handle. 

Cody's parents are pretty small....I don't see Cody getting any bigger than 125, and that would be his senior year. I am guessing at 112 next year and 119 his senior year, but thats just a guess. I think both will do it, but like someone said earlier there are a lot of unknowns that could affect either wrestler.

you gotta remember harper was hurt pretty badly his senior year and his style of wresting allows kid to beat him cuz he keeps it close and they hang around but tsirtis takes it to people!!!! and harper was the man but he did not beat someone of cashes level as a freshman like tsirtis did. cashe was ridiculous!!

Come on Galka was not a small 103 lber,  he was cutting big time to get there like he did though out his youth career. Now people are writing the same thing about Phillips "If he stays small"

It comes down to Athletic kids working hard and catching up.

If I remember correctly Blake Mauler (sp?) was a 4X er and started his Freshman year at 130? then 145 and jr/sr. year won it at 171. My point is you don't always have to stay small is it a big adjustment. yes.

MA

i think what they are tryin to get at and i agree is that people like mauer starting in higher classes and won. they were used to it. typically at 103 its younger guys and some older but they are cutting alot and you usually do not have kids with a lot of muscle. but once they bump up and deal with bigger stronger kids its a different ball game. like phillips is a little tank he is huge at 103 if he goes up to a bigger weight his muscle wont be so uncommon and demanding as it is at 103

Phillips was on his back twice in that match & I think would have been in serious trouble had time not ran out to let him up with the 17-14 win.. As far as Tsirtsis goes, I think alot of people are seriously underestimating Mullins! These are just my opinions, and I'm not saying that neither of these young men can't be 4 timers, but lets not crown them just yet and act like they have no competition...

If Tsirtsis gets one this year no one will be able to challange him.  This year kids are already starting to run next year you won't see a placer anywhere near his wieght.  I would love to see a former 2 or 3 timer bump up a wieght class for sectionals and whoop up on all the guys who were running.

Come on Galka was not a small 103 lber,  he was cutting big time to get there like he did though out his youth career. Now people are writing the same thing about Phillips "If he stays small"

It comes down to Athletic kids working hard and catching up.

If I remember correctly Blake Mauler (sp?) was a 4X er and started his Freshman year at 130? then 145 and jr/sr. year won it at 171. My point is you don't always have to stay small is it a big adjustment. yes.

MA

I guess I had better make that eye doctor appointment, then, because he sure looked small compared to LaFlower under the lights, as well as compared to the Merrillville kid(Nelson?)

Phillips being put on his back should be forgotten about already. Yes he was close to being pinned and Yes the match SCORE was close, but the match itself was never that close and it woke him up if anything. The way he tore Farrell up in the finals didnt look like he was almost just beat, he looked very monsterous. Keep in mind Farrell beat Moss the week before pretty solidly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.