pig tail winners at FW

azcoach

Did anyone happen to notice that NONE of the  young men who won their pig tail matches advanced to state. Perhaps in an effort to defuse a bad situation, it created an unbalance. Perhaps those kids wrestling their 3rd match in the go to state round agaisnt opponents who were wrestling their 2nd match were at a disadvantage. 3 intense matches in less than 3 hours?

Ya, I made the same observation. What made the situation worse was that all but one of the 'extra' guys even won  a match. I did notice some of them fading in the 3rd period of their ticket round match, giving up a lead.

It doesn't matter much anymore, hopefully the situation will never be seen again.

Maybe they should have made everyone else run for 6 minutes around the mats..... ???

Or maybe they just got flat out beat in their matches. I had 3 guys that had pig tail matches, and I like it cause it was a good warm up for their matches with a regional champ. In which one of them did win that match but lost in the round to go, not because of fatigue, but because he flat out got beat by a good wrestler.

The one match-up that should have been later was Chalfant and Greene.  That was a close match and I can't help but think that they should have ended up in different brackets.  They are both state caliber wreslters.

I would agree.  But there were not a lot of options in a very difficult situation.

Personally I am glad that I got to see the match at all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.