has any pinned there way through the tournament

worttie

In 1998 at 215 the beast D.J. Radnovich of Gibson Southern pinned everyone at state.  He was one of the scariest people as far as size I've seen on the mat (seemed bigger than Chalfant but a weight class lower). His first round match was the only one that made it into the 2nd period.   I'm guessing he pinned everyone or almost everyone else through the rest of the tournament series but my memory is to fuzzy to remember that far back.

I think I heard that he pinned everyone his senior year except 1 person.  Not sure if that is true but he was totally amazing. 

He won something like 41 matches that year with 40 pins.  The one match was either a forfeit or default if I remember correctly. 

Radnovich was the only name that came to my mind too.  I was asking this same question this week-end when Raley almost pinned his way through Semi-State.  Radnovich was a BEAST...I would have run if I saw him coming.  Talked to him a few times...super nice guy, didn't seem to go with his "wrestling persona" at all...lol!

Glad you guys remember our stud State Champ DJ.  As a former GS wrestler myself it was awesome seeing DJ pinning everyone en route to an undefeated State Championship.  He was a beast that weekend and did pin every opponent.  Coach B. (twigt) will be able to confirm if DJ pinned every foe from Sectional thru the State Finals but my $$ says he did.  DJ was a very nice kid and I saw him last year and he's still huge.  He was awesome to watch wrestle. 

DJ pinned everybody but Ian Spearman from Southport that year, i know it was at semi-state and think the score was 3-1 or 3-2 cant remember that was a long time ago.

This is correct.  I believe the score was either 3-2 or 4-3. 

Radnovich was the only name that came to my mind too.  I was asking this same question this week-end when Raley almost pinned his way through Semi-State.  Radnovich was a BEAST...I would have run if I saw him coming.  Talked to him a few times...super nice guy, didn't seem to go with his "wrestling persona" at all...lol!

Definitely the biggest 215 I've ever seen.  I heard rumors he was benching like 425 or 450 while still in high school.  Not sure if that's true.  I remember him going to a small-ish college and having some success at heavyweight.  Can anyone recap what he did after high school?

Pinned through state series - sectional -regional-state

1974 Sam Lamb (Evansville Bosse) at 132 lbs.

theckman can confirm.

LOL.....sorry, but Sam didn't pin all of his opponents.  There was a wrestler from Mater Dei (? Rust) that Sam beat on points in the sectional finals.  Sam had an outstanding match against defending state champ Steve Kinser from Bloomington South in the regional semifinals that ended on points, too.  I'm pretty sure he pinned all the others, though, including Rust in regional finals.  The person he pinned in state finals was Dave Walpole who went on to coach Decatur Central.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.