Rookie Mom to Conseco

MatMom

I'm just wondering what the rules are on video cameras, wrestler food/drink, and any other odd rules that might apply to Conseco.  What can I expect?

Basically if you think you can bring it is the answer is probably no.  Conseco does a light search for "safty reasons" and in the process does not allow you to bring in most items.  

Wrestlers can bring in their coolers as they go to the streetside door to their entrance.  However, I believe those items are to remain in the locker areas.  Obviously, Conseco wants its piece of the action and allowing food and beverages in would cut into that.  

In the past they have also not allowed video cameras, however in the last few years I have spotted a couple of smaller cameras in the crowd.  I'm not sure if those where allowed in, hidden enough security didn't see them, or brought in by a coach/wrestler through the athletes door.  Either way per the IHSAA rules you are only suppose to film matches associated with your child so we never get some of the best action captured on film.

The other oddity would be the seats are a free for all at basically all times.  Between rounds you have to find what seats you can which usually means waiting at the front gate soon after the previous round ends if you want the best seats.  Even sometime during the rounds good luck keeping some of the better seats if you leave it for a extended period of time.

I'm just wondering what the rules are on video cameras, wrestler food/drink, and any other odd rules that might apply to Conseco.  What can I expect?

I have recorded matches the last two years and have never had a problem.

Sometimes they ask to check my camera bag sometimes they do not.  And I have actually had good luck walking right up to the front row and getting good people to clear out a seat for me to video tape from.

And the wrestler can bring in food but it does need to stay in the locker room.

Good lunch and congrats to your son for making it to State.

KevinL

Sometimes they ask to check my camera bag sometimes they do not.  And I have actually had good luck walking right up to the front row and getting good people to clear out a seat for me to video tape from.

KevinL

I know you didn't mean to say that, but that's just funny.  You must have had lunch on your mind.  Haha! 

Your not allowed to bring in any type of Sign in. My friends and i made this huge poster for are friend and we were not able to bring it in. We spent the rest of friday night  devising a plan to sneak it in. Howerever this did not work. Spent awhile making it too

Your not allowed to bring in any type of Sign in. My friends and i made this huge poster for are friend and we were not able to bring it in. We spent the rest of friday night  devising a plan to sneak it in. Howerever this did not work. Spent awhile making it too

I believe that is an IHSAA rule for all postseason tournaments.

Sometimes it's hard to admit, but when I was in high school I would paint myself orange like a basketball and lead the team out with the flag along with another guy dressed like a Brave and carrying a 6-foot tomahawk and when it came sectional time we were told no body paint. We decided to run from Bellmont to New Haven instead. What a terrible idea.....

ma'am what you need to do is expect to be mesmerized... when i 1st went and i saw all those kids put it out on the line it sent goosebumps down my spine the best kids in the state just going at it to prove that they were the best... then 1st finals i watched with the face-offs and all kinda changed me just knowing that i saw something special right in front of me :)... also watch out for the stampede to the seats lol

KevinL

I know you didn't mean to say that, but that's just funny.  You must have had lunch on your mind.  Haha! 

Yes sir, it is interesting what your finger will type when there are other things on your mind.

I am glad I was just hungry!!!

Ok, now what you will want to do is report immediately to the satellite office where they do the pairing and check in.

This satellite office is referred to as the Red Gar-ter.  It's on Meridian.  Stop in, tell them caliboy sent you, and mention that you are hoping that you got a good pair.  They will be able to take a look at the "brackets" and tell you if the pair you got is good or not so good.  If it is not so good, do not be discouraged, this is refrerred to as the "luck of the draw".

;D

I'm just kidding MatMom...did not mean to offend in any way.

Truly, if you will be videotaping I will say that there is a platform at about mid-court (if the Pacers were playing) and just below the balcony level.  Fans/family often setup tripods there with video cameras, and there are some folding chairs there too.  Best of luck to your son, hope he has the wrestling day of his life!!

I believe that is an IHSAA rule for all postseason tournaments.

Sometimes it's hard to admit, but when I was in high school I would paint myself orange like a basketball and lead the team out with the flag along with another guy dressed like a Brave and carrying a 6-foot tomahawk and when it came sectional time we were told no body paint. We decided to run from Bellmont to New Haven instead. What a terrible idea.....

You ran from Bellmont to New Haven! I am guessing you missed the game before you got there! hahahahaha

You ran from Bellmont to New Haven! I am guessing you missed the game before you got there! hahahahaha

They let the four of us out of school a half hour early. Game started at 6:00. We got there in the middle of the 2nd quarter to a standing O. It was pretty cool. Dribbled a ball the whole way. Up 27. then up Minnich Rd and on 930.

Why would anyone have a problem with binoculars?  You'll need them in the balcony!  When taping is banned it is either because private tapes cut into revenue from lost official tape sales (think IHSAA) or taping WRESTLERS OTHER THAN YOURS for scouting purposes gives an unfair advantage relative to those individuals/teams who don't have the means to go scouting and taping on their own.  Bigtime programs supposedly have enough advantages as it is, and allowing taping (assuming they have equipment and surplus fans/volunteers to travel and tape for scouting purposes) would only add to their edge.

It least that was how it was explained to me.

Ok mom this is something important.  Look at the bracket for state.  If your son is in the top quarter his first round match up will be on mat #1.  The second quarter he will be on mat #2 and so on and so forth.  So if your son is on the bottom bracket he will be on mat #4 so when you go in locate seats as close as possible to mat #4.  You don't want to be by mat #1 and have to scramble when you see little johnny on the other side of Conseco. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.