Middle School State, the day after

Jacob

This was the only year that we have participated in this tourney. The reason was because of the reports in prior years of how long the tourney lasted. I have to say that this tourney was very well ran and organized. Coach Peck and company did a very nice job. Congratulations on the success and enjoyable day shared by all.

If there was anything I would have to say that went bad on the day, would be on several occasions, the clocks would not have been started or stopped. I think the officials acted correctly when handling those situations.

Travis (T-Bone) had a better day than I expected and did not look as good as I hoped but we will take the eigth place finish at 90 lbs. and be very happy with it.

Thanks again, you guys did a great job!!! He starts high school next year or we would definately be back.

T-Bones Dad

I, too, would like to thank Coach Peckinpaugh, the IHSWCA and the ISWA for a nice tournament yesterday.  Some realize, and some don't, that the New Castle wrestling program also hosted an IHSAA semi-state the day before!  This is very exhausting to host two high profile events back to back in one week-end, and I think they did a super job!  I also saw a number of New Castle HS varsity wrestlers manning score clocks after they had wrestled the day before.  I tip my hat to you for volunteering to help on Sunday.  Again, thank you to everyone who volunteered their time in putting on yesterday's event.

Coach McCormick

I agree that it was a great day.    After the 1st round it went very fast.

Not sure how they could speed up that first round.  It took quite a while to

get everyone weighed in.  After that it went very fast.

It may have seemed fast to me because Jack lost to Drew Hughes the fist round and wrestled out

of the losers bracket the rest of the day.  6 matches later he ends up 5th.

I could not be more proud of his toughness!  Last match was an overtime win over Trent Pruitt.

That one could have went either way.  Trent was tough as nails.

I'm worn out, but had a great weekend in New Castle. I thought both tournaments went very well. I would love to see Middle School State get done a couple of hours earlier but I'm sure that's not as easy as it sounds. Saw very little drama and only a few instances of poor calls.........nice job.

The results are up, but I noticed a lot of errors in the final scoring.

It was a great day of wrestling! I thought the tournament was ran well. The first round was slow, but there were also a lot of bye's that round so it was expected. Thanks to New Castle for hosting such a huge weekend of wrestling!

It was a great day by all who were there, wrestlers, coaches, parents, volunteers and refs. We were able to see some great matches and some POOR Draws in some loaded weights.

I just wish that who ever, could have took a long look at some of the weight classes and done a better job of separating that top kids in that class. I know for instance that the 110 class, was loaded in the bottom bracket with the states three best kids facing each other in rounds two, and three. I felt sorry for those boys and for the one?s who had to face anyone of them in the wrestle backs.  With that congratulations to Cody Lecount 1st, Tommy Forte wrestle back for true second, and Kyle Jolas 4th, both close losses to Tommy.

I wish it could have worked out different in the bracketing. 

The 110 weight class was loaded with a talented group of wrestlers.  With wrestling for true 2nd draw isn't as important.  The kid who should have won did and the kid who should have gotten 2nd did.  With that said, Evan Loe did a great job all day as well.  Another very talented wrestler in a tough group.  My son was in the class as well, lost to Loe in the 2nd round and fought back to place.  I don't know if there was a deeper weight class yesterday.  If there was ... WOW

great day it was nice to be out before 11pm.  great job Austin Mccloskey 2nd at 140, got beat in the last 8 seconds 3-4 against Vincent Cosaro, also great job jeff scott on 3rd place at 140, kellen VANCHEST 7th at 85, and congrats Vincent Cosaro on your 2nd MS State title, that was a fun match to watch! Great Wrestlers, great sportmanship, great match!

The 110 weight class was loaded with a talented group of wrestlers.  With wrestling for true 2nd draw isn't as important.  The kid who should have won did and the kid who should have gotten 2nd did.  With that said, Evan Loe did a great job all day as well.  Another very talented wrestler in a tough group.  My son was in the class as well, lost to Loe in the 2nd round and fought back to place.  I don't know if there was a deeper weight class yesterday.  If there was ... WOW

hello bookworm

According to an email I received, the placements on trackwrestling are not all correct. I know there were some wrestlebacks for a true 2nd that changed the placement. Apparently, those were not changed on the trackwrestling results. I changed the 110 lb. results. If there are others, please let me know. You can post corrections here or email iswa@sbcglobal.net

Thanks

It was a great day by all who were there, wrestlers, coaches, parents, volunteers and refs. We were able to see some great matches and some POOR Draws in some loaded weights.

I just wish that who ever, could have took a long look at some of the weight classes and done a better job of separating that top kids in that class. I know for instance that the 110 class, was loaded in the bottom bracket with the states three best kids facing each other in rounds two, and three. I felt sorry for those boys and for the one?s who had to face anyone of them in the wrestle backs.  With that congratulations to Cody Lecount 1st, Tommy Forte wrestle back for true second, and Kyle Jolas 4th, both close losses to Tommy.

I wish it could have worked out different in the bracketing. 

I think the only way to seperate them out would be to have seeding. That would just open up a can of worms that has been thouroughly debated. Some middle school seasons are still in progress, including ours. Blind draw is probably the best way to do this. Some get a favorable draw some don`t. We have all been on both sides of that.

Great job Rex and New Castle.  Very well ran tournament.  Great job PM wrestlers with 10 placewinners.

Champs-Cody Lecount, Wes Bernard;  runner ups-Brett Johnson, Jacob Cottey and Aiden kenney;  Third-Ben Stewart; 5th-Jimmy Montgomery; 6th-Kaz Koehring; 7th-Matt Kelly; 8th-Sam Stoffer.  Keep up the good work boys.  Lets stay together for many years to come.

Congrats to all the place winners in the 102 LBS. bracket. 50 kids in the bracket, WOW. Where does Hunter Fox come from it says Contenders. Does anyone know what high school he will go to and what grade he is in?We have never wrestled him before this tournament. He is very good, he pinned us in the first period we didn't expect that. Congrats to him on the win and Baily on his second place finish.

I think the only way to seperate them out would be to have seeding. That would just open up a can of worms that has been thouroughly debated. Some middle school seasons are still in progress, including ours. Blind draw is probably the best way to do this. Some get a favorable draw some don`t. We have all been on both sides of that.

No I totaly agree with you, there is no fair way to seed each weight at this age. The ones who lost showed true grit and fought their way back not caring who stood in their way and got the job done. My yhat is off each and every wrestler there. They all put their all into each and every match, Nice job by all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.