McMurray vs McCray

duck_and_run

For the record, I have seen both wrestle and am sure Sean will come away with it.  However, after all the talk, I really hope McCray shows up like he should, takes his 3rd or 4th like I hope, and at least earns your guys respect as a really tough kid that lived up to the hype.....at least!  Good luck to both!!! Classic case of one guy whose "been there, done that" and another guy who "if you wanna be the best, you gotta beat the best!"  That's all it is guys........can't wait.......

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, I have seen both wrestle and am sure Sean will come away with it.  However, after all the talk, I really hope McCray shows up like he should, takes his 3rd or 4th like I hope, and at least earns your guys respect as a really tough kid that lived up to the hype.....at least!  Good luck to both!!! Classic case of one guy whose "been there, done that" and another guy who "if you wanna be the best, you gotta beat the best!"  That's all it is guys........can't wait.......

Good post....Remember, this thread was started by duck and run, a card carrying member of the anti Y2 fan club.  It's a no lose proposition for him.  If McCray would win, he looks intelligent (relatively speaking).  If he loses, duck would be overjoyed that one of Y2's kids lost.

I wrestled  White at semi state.. and to be honest that was the strongest kid i have wrestled this year and last year!! No joke! So seems to me how every one is saying mcray is very strong i think these wrestlers will bump heads. 

But for real its crazy it seems like yesterday the season just started and now in two days the state finals will begin :o :o :o :o

I'm not taking anything away from mccray going undefeated this late in the season means he is pretty good! But white is very strong and a pretty good wrestler Sean said the same thing quiroz just said. It won't be an easy Friday night for anyone! Good luck everyone!

Ok # 1 I will say I 100% dislike Y2, but I also have a ton of respect for the McCray kid wrestling abilities.  If you boys from Merriville think whites strong you ain't seen anything yet.  McCray will make him look tiny and take it to him all night.  After that maybe you will give a little respect where its deserved.  I think its funny how Merriville people talk trash.  You act like your better then Fort Wayne at every weight class and that straight up is not the case.  Yeah you guys are having great success, it doesn't hurt when your recruiting our top guys.  Its ok though you won't be the best for long, New Castle is taking over in two years from now.  Then maybe they can recruit some of your guys. 

I think Duck and Run needs to let McCray talk for himself this weekend on the floor. These kids already have enough pressure on them without somebody saying they are going to jump out of no where, and beat the defending 2x state champ. If McCray wants the respect that he "deserves" he doesn't need to get it from this messageboard. He will get it for himself this friday and saturday night.

Posted on: Yesterday at 10:17:58 PMPosted by: duck_and_run 

Insert Quote

Ok # 1 I will say I 100% dislike Y2, but I also have a ton of respect for the McCray kid wrestling abilities.  If you boys from Merriville think whites strong you ain't seen anything yet.  McCray will make him look tiny and take it to him all night.  After that maybe you will give a little respect where its deserved.  I think its funny how Merriville people talk trash.  You act like your better then Fort Wayne at every weight class and that straight up is not the case.  Yeah you guys are having great success, it doesn't hurt when your recruiting our top guys.  Its ok though you won't be the best for long, New Castle is taking over in two years from now.  Then maybe they can recruit some of your guys. 

duck and run is a complete idiot.....

Recruit your guys please not something about recruiting again! Fort Wayne just isn't at the level mville and new castle Ss are its been proven the past many years I'm pretty sure you've only seen mccray wrestle. And not mcmurray Willis quiroz vlahoes terrell white all the other top notch guys at 160 you said vlahoes would beat Sean last week and Sean proved you wrong now you say a guy that hasn't placed in state will own him! Technique beats strength

im trying to figure out why anyone would doubt mccmurray?? haha not tryin to be his #1 groupie but seriously this thread shouldve never been started. i wish i knew who that sucka duck and run was cause id take him out back of conseco this weekend and give him the ol jersey shore beat down like my boy ronnie did that kid from seaside. but on a serious note come on now u know mccmurray wont get beat.

Merr. SS fans got tired of your claim that without Crown Point, Mishawaka and Merriville the SS was weak. Thats where a lot of trash got started. I noticed you never responded when I pointed out that 33% of the state champs over the last 4 years came out of Merr.SS    AFTER    you remove the 14 titlists from those three schools in that time period. You like math in your battles with y2 so do it here. 4 SS should equal 25% each.

XCard:

What difference does it make that Sean is from a big school?   Are you trying to tell all the

kids from little schools that they shouldn't set their sights on winning a state championship, because

they will be meeting up with a kid from a big school and they won't have a chance?

Take a chill pill, I think he was joking with Y2..  Y2 is an advocate for class wrestling... 

Thanks Sean, I was definitely poking fun at one of y2's points on class wrestling. 

Commenting on this matter though, I really don't see McMurray getting beat this weekend.  I watched the match with Willis, McMurray was never in danger of losing that match in my opinion.  There was a takedown I felt he was not awarded, I believe Willis was supporting his weight on hands or it was close to end of period, anyhow I thought it should have been a 3-0 final.  I have not seen McCray, so I am speaking blindly on the matter, I am gonna hold off my opinion until I see McCray Friday night, but my gut tells me that McMurray will be winning his third title Saturday night.  Good luck to all at the weight class, which is definitely looking to be one of many entertaining weight classes this weekend!

Now seems like an appropriate time to reveal that awood10 is in no way related to or endorsed by awood1, awood2, awood3, awood1a, awood1b, awood0 or any of it's subsidiaries.  :o

I was starting to wonder.............

I just want all you sean McMurray fans to know that we will be taking McCray bandwaggon fans up untill Saturday morning.  So if you would like to jump ship just let me know and I will spare you the redicule if McCray wins. 

In all seriousness though I am just saying I personally think this will be a fun one to watch and it will be an extremly close match.  I do have McCray winning, but we will just see how it plays out.  I am fairly certain this will not be a whooping for either wrestler.  Just two of the best Indiana has to offer going at it.  Good luck to both wrestlers and I hope it comes down to the wire.  This is another one of those 1 vs 2 matchups in the semis that we all just hate to see.

I just want all you sean McMurray fans to know that we will be taking McCray bandwaggon fans up untill Saturday morning.  So if you would like to jump ship just let me know and I will spare you the redicule if McCray wins. 

In all seriousness though I am just saying I personally think this will be a fun one to watch and it will be an extremly close match.  I do have McCray winning, but we will just see how it plays out.  I am fairly certain this will not be a whooping for either wrestler.  Just two of the best Indiana has to offer going at it.  Good luck to both wrestlers and I hope it comes down to the wire.  This is another one of those 1 vs 2 matchups in the semis that we all just hate to see.

Its not a #1 vs #2, either ranking wise or seeding wise

Okay Duders, Justdo^it is here to save the day. (Yes, I am aware i referred to myself in the third person.)

And i'm gonna do this by way of asking you a couple questions.

-Do you believe any of these guys can take down McMurray?

~Because, not a single person has taken him down all year, and this includes: Qurioz(in multiple matches), Willis, Vlahos, Stahl, White(Who or possibly whom is very strong), and The Stud he wrestled from Illinois (Unsure of his name).

-Do you believe any one will be able to escape from him?

~Because, The only people that have are those poor souls he chose to let up in order to take them down multiple times. He has ridden out Willis, Vlahos, Quiroz (Usually gets let up however), and The Stud from Illinois (Again I apologize for being ignorant of his name).

-Do you believe anyone will be able to ride him and/or turn him?

~Because, He has been ridden out for an entire period one time this entire season by Stahl (Someone who is at a lower weight class. The reason for which seemed to me was because it was the third period and he had a four point lead. None the less, he has been ridden out once and credit needs to be given where it is due). However, He has yet to be turned by anyone and that includes Quiroz. An individual who seems to rack up quite a bit of near fall. Especially, the turn we all saw him use very successfully last year in his state tournament run. If you have seen him wrestle you know to what i am referring to.  Great Turn Kid!

-To sum up, I believe if you aren't able to take him down, get away from him, or turn him you will be unable to beat him. Throughout the season many of the very best, most elite wrestlers have tried to achieve at least one of these things and ALL HAVE FAILED!

-What Makes You Think This Will Change Now?

~It will not. All this talk of him losing is starting to become absolutely laughable and completely absurd.

-Bring on the Boo's.

I am wahoo-ing this one!

im trying to figure out why anyone would doubt mccmurray?? haha not tryin to be his #1 groupie but seriously this thread shouldve never been started. i wish i knew who that sucka duck and run was cause id take him out back of conseco this weekend and give him the ol jersey shore beat down like my boy ronnie did that kid from seaside. but on a serious note come on now u know mccmurray wont get beat.

haha i miss the jersey shore.. wish MTV would bring back THE FIST PUMP ALREADY!!!  8)

ppl were saying that about Vlahos that he was strong and shoots alot so would give McMurray a match and white was strong to but Sean beat both of them with no real problem. The finals score was 7-0 not even close. Sean will get to the finals on that side of bracket. I am hoping for a Quiroz/McMurray rematch and i hope we will get it. Good luck to all wrestlers

Who is this Quiroz you speak of?

ff

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.