Congratulations to Arsenal Tech's Arthur Wright

Coach Brown

To all the Indianapolis Public School grads, fans, supporters. It has been at 4yr drought since an IPS wrestler has advanced to the State Finals, the last being Manual's, Ishmal Hinton placed 8th at HWT. Congratulations Arthur for  to the qualifying  State Finals. Coach Mendoza you are doing a great job at the old alma mater. Good LUCK this Friday and Saturday. We will be there supporting Arthur!!!!!!!!!!!

First, congrats to ALL of the finalists.

Secondly, congrats to Robert Hawthorne, Rod Harris, Dominique Price, and Charlie McGinley for making it to Semi-State.  All four of those guys have a shot again next year and they can improve upon the stat that Coach Brown threw out.  NEXT SEASON STARTS TODAY AND YOU FOUR ARE IN THE SPOTLIGHT!

On behalf of Arthur and the Arsenal Tech program, thanks guys.

Joe, you do a fantastic job yourself.

Dingo, I have no idea who you are but your posts and write ups are always classy and intelligent.

Arthur earned that win in the ticket round by making huge commitments in the off season.  Hopefully we (IPS) can improve on our number of qualifiers in the future.  Hopefully Arthur's example will be a model for all the kids in IPS to follow.  Arthur's success was not magic;  it was dedication, determination, and good old fashioned hard work.  To any IPS kid reading this: put the off season work in, it pays.

To the many people who have helped Arthur along the way (especially Coach Parham and the people at Jireh Sports), thanks.

Arthur earned that win in the ticket round by making huge commitments in the off season.  Hopefully we (IPS) can improve on our number of qualifiers in the future.   Hopefully Arthur's example will be a model for all the kids in IPS to follow.  Arthur's success was not magic;  it was dedication, determination, and good old fashioned hard work.  To any IPS kid reading this: put the off season work in, it pays.

One of the better statement I have heard in a long time on this site.  I had the chance to see Arthur compete at a few of these off season events and agree that for anyone this type of extra work ethic always pays off in the end.  Good luck to Arthur and also to you Coach Mendoza.  You are creating something great at Tech and I hope it keeps moving forward.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.