Chad Welch 152

catfish

Chad Welch Junior number two ranked 152.  How good has he been since State last year when he lost with some broken bones in his hand:

Undefeated this year-

Beat

Tonte  #3 19-10 Team State 2009

Sims #3 145 3-0

Stahl #4 4-3

Ritchie #6 9-5

Lynde #7 4-2 Team State 2009

Parrish #10 Pin

Wathan #11 16-0

Juliano #12 17-3

Marshal #15 Tech Fall

I hope you could not find anyone to take your money when you bet on Quincy to beat Welch.

The match had a pretty spectacular beginning.  Richey came out for that throw or whatever it was.  Didn't seem to phase Welch at all.  He had to have a little holy crap moment.  After that, I didn't feel Welch was ever in danger.

Chad looked very impressive at SS and he will be wrestling under the lights this Saturday and Doug should be too.  Having seen these two wrestle a few times last year and a few times this year they really stepped it up.  Good luck to both and ALL Southern Indiana wrestlers this weekend. 

Any common opponents between Welch & Bennett?  I know Bennett is tough but my pick all year long has been C. Welch with his ability to change his style as needed.   

I'm sure both Chad and Sam are not looking past their Friday night matches but as fans it's impossible for us not to look ahead.

If these two were to meet I have to ask.  Please understand I ask the questions because I simply don't know.  I was looking at the rankings page and was wondering some things about Bennett.  So here it goes...

What noteable wins  has Bennett had this season? 

Are there any common opponents between Welch and Bennett?

Who did Bennett lose to last year @ state to finish 3rd?  And could someone explain the details of it?  (I noticed he finished 2nd place a year before.)

Regardless, I am sure both coaches have these men thinking about Fox and Marshall.

If these two were to meet I have to ask.  Please understand I ask the questions because I simply don't know.  I was looking at the rankings page and was wondering some things about Bennett.  So here it goes...

What noteable wins  has Bennett had this season? 

Are there any common opponents between Welch and Bennett?

Who did Bennett lose to last year @ state to finish 3rd?  And could someone explain the details of it?  (I noticed he finished 2nd place a year before.)

Regardless, I am sure both coaches have these men thinking about Fox and Marshall.

[/quote

Would like to know notable wins and who beat him last year before state?

Bennett had one loss going into the state tournament last year and lost a 3-1 match to Daniel Young.  Young went on to win the state championship and finish 47-0.  He is currently doing really well as a freshman in college.

Would like to know notable wins and who beat him last year before state?

Bennett had one loss going into the state tournament last year and lost a 3-1 match to Daniel Young.  Young went on to win the state championship and finish 47-0.  He is currently doing really well as a freshman in college.

Thanks Catfish.  Good to know.

I wish all of these young men the best.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.