Life after Wrestling

beachbum21

I remember seeing a thread about sucessful people who wrestled.  Lets hear about Indiana wrestlers who went on to some neat or sucessful ventures after wrestling.  Not interested in wrestling careers after high shcool, but life experiences.  Doctors, entrepneurs, humanitarian work, etc...anything that is worth noting.

I remember seeing a thread about sucessful people who wrestled.  Lets hear about Indiana wrestlers who went on to some neat or sucessful ventures after wrestling.  Not interested in wrestling careers after high shcool, but life experiences.  Doctors, entrepneurs, humanitarian work, etc...anything that is worth noting.

Doctors, entrepreneurs, humanitarians?

No, no, no, I got nothin'...

Maybe if you'd set the bar a little lower... ;)

I started a couple businesses, sold them off, now I'm teaching chemistry and physics to high school kids. One of the other guys I wrestled with in high school and graduated with is a mechanical engineer designing furnaces for OI (they make glass bottles, take a look at the bottom edge for their logo next time you have a frosty adult beverage) and the other is an army ranger in Iraq.

Its kinda tough after being out of wrestling a couple months how much you miss it and wish you could still do it. Not everyone is good enough to wrestle in college. If you still have the itch for competing i would check out any club level teams at your college. If not, look into Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Trust me on it. Its a lot of fun with a lot of the same concepts as wrestling as well as some new things that will keep you learning. Great thing is that you can compete at all levels from local competitions to Pam-Ams. Ive been in it for two years now and i know people who have been doing it for 20. Its great cardio too.

I started a climbing gym (ClimbTime) in Indy back in the mid ninties and ended up being a pretty good Rock Climber.  I sold it about 10 years ago and have since started another business.  My plan is to retire by the time I'm 50 so I can try my hand at the senior golf tour.  Back in the day my wrestling coach was also the golf coach and was always trying to get us to go out.  I wished I had listened then.  I would have an easier time of it now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.