You haven't seen anything

ha my freshman year we had these 2 guys that we were the school class clowns, they would do all kinds of pranks and what not, they always wore hooters uniforms to cheer in at the basketball games ha whatever they could do to get a few laughs... so that being said these 2 guys would always have there gf's give them a pair of there underwear the night b4 a meet, ha so come morning and weigh ins you would always see 2 guys walking around the locker room with extra small female panties... haha im not gnna lie i still laugh just thinkin about those 2

OK now this is disturbing...you wrestled with Transgender High School Hooters Girls?

Not just one ...But TWO?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of our guys was wrestling his 1st match ever.  He was so nervous that when he and his opponent shook hands to begin the match, he vomited all over his opponent.  The opponent said to the ref, "I forfeit.  There's no way I'm wrestling that kid."  That was his only win of the season.

Way back in the early 80's, a sectional championship match at 185 was taking place.  It was pretty early in the match and one wrestler was pretty well controlling the bottom man.  All of a sudden, the bottom man let out a blood curdling scream, came flying up, turned, and punched the top man square in the middle of his forehead while screaming, "He's grabbing my balls!!!"  The top man toppled straight back like a ton of bricks and was out.  The other guy's coaches came running out on the mat restraining their wrestler.  He went absolutely berserk, screaming at them, telling them he was gonna kill the other guy, and to let him go.  It tool three people to get him off the mat and back towards the locker room.  Shortly afterwards, we heard the sounds of lockers being smashed up.  This was before the days of flagrant misconduct.  I forget what they called it back then but he did not compete at the regional.

I'm always amazed when kids miss weight at overnight tourney's when they sleep with the scale in their room.

We went to the Tournament of Champions one time and a junior high kid is over weight. Our coach instructs him to start running and we leave to go eat. When we get back he gets on the scale and he gained over a pound while we're gone! We ask him what he did, he says that he stopped and got a drink of water after every lap, poor kid was thirsty!

One of our guys was wrestling his 1st match ever.  He was so nervous that when he and his opponent shook hands to begin the match, he vomited all over his opponent.  The opponent said to the ref, "I forfeit.  There's no way I'm wrestling that kid."  That was his only win of the season.

hahahaha im dyin over here... ;D

Around 1992 the rule started that a host school must have a bleach-water solution at matside to clean up blood.  The trainer thought it was a brilliant idea to place the bleach in a water bottle that looked identical to all my team's other water bottles, then stuff it under the coach's corner chair. Sure enough, during the 3rd period of 119 match there is an injury time out. My wrestlers comes over to my coach's chair and grabs the first water bottle he sees; which of course was the bleach. He then proceeds to vomit uncontrollably like that little girl in the Exorcists. He still won the match, but had one heck of a stomach ache for the afternoon.

As a side note, it cracks me up to think about the "blood rag" in the old days.  Many of you seasoned coaches and officials can remember, as I do, how we had this universal towel from 1990 all the way back to antiquity.  We used the same towel to wipe up our kids blood, another team's wrestler's blood, to dry off guys sweating too much, wipe our own forehead. Holy cow, it is amazing how much has changed; and I would add certainly for the better!

Sectional match in 1980s. At 155 Wrestler A wins championship match over Wrestler B. The official applied a rule in error during the match, although no one noticed it at the time.  At end of 167 match, coach of wrestler B brings rule book to official and states "you applied that rule incorrectly." The official talks with coach A; coach A agrees with coach B the rule was applied incorrectly, however states the match is over, wrestler A won the match on the scoreboard, had his hand raised, signed the bout card and just 2 minutes prior received his ribbon and plaquer on the awards stand. The disagreement was professional and no one was shouting, but there were strong opinions. The discussion continues throughout the 177 match. The official delays the start of the 185 match to keep talking about it. Then the official goes on the mat, refs the 185 match. After 185 is complete, the official comes off the mat and says to both coaches he's made up his mind. He tells them to bring the wrestlers back. One of the kids was already outside in the parking lot about to leave with his dad. Then after the 275 match, the official changes the bout card, etc., and declares Wrestler B the victor. 

I think this situation was probably why we had the rule instituted in the early 90s about no changes to a match's results once both wrestlers leave the mat area.

1980s dual-- had official I never seen before. The official and I chat prior to the match. He previously had been an official in Arkansas for a couple seasons, but quit 10 years back because of other commitments. He recently moved to Indiana after a divorce (he was about 55 if I had to guess) and this was his first match getting back into officiating. He didn't sound real confident, but I encouraged him. As a person who has officiate thousands of GR & FS matches, I know how challenging officiating is.

Well, my 98 lbs. kid comes out and tosses the opponent straight to his back. Ref counts to five in the near fall position, then opponent gets off his back, escapes and goes off the mat. Ref then signals to the scorer "7 for green, 1 for red." The other coach and I look at each other like 'what?'  We both approach the ref and he states, "Green got 2 TD, then a 5 second near fall with 1 point for each near fall second.  So that was 2TD + 5 NF = 7 pts. for green.  Then red had 1E." Both of us coaches explained how near fall worked (2-4 secs = 2 pts., 5+ secs = 3pts.) which seemed all new to him. All he could say was in a southern drawl, "You all sure score dem near falls a lot different up here." My 98 lbs. pins the kid quickly after that.

Then 112 just had to be one of those matches. You all have had them. I don't recall the precise score, but it was like 26-22 was BOUT score. Both boys knew just enough offense to be dangerous but had no idea defensively about anything. Well, my Arkansas friend was out of his Confederate mind trying to keep up with these kids. He was calling 2 pt. escapes and 3 pt. takedowns; he was just so confused. The opposing coach and I are good friends, so we are cracking up. Just the odds of having this guy from the South officiating that match were like winning the lotto. The match was stopped 6 times so the scorer could work with the official on what points he had signaled. Just the 112 match alone must have taken 25 minutes with all the stoppages.

119 forfeit; at least that was easy for him. Then at 126 my kid tosses opponent to his back immediately in a headlock. This is back when the circle was near the edge of the mat. My kid has one foot in bounds, but the rest of my wrestler and the opponent is literally on the gym floor. Both opponent's shoulders are flush against the WOODEN gym floor. The official runs off the mat, around the boys, flops on the basketball floor a good five feet from the mat, checks to see if both shoulders are down, then slaps the wooden gym floor and calls a pin. The boys on both teams are laughing so hard tears are running down their cheeks. It took myself and the other coach minutes before we could compose ourselves and explain that ain't no pin to the official.

I don't know what the hell this guy was officiating in Arkansas, but it sure wasn't wrestling... maybe rasslen!

Fifth and final match of LONG day at a super dual. Late afternoon and we wrestled terrible as a team. Most of us have the experience of this setting... it's late in the day, the crowd even gets tired when the matches are non-competitive and everyone in the gym can hear anything. My wrestler on the mat is in the process of getting stuck in a grapevine. Well, one kid on my team bench who loved wrestling, but had tons of emotional problems, screams at the top of his lungs, "JOE, JOE, SHOVE YOUR FINGERS UP HIS @#$^! SO DEEP YOU GRAB HIS TAILBONE. THEN JUST TEAR HIS @#$^! TO PIECES. YOU CAN GET OUT OF THERE IF YOU TEAR HIS @#$^!  TO PIECES JOE!!!"

I took the kid to the locker room as every spectator in the stands bore their eyes into us.  That was the last time the kid was a part of our team.

Fifth and final match of LONG day at a super dual. Late afternoon and we wrestled terrible as a team. Most of us have the experience of this setting... it's late in the day, the crowd even gets tired when the matches are non-competitive and everyone in the gym can hear anything. My wrestler on the mat is in the process of getting stuck in a grapevine. Well, one kid on my team bench who loved wrestling, but had tons of emotional problems, screams at the top of his lungs, "JOE, JOE, SHOVE YOUR FINGERS UP HIS @#$^! SO DEEP YOU GRAB HIS TAILBONE. THEN JUST TEAR HIS @#$^! TO PIECES. YOU CAN GET OUT OF THERE IF YOU TEAR HIS @#$^!  TO PIECES JOE!!!"

I took the kid to the locker room as every spectator in the stands bore their eyes into us.  That was the last time the kid was a part of our team.

I cracked up so bad lmao

great story!

I had a foreign exchange student from Russia on the team. He wasn't very good, spoke little english and was at a complete loss in regards to the our culture. I've dealt with many exchange students in our school, but this young man was by far the most clueless. We're at an opposing school for a meet. This school was/is ancient. It still had the old style troughs in lieu of urinals in the lockerroom. I'm talking to our kids prior to the match in the lockerroom, trying to fire them up. While I am, this exchange kid hangs his rear over the trough, tucks his unit in, and proceeds to defecate in the trough.  A few grunts later, he pulls up his singlet like nothing happened. All of us are just staring at him. The room cleared out fast.  Later, he tried to explain that in Russia they do have troughs that multiple people can utilize simultaneously to go #2. My god, I felt awful for that damn janitor.

Have one from this year....We host our own tourney each year.  My 103 lbr. is usually in the 80-90lb range and has not had many matches where he outweighs his opponent.

He proceeds to wrestle the #1 seed in our tourney and gets taken down in less than 10 seconds, faster than I could even get to the coaches chairs.  As I am just getting to the mat, he is already walking off the mat, headgear in hand looking very down.  I asked him "What happened?"  He looks up at me and says:  "That kid was HUGE!!"  Hard to imagine a 103lbr. being HUGE, but I guess to him he was!

I gotta give my kid credit though, he wrestled every match he could and never asked to forfeit.  I keep telling him to EAT all he wants.

formerwrestler

1988 my assistant coach quits one week into the season (got a non-teaching job). Another guy (I will generically name him 'John') asks for the job a couple days later. He works outside the school. John said his nephew is on my team. The nephew is an excellent student and athlete. After an interview, everything checks out, so the AD gives John the assistant wrestling coach job with my blessing. John wrestled in HS, but had been out of the sport for 15 years. His foundational knowledge of wrestling was fine.  He served as my assistant coach for that entire season and half way through the next season with no problem.  

Xmas break of the John's second yr. as assistant coach, we have separate varsity and jv tourneys on the same day. I take the varsity; he takes the jv. About 10 am one of my jv kid's parents shows up at the varsity tourney location (about 20 minutes away from the jv tourney) and starts telling me I need to get over to the jv tourney location immediately. I have the parent drive me over to the jv tourney. I get there and John is 3 sheets to the wind and reeking of alcohol. I found out years later that John had a number of mental health issues that he hid well and self medicated with drinking. Regardless, John is yelling at an official to call a pin as I breeze in the door; of course this was a problem for the official since both wrestlers were in neutral at the time.

The school AD had tried to get John to leave the jv tourney unsuccessfully on several occasions, as did several of my kids' parents. John told all of them that he was going to be a starting defenseman for Chicago Blackhawks very soon and would enjoy practicing for his upcoming professional hockey career by pounding them all into oblivion. Mind you, John was 51 yrs old, a chain smoker and all of 130 lbs.  So that was fun day for me.

This story comes to me by way of former Logansport High School Coach Joe Patacsil who was also my early mentor 40 years ago when I first started officiating.  As the story goes, back in the late 1950's, Logansport was wrestling Laf. Jeff at Jeff HS and the heavyweights were wrestling.  The official was Mr. John Tatum from Wabash.  John is  the official that gave out Silver Dollars to the winner of the pre meet coin toss.  Many of us so called old timers have these coins to this day from the years he officiated.  Anyway, these two heavyweights were trying to secure a takedown and continually went out of bounds time after time with no takedown.  According to Joe P.,  after about6 or 7 takedown attempts that ended out of bounds, John called both wrestlers to the edge of the mat along with both coaches and told them " I don't care if we have to wrestle out in the hallway, we're not stopping until there is a takedown, you all got that?".   Not sure how the stroy ends, but something tells me there was a takedown soon afterwards.

Tom LaDow

Logansport

Waltharris, we need to party my freind, about ten to fifteen years ago I was working a super dual, and we got done early, so I knew a couple of our guys were doing a super dual at another high school in South Bend. So I thought I would stop by and see how they were doing. The one official just like Walt discribed came from another state and had been an official in Illionis, I had asked him if he had worked any state tournaments over there, and he said several. Now this is before any of us had seen him work. If he worked any state tournaments in Illionis is was special Olimpics not high school. This guy was also a chain smoker and over weight.

As I am pulling into the parking lot I see a ambulance by the doors leading to the gym, so as I get in the door they are leading this guy out on a stretcher, and he is complaining he has chest pains and this other official is yelling at him, and I think partly because he is thinking he is going to have to do this guys matches as well as his own. Anyway he is yelling chest pains HELL have another F-ing cigerette, your not having a F-ing heart attack . And that was the last time any of us ever saw this guy, maybe he moved to another state to build his resume.

A few years back at the Triacof  Invitational, I was on anothe mat and Portage was wrewstling Indianapolis Cathedral, in one of the last matches of the night.

The coaches were Ed Pendowski vs Lance Drama Rhodes, and it was just short of a brawl, anyone who has taken part in the Triacof knows what I mean.

But I had just finished up on the mat next to they're mat and was just sitting and watching the last few matches between these two schools.

And it was getting uglier as each match went by, but at about 189 the Portage wrestler was cranking on a wisier and I saw him make a fist and let it fly, now we officials had been on the mat from about 9:00 am and this was 10:30 or 11:00 pm so anyway the official was Andy Mihail and Lance yells out he through a punch and Andy replyied yea but he didn't land it. And Portage went on the win the match, so Portage took first and Cathedral got second, but Lance droped the second place trophy on the mat and left it bent and broken.

The story goes that coach Wadkins use scotch tape to repair the damage done to the trophy and shipped it down to Cathedral and, sent a retraction to the Indianapolis news paper because Lance had put in the paper that they had won the Triacof not come in second. And that is stuff Legends are built on.

Back in the day...I once watched a coach - at the direction of a ref - cut a kids hair (when that mattered) because the ref said it was to long.   The struggle was almost painful to watch as the young man protested and whined the entire time.  The coach basically had to hold the kid still with one hand and cut hair with the other.   The jawing back and forth was HILARIOUS!!!!!!

The coach finished and told the kid to report to the Ref for his check, and the kid turns and yell "It was Billy's hair that was to long NOT MINE!"

I just about messed myself!

Too funny.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.