Thanks Trent McCormick

throwforfive

I am just questioning this  in a logistical fashion.

How are they going to determine who wrestles whom at the weight classes where there were more than one kid left out?

I am assuming that 1t 103

Gavin Cox-Winchester (9) (28-8) will wrestler Jacob Girod from Bellmont

and

Ryan Phenis-Randolph Southern (11) (26-5) will wrestle Ben Fiechter from Southern Wells

(this works out very well considering that these were the original matchups to start with)

At 112, I am guessing they have to let

Connor Wyatt-Union City (9) (31-5) wrestle Blake Adams-Bellmont

at 119

Angel Rascon-Winchester (9) (25-14) will wrestle Phil Gerber-Bluffton

at 135

Paul Stoddard-Randolph Southern (12) (20-12) will wrestle Clayton Harry from Wapahani

at 140

Kevin Dines-Winchester (12) (23-13) will wrestle TJ Burnfield from South Adams

at 145

Zach Boyd-Winchester (11) (21-5) will wrestle Kyle King of Bluffton

at 152

Jordan Simmons-Winchester (11) (29-6) will get the opportunity to wrestle a rematch of the sectional finals against Smith of Yorktown

at 160

Dylan Holcomb-Winchester (12) (30-6) will wrestle Trent Fuller from Blackford

at 171

Taylor Mock-Winchester (12) (22-14) will wrestle Ben Pfister of Bluffton

and

Steve Phillips-Randolph Southern (12) (20-8) will wrestle Nick Taylor from South Adams

at 189

Steve Thomas-Monroe Central (12) (22-9) will wrestle Kyle Garringer from Jay County

at 215

Andrew Chalfant-Winchester (11) (33-4) will wrestle Matt James-Jay County (12) (35-4)

Taylor Morris-Monroe Central (10) (26-7) will wrestle someone, maybe Andrew Bultemeier-Bellmont

Matt Prewitt-Union City (12) (16-10) will wrestle someone, what would be the most fair would be for him to wrestle Neff, since that was his opening round opponent, but I don't know.

1. Neff 2. Biberstine 3. Bultemeier 4. JAmes

at HWT

Justin Hershberger-Winchester (12) (21-15) will wrestle Elijah Justice from Blackford.

Although a lot of kids from teams other than Winchester are going to suffer because of this, I like it, and it is probably the best thing to do.

If any of the Jay County regional wrestlers are unable to compete on Saturday, are the kids who were added to the pigtail matches the alternates, or would you move the other guys up and have them wrestle against an alternate? 

The entire state is effected by one decision made collectively amongst the coaches present at Jay County Saturday. Sure the IHSAA is going to drop the ball. Why are we putting blame there? Yes it's deserved, but useless. Unless no one makes it out of Fort Wayne Semi-State, everyone in the state is affected.

I say you leave the results of Jay County as they are, but invite all wrestlers who qualified for Jay County to Ft. Wayne and you create two pools, seed your wrestlers and treat it like an invitational. That way the true, traditional wrestling in Indiana is restored. Integrity will too. There will be no "what-ifs" and "if only's".

The gods, I'm sure will be pleased. May the strongest survive.

So now some kids have to win 3 matches to go to state, 5 to win the title. Not so fair to them good for the kids who couldn't make it last Saturday. Just remember why this all started because Jay Co. AD didn't have the guts to say we are cancelling the meet!