Semi state

flockofseagulls

I would like to thank the person responsible for the entire wrestling community not being able to have semi state brackets until possibly Tuesday. You're the man!!!

atleast the kids still get to wrestle they made the right decision , sounds like u would of rather of them to have ff like jay county did so we could have the brackets

atleast the kids still get to wrestle they made the right decision , sounds like u would of rather of them to have ff like jay county did so we could have the brackets

He is talking about people trying to get an advantage by telling there wrestler to stop wrestling during Sectionals to make his draw better at Regionals.  The post has nothint to do with today's events.

Justice was served in the end as sad as that is to say.  This is a kids sport and adults usually end up screwing it up which is what this kid's coach did.  He would have been better off wrestling to his abilities, taking home a Sectional title and facing the music at Regionals the next week.  Who knows, that kid may have been screwed out of his only chance to ever win an IHSAA Sectional title.  Who knows what weight he'll be next year and what kids will be in that weight class.  I hope he doesn't have to face that regret but if he does he thank his "great" coach. 

Who is this "great" coach? I've read alot of these posts but nobody has actually said who did this. Its a shame that it happened and also a shame that instead of the Ihsaa penalizing/suspending this coach they penalize the kids by not releasing the brackets and letting these kids be fully prepared to make a run for Conseco.  Way to go coach !

They should release each regional bracket after all sectionals involved in that regional have officially their sent to the IHSAA.

Release each semi-state bracket after all regionals involved have officially sent their results to the IHSAA.

Reslease the state brackets after all semi-states have officially sent their results to the IHSAA.

Have each round of the event or even each weight class be based on a random formula so they are not all the same and thus noone could easily look ahead to see what may happen.

Seems like the most logical way to do things and what should have been in practice for several years now.

This horse is dead.  Does anyone realize that the only reason this was done was because a state qualifier injury defaulted.  The coach simply wanted to give his wrestler the best chance at getting to semi-state.  In the end, the kid lost a 3-2 match yesterday morning.  The semi-state pairings and regional pairings are done very different, so I am not sure of why Bobby Cox thought that would stop coaches from doing this. 

This horse is dead.  Does anyone realize that the only reason this was done was because a state qualifier injury defaulted.   The coach simply wanted to give his wrestler the best chance at getting to semi-state.  In the end, the kid lost a 3-2 match yesterday morning.  The semi-state pairings and regional pairings are done very different, so I am not sure of why Bobby Cox thought that would stop coaches from doing this. 

One word: INTEGRITY

once again people are talkin bout some one on the internet but they wont say a word to the man himself. i can remember a couple years ago the perry regional champ draws into camden eppert and doesnt even make it to state when he got 3rd the year before this coach is a wrestling guru and im sure he knows the formula and he didnt have him lose on purpose but if he would have instead of not goin to state jimmy schoettle would have matched his junior years perfomance or better so in which instance was the coach right then or this year. he is a great coach and his 6-7 years str8 to the team state finals shows it they r a top 5 team every year so he must be doin something right. so keep on bashing the man on the internet because im sure most of you cowards wouldnt have the balls to say anything to his face.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.