What is your favorite thing about the Merryville Semi State ?

Regionrat1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite memory about m'ville SS is when a couple kids got I got yelled at by some kids mom on another team for using inappropriate behavior when an official made a bad call.  I then proceeded to explain to her that she was sitting in the wrestlers and coaches only section so the didn't say anything else to me......When she go up to get concessions we slid over and took her seat.

I mean i know its crammed and hard to find a seat but imagine sitting there like that for a couple hours then going out an trying to wrestling.......parents please don't sit in the coaches and wrestlers seats, i mean we love the support but give us our room so we can go out there and do our thing.

3. Great wrestling.

2. The packed house adds to the excitement.

And #1:

You don't have to pay for parking like you do at Fort Wayne.

The coliseum is the worst venue, cold floors make the mats hard, you pay to park, and very expensive concessions after they throw your food away.

3. Great wrestling.

2. The packed house adds to the excitement.

And #1:

You don't have to pay for parking like you do at Fort Wayne.

The coliseum is the worst venue, cold floors make the mats hard, you pay to park, and very expensive concessions after they throw your food away.

I agree on this very much!

1) I don't have to worry about Ice for my cooler since it has to stay in the car !

2) It is a great time of the year to start a diet since I can't afford the food from the concession stand !

i hear you on that one!!!!!!

My favorite part about Merrillville is literally nothing. It is a nightmare for a fan. It is a disaster waiting to happen for a fire marshal. It is wrestling-match-in-the-stands for a parent to just get a seat. And I won't even bring up the problems for wrestlers trying to warm-up. Merrillville was a disaster in the 1980s that folks complained about; the fact we are still there tells you plenty about the ihsaa.

Not a fun venue being a fan but as a wrestler wrestling under those lights with standing room only and all eyes on you is pretty awesome. Also, knowing how many amazing wrestlers have come through this semi-state in the last decade makes it one very special place for a high school kid to be competing.

My favorite part about Merrillville is literally nothing. It is a nightmare for a fan. It is a disaster waiting to happen for a fire marshal. It is wrestling-match-in-the-stands for a parent to just get a seat. And I won't even bring up the problems for wrestlers trying to warm-up. Merrillville was a disaster in the 1980s that folks complained about; the fact we are still there tells you plenty about the ihsaa.

Agreed for the most part...except Merrillville has about 3 wrestling mats upstairs in a smaller gym to warm up in. Though you can't hear the announcer in that area. But it is there.

But my favorite part about the Merrillville Semi State was wrestling there...where so many state champs have also wrestled. Another was watching my brother wrestle in the finals when I was like 10.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.