WJOB covering Calumet Regional

dolphaholic

Hats off to Jim Dedelow and WJOB 1230AM for coming out tomorrow to cover the Calumet Regional, they will be going on around 12:45 to re-cap the morning and then will broadcast the finals live, it will also be streamed live at heyregion.com for those out of the broadcast area.  Tune in and you just might hear dolphaholic on the air (Y2 knows how well I can cover an event)

Listened to a few matches ...  it was nice to hear the wrestling coverage etc ...  Dolph,  I know you don't have much experience ... but you have remember when you're on the air, the listeners have no idea whats going on .... so one of the announcers needs to do some play by play !!  Doesn't work as well when both guys try to just be the color guys, adding in comments here and there ...... The post interviews by JED with the wrestlers afterwards were very nice ....  Overall ...very nice job guys  !!    Thanks to Krazy Kaplan Fireworks for sponsoring I believe ?

Sorry ontherise I tried but JED said he would handle it then threw the headset at me after about 3 matches and said "your doing it because I know nothing about wrestling".  Groundhog I agree with everything you said, i'm sure there was some awkward moments and silence but like I said I had no intentions of even being on the air and we didn't set up who was gonna do color or play by play. I think WJOB would be open to doing the semi-state finals if he got some positive feed back during the week, and if it happens hopefully we can  be better prepared.  Any media coverage for wrestling is  a positive thing in my book.

Hey Dolph I am sure if he asked he could find plenty of play by play guys out there.  Hats off to them for just even being there though. Nice to see wrestling getting a little coverage.  Unfortunately I believe the girls start their tournament series and the werstling coverage will get bumped.

Sorry ontherise I tried but JED said he would handle it then threw the headset at me after about 3 matches and said "your doing it because I know nothing about wrestling".  Groundhog I agree with everything you said, i'm sure there was some awkward moments and silence but like I said I had no intentions of even being on the air and we didn't set up who was gonna do color or play by play. I think WJOB would be open to doing the semi-state finals if he got some positive feed back during the week, and if it happens hopefully we can  be better prepared.  Any media coverage for wrestling is  a positive thing in my book.

Naw after I thought about it i might have put wjob in the poor house fcc fines

I tried that Xcard, I was gonna get ontherise to do it but he said he would handle it. I think he just felt more comfortable with me because he knows me (maybe he was right with ontherise's comment about the FCC fines) either way I hope he covers next weekend but your probably right about the girls basketball taking over. Never know though if enough people e-mail WJOB or call there and request it he might come back out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.