135 up for grabs?

ontherise219

Very good point I was impressed with Harris he needs to go out and wrestle I dont see how he gets beat by some people and not that he should win but some times at how bad he gets beat. 135 might be the best weight to watch come friday night

Norton beat Faroute by 1

Faroute beat Heistrand by 1

Hill beat Faroute by 1

It's possible 1 of FW SS top 4 might not make it to state.  Not to say that any of the other kids couldn't make it, but these guys have been the top 4 pretty much the whole season.

Brock Norton is now the favorite, he's my pick for a state title at 135

Not a bad pick, but it's going to be crazy.  I also think any pick at this point would just be a guess.   No clear favorite to me.  I know who I want, but I'll let the kids fight it out.

I think the Evansville Semi-State at 135 is going to be awesome also.  

Barlow got beat by Van Horn,

Weekly took Barlow into OT (the only time i watched) and he has beat Van Horn

Weekly got beat by Weinzapfel (not in the tournament series any longer)

Ruegger has beat Weinzapfel and handled the match each time, Ruegger hasn't lost in Indiana,

There is also Rassbach who has had some tight matches with Van Horn,

Not to mention Konrath who is very impressive.

Ruegger has beat Weinzapfel and handled the match each time, Ruegger hasn't lost in Indiana,

I agree. 135 SS in Evansville is wide open with what took place last night at team regionals. Tight matches all around.

Norton beat Faroute by 1

Faroute beat Heistrand by 1

Hill beat Faroute by 1

It's possible 1 of FW SS top 4 might not make it to state.  Not to say that any of the other kids couldn't make it, but these guys have been the top 4 pretty much the whole season.

I don't think that you can leave 27-2 Cody Zink out of that list.

:D :D :D This is what I was saying on my picks for state this class is nuts and everyone is right this will be a class were alot of things could go right for some and very wrong for others.  Go Get Umm 135 pounders this weight is up for grabs. ;D ;D ;D

Brock Norton is now the favorite, he's my pick for a state title at 135

And rankings guy not to knock norton at all (he's obviously a very talented wrestler) but he would have to have some better credentials on the year than a 1-0 victory over#6 faurote  and an 8-4 victory over #15 Zink to be a lock on the state final. though I'm sure he will place and probably in the top 4.

My pick is R-e-u-g-e-r under the lights. Looks like a very even talented weight class that is just looking for someone to take over. This weight compared with 119, 125,130, or 140 does not have any top 4 clear favorites. In years past and including last year you could of guessed 1-4 guys who would be there at the end. There is just too many flip flops. The rankings just won't matter at the end. ;)

I said it at the beginning of the season, and I got blasted for it by a few people, but I stand by it.  "The toughest weight will be either 130 or 135, whichever one Tsirtsis isn't in!"  There are lots of high level kids in each semi-state at this weight. 

And rankings guy not to knock norton at all (he's obviously a very talented wrestler) but he would have to have some better credentials on the year than a 1-0 victory over#6 faurote  and an 8-4 victory over #15 Zink to be a lock on the state final. though I'm sure he will place and probably in the top 4.

Credentials?? Nobody is a lock at any weight class, but him being 1) Undefeated at his weight class 2) being the highest placer at his weight from the previous year, and 3) having a good match with last years champ in the semi's apparently gets him "credited" enough to be the man right now...IMO at least

I am not going to lie I think that the RankingGuy did a wonderful job this year except for 135.  I think he has a number one ranked guy that won't place first at his semi state alone at state.  He also takes too many last year matches into account, I think that Blake Rueger will come out way above 19th and I think he has some kids ranked high that will get put out by kids, and not just by luck but by a swift butt kicking, that aren't even in this guys sights.  But what do I know I am just a southern boy.

also if I had to choice the number #1 this year it would be Hiestand or Norton not sure.  Also when its all said and done you never know if some could have done better.  I know Weinzapfel from MD was winning and got sucked under and stuck when 9 times out of 10 he would beat the Central kid, but not taking anything away from the central kid either sometimes its the risky kids that will surprise you. He did what he had to do to win, and if it wouldn't have worked atleast he could have said he did every thing he could.

Nope I choice not to have the headache and that is not what i was trying to say and i'm sorry if that is the way i came off. I think that there is just an extreme amount of equality in these wrestlers that anyone can walk away with state title depending on the day. that is why I said what i said, and i would probably have people saying things just like this to me if i did it as well.  I would like for the RankingGuy to take it as a compliment not an insult

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.