Yorktown vs. Whitko

goul149

Not a hundred percent sure. But I was told there was a sub. So i dont think Castner wrestled. Listening to the broadcast of the Bellmont match, sounded like he might have been knocked out but still finished the match. Dont know all that for sure.

Castner was unconscious but Dulaney came over and lifted him off of the mat before anyone really figured out what happened. It looked like he might have done it again in the bleachers and the AC trainers and a few other people went running to him in the hallway.

I really wish this situation would have  not had an effect on the team score, because I didn't think it made a whole lot of sense for him to continue wrestling. With it being such a close match, the coaches must have felt it was worth the risk.

I guess I am also confused on the rules. I thought that a loss of consciousness meant that the match was over. Is this not true anymore?

By no means am I saying that anyone did anything wrong, and I certainly would not have wanted to see Bellmont win on an injury default like that (I would rather stay home than win that way). I was just genuinely worried for the kid. I think he definitely had (has) a good shot at winning Regional.

Great match tonight, Yorktown is the final barrier for Mishawaka. It should be a good state finals match.

Castner was unconscious but Dulaney came over and lifted him off of the mat before anyone really figured out what happened. It looked like he might have done it again in the bleachers and the AC trainers and a few other people went running to him in the hallway.

I really wish this situation would have  not had an effect on the team score, because I didn't think it made a whole lot of sense for him to continue wrestling. With it being such a close match, the coaches must have felt it was worth the risk.

I guess I am also confused on the rules. I thought that a loss of consciousness meant that the match was over. Is this not true anymore?

By no means am I saying that anyone did anything wrong, and I certainly would not have wanted to see Bellmont win on an injury default like that (I would rather stay home than win that way). I was just genuinely worried for the kid. I think he definitely had (has) a good shot at winning Regional.

Great match tonight, Yorktown is the final barrier for Mishawaka. It should be a good state finals match.

I remember back when Bellmont and Snider wrestled at regional Randy Baker was knocked out at regional against jason woodson and  the bellmont coaches raced out there before the refs noticed so its not really that big of a deal.....i think it is a dumb rule in the first place...if it is ok with the coaches and the trainers the wrestlers should be able to wrestle

I remember back when Bellmont and Snider wrestled at regional Randy Baker was knocked out at regional against jason woodson and  the bellmont coaches raced out there before the refs noticed so its not really that big of a deal.....i think it is a dumb rule in the first place...if it is ok with the coaches and the trainers the wrestlers should be able to wrestle

Ya, in some cases I agree. I do worry however when you see it happen again after the match.

That is not what happened at all.

That is not what happened at all.

I agree also, that is not how I saw it.  He was never lifted off the mat.  The ref was on top of it quick.  He obviously did not see anything that looked dangerous.  He had a nice knot under his eye though.

A team point was taken away because some people don't win with class.

Is that coming from a Whitko fan?  I didn't see what happened, but how did they not win with class?  Whitko never stood a chance in that match.  Yorktown replace three varsity wrestlers with kids on JV and stilled rolled.  The real finals match was Yorktown vs. Bellmont.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.