Good Matches 1st Round of Regionals

RankingsGuy

At Calumet

112- former state medalist Aurelio Medina of Munster vs. #13 Brian Orzechowicz of Griffith. Orzechowicz won the first matchup.

140- 3rd placer at the Al Smith Luke Smith of Munster vs. 5th placer at the Al Smith Eddie Deluna of Merrillville. Smith won the first matchup

At LaPorte

119- Nick Lenzo of Lowell who has an overtime loss to Hawkins this year vs. Damien Torres of Portage who has a 5-3 and a 3-1 loss to Hawkins this year

At Calumet

112- former state medalist Aurelio Medina of Munster vs. #13 Brian Orzechowicz of Griffith. Orzechowicz won the first matchup.

140- 3rd placer at the Al Smith Luke Smith of Munster vs. 5th placer at the Al Smith Eddie Deluna of Merrillville. Smith won the first matchup

At LaPorte

119- Nick Lenzo of Lowell who has an overtime loss to Hawkins this year vs. Damien Torres of Portage who has a 5-3 and a 3-1 loss to Hawkins this year

If a wrestler loses in the first round of regional are they able to wrestle back for 3rd or 4th??

Castle Regional

Castle Sectional vs. Evansville Sectional

103:  #1 Meiring (CA) vs. #4 Turi (CE)

125:  #1 Brown (CA) vs. #4 Backes (RE)

130:  #1 Begle (HH) vs. #4 Melliff (NP)

135:  #1 Stewart (B) vs. #4 Keith (CE)

140:  #1 Dodd (CA) vs. #4 Meurer (MV)

These are just my 1's vs. 4's - I will need at least 3 cups of coffee to review the other match-ups.

Castle Regional

Castle Sectional vs. Evansville Sectional

103:  #1 Meiring (CA) vs. #4 Turi (CE)

125:  #1 Brown (CA) vs. #4 Backes (RE)

130:  #1 Begle (HH) vs. #4 Melliff (NP)

135:  #1 Stewart (B) vs. #4 Keith (CE)

140:  #1 Dodd (CA) vs. #4 Meurer (MV)

These are just my 1's vs. 4's - I will need at least 3 cups of coffee to review the other match-ups.

Finish that coffee Jon H, I want to see what you have to say!!!

quote author=caliboy189 link=topic=9063.msg68098#msg68098 date=1264941340]

Does anyone know the scores of Early's matches on the day? Richards was 2 falls and a 20-5 tech in the finals, should be a good match.

Early got caught by a phantom headlock by poynter and went down 7-3 and came back and almost got the takedown to send it to OT, then in the third place match looked very slow and not himself. I thought maybe he was injured.

quote author=caliboy189 link=topic=9063.msg68098#msg68098 date=1264941340]

Does anyone know the scores of Early's matches on the day? Richards was 2 falls and a 20-5 tech in the finals, should be a good match.

Early got caught by a phantom headlock by poynter and went down 7-3 and came back and almost got the takedown to send it to OT, then in the third place match looked very slow and not himself. I thought maybe he was injured.

Thanks- Should be exciting best of luck to all

At Pendleton -

103 -Riley Newkirk  Lawrence Central (31-8) vs Zach Wise Pendleton Heights (34-5)

215 -Wright Tech (30-3) vs Smart Lapel (27-4)

Also at 140 the match between Specht of Noblesville and Edwards for North Central should be good. At 285 the match between Warner from Tipton and Stone from Tech could be very good. Warner looked great at sectionals and I don't know much about Stone. Good Luck to everyone this Saturday.

Just at Mooresville Regional.....

103  Arnold vs. Pettijohn

112  Mocherman vs. Swigert

130  Acosta vs. Wilson

135  Oaks vs. Hays

145 Helterbrand vs. Dickinson........Haak vs. Hays

160  Blackburn vs. Gibson

285  Snyder vs. Stevenson and Ginter vs. Suter

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.