Class This!!!!

duck_and_run

Who can compete with the mighty Homestead Spartans this Week for the Team Regionals.  The Spartans come into the week with the 25th biggest school in the state.  A staggering 2105 students to choose from.  This will be a tough task as the three other sectional opponents Whitcko, Bellmont, and Yorktown since there total enrollment is at 2128.  What will the Yorktown do to compete with the almost insurmountable size of Homestead?  Will Whitcko be able to muster up enough wrestlers to make this close?  Will the braves just hand there title over with out a fight?  These are just some of the many questions being asked for Wendsday nights unfair classless team regional.  

The other teams that won sectionals from the Fort Wayne Semi State are feeling the same problems.  Jimtown, Eastern, and Peru hung thier shoes up this weekend.  Jimtown(636), Eastern(446), and Peru (727) gave it thier best efforts but are given up the good fight since there schools just don't enroll enough kids to field a solid team.  

What will fix the Problem Y2J classed state with the 2 classes being:  Ben Davis to Tri West-Hendricks for the first class

And Garrett to Indiana School for the Deaf being the second division.

This is Y2J's purposed plan to even the playing field.  I hope we look at the facts which I have presented and say adios to the idea of class wrestling.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who can compete with the mighty Homestead Spartans this Week for the Team Regionals.  The Spartans come into the week with the 25th biggest school in the state.  A staggering 2105 students to choose from.  This will be a tough task as the three other sectional opponents Whitcko, Bellmont, and Yorktown since there total enrollment is at 2128.  What will the Yorktown do to compete with the almost insurmountable size of Homestead?  Will Whitcko be able to muster up enough wrestlers to make this close?  Will the braves just hand there title over with out a fight?  These are just some of the many questions being asked for Wendsday nights unfair classless team regional.  

The other teams that won sectionals from the Fort Wayne Semi State are feeling the same problems.  Jimtown, Eastern, and Peru hung thier shoes up this weekend.  Jimtown(636), Eastern(446), and Peru (727) gave it thier best efforts but are given up the good fight since there schools just don't enroll enough kids to field a solid team.  

What will fix the Problem Y2J classed state with the 2 classes being:  Ben Davis to Tri West-Hendricks for the first class

And Garrett to [glow=red,2,300]Indiana School for the Death[/glow] being the second division.

This is Y2J's purposed plan to even the playing field.  I hope we look at the facts which I have presented and say adios to the idea of class wrestling.

How many kids go to this school? I'm hoping not too many.

My sample size is 25 percent of the state.  I used the Fort Wayne Semi state where 7 of 8 teams are under 1000 enrollment.  I made a mistake it was school for the deaf its been a long day and 109 is there enrollment totals.  Just stating the facts no vendetta.  Just trying to spark some good conversation.

Huntington North 1938

Peru 727

Maconaquah 657

Southwood 408

Northfield 363

North Miami 344

Wabash 427

Manchester 453

whites?

I guess I miss your point on this one?  Ttwo biggest schools take 1st and 2nd. Small upset? Peru has won several sectionals in a row.

I guess that wasn't a very good dare.  It's not that anyone thinks the facts are off; It's the fact that Y2 has so many more of them to back up his arguments.  Just to make this clear I am not a proponent of class wrestling, I'm just saying if you are going to argue with him you better have enough facts to match his.

Elkhart Memorial 1859

Goshen 1703

NorthWood 880

Fairfield 582

Jimtown 636

Concord 1425

Elkhart Central 1840

Northridge 1244

This one is a little bit more surprising just becasue EM has had a strangle hold on this sectional.  But jimtown has always had strong program.  i dont think anyone is saying these teams can't win a sectional.  But would you like to place a wager with me on how many small schools will get to state?

And Garrett to Indiana School for the Deaf being the second division.

yea the info is so overwhelming, this class wrestling topic is as always one sided that it is not good for the kids to go multi class. Just the coaches .

Wow, one year in which small schools "dominate' the fort wayne semi-state and you want to call off all notions of class wrestling?  When these 2A schools routinely make it to the final eight, come talk to me.  When these 2A schools knock off the likes of Mishawaka, Perry Meridian, Merrillville, Crown Point,etc, come talk to me.  

I know from my own experience why Whitko(without a C) and Garrett are doing better than Carroll and Dwenger.  

First of all please take a look as an objective observer look at this honestly. Not with a bias. These teams are the ones that are left, and their match ups.   we have 319 wrestling  schools in the state of Indiana.  160 of those schools have an enrollment of 700 or less. Thats 1 more htan half.. I will do an over and under with you on how many of these schools under 700 students will go to state as a team.  Take that bet?  

Eastern (Greentown) 446

Logansport 1293

Harrison (West Lafayette) 1677

Peru 727

Jasper 1063

Castle 1831

Evansville Mater Dei 561

Jeffersonville 2099

New Castle Chrysler 1231

South Dearborn 977

Jennings County 1614

Roncalli 1139

Homestead 2105

Whitko 582

Bellmont 838

Yorktown 708

Franklin Community 1481

Bloomington South 1733

Avon 2438

Perry Meridian 2141

Indianapolis Cathedral 1292

Noblesville 2344

Fountain Central 419

Hamilton Southeastern 2228

Munster 1663

Portage 2618

Crown Point 2426

Merrillville 2241

Prairie Heights 519

Jimtown 636

Wawasee 1072

Mishawaka 1641

Who can compete with the mighty Homestead Spartans this Week for the Team Regionals.  The Spartans come into the week with the 25th biggest school in the state.  A staggering 2105 students to choose from.  This will be a tough task as the three other sectional opponents Whitcko, Bellmont, and Yorktown since there total enrollment is at 2128.  What will the Yorktown do to compete with the almost insurmountable size of Homestead?  Will Whitcko be able to muster up enough wrestlers to make this close?  Will the braves just hand there title over with out a fight?

I understand your point but it sounds like you're ranking on Homestead.  The kids did a great job winning their 1st sectional title in 12 years.  they shouldn't have to read this crap on the message board.

I was not trying to come down on homestead at all they have a quality program and I can see the seccess thHis ey're starting to build, my point is size isn't the biggest factor.  Also I think people should know that schools under 1000 students make it to state all the time.  Matre Dei is in the 600 Yorktown is in the and Bellmont are under 1000.  Also Whitcko has its  2nd straight sectional crowns and are a  2 a school.  The team Y2 helps out with is a 2 A school and were only 8 points away from Whitcko.  That team he helps out with is a quality squad and has had a lot of success they beat the second best team in the NHC, won the ACAC, beat the best team in the SAC, beat the third best team in the NECC, and came just 8 points behind the best team in the NLC(or whitckos conference).  There a 2 A school that should show that anyone can be competitive.

First of all please take a look as an objective observer look at this honestly. Not with a bias. These teams are the ones that are left, and their match ups.   we have 319 wrestling  schools in the state of Indiana.  160 of those schools have an enrollment of 700 or less. Thats 1 more htan half.. I will do an over and under with you on how many of these schools under 700 students will go to state as a team.  Take that bet?  

Eastern (Greentown) 446

Logansport 1293

Harrison (West Lafayette) 1677

Peru 727

Jasper 1063

Castle 1831

Evansville Mater Dei 561

Jeffersonville 2099

New Castle Chrysler 1231

South Dearborn 977

Jennings County 1614

Roncalli 1139

Homestead 2105

Whitko 582

Bellmont 838

Yorktown 708

Franklin Community 1481

Bloomington South 1733

Avon 2438

Perry Meridian 2141

Indianapolis Cathedral 1292

Noblesville 2344

Fountain Central 419

Hamilton Southeastern 2228

Munster 1663

Portage 2618

Crown Point 2426

Merrillville 2241

Prairie Heights 519

Jimtown 636

Wawasee 1072

Mishawaka 1641

Schools with under 700 we'll see at state?  I think Vegas would set the line with this field at 0.5.

Elkhart Memorial 1859

Goshen 1703

NorthWood 880

Fairfield 582

Jimtown 636

Concord 1425

Elkhart Central 1840

Northridge 1244

This one is a little bit more surprising just becasue EM has had a strangle hold on this sectional.  But jimtown has always had strong program.  i dont think anyone is saying these teams can't win a sectional.  But would you like to place a wager with me on how many small schools will get to state?

EM has been dominant in this sectional for the past several years.  Prior to 2001 there was a stretch where Jimtown dominated this sectional and made it to Team SS several times.  However, that seems to be their ceiling.  Jimtown could never beat Penn or Mishawaka to make it to Center Grove. 

For all you class wrestling fans I have some questions. 

1.  Why can bigger schools in the Fort Wayne Semi State never beat Bellmont? 

2.  Why does Matre Dei have 5 state titles in the past 10 years?

3.  How does classing the state fix a bad schools wrestling program?  all it does is make a seperate group of elete teams look at other states.  The same teams always win in ohio.

4.  Why woldn't Matre Dei wrestle in the small division?  This is a school that takes forfeits on jv to secure a national record for consecutive jv wins.  They would win the small division 98 % of the time.

5.  If the state switches over it has been said we will have to use one of the formats already in place, so either a 4 or 5 class system.  Winning the small class state would be less competition then most tournements in indiana.

6.  How does making a weaker tournement help individuals from small schools that are elete wrestlers find good competition?  Some of these schools like turkey run a few years back have great individuals, but can not wrestle good competition all season because there schools are not asked into good tournements.  The state tournement is all they have to push these wrestlers to excel.

7.  If the current system is broken why are we having more success at the college level then ever before?

those are just a few of my concerns with class wrestling

For all you class wrestling fans I have some questions. 

1.  Why can bigger schools in the Fort Wayne Semi State never beat Bellmont? 

2.  Why does Matre Dei have 5 state titles in the past 10 years?

3.  How does classing the state fix a bad schools wrestling program?  all it does is make a seperate group of elete teams look at other states.  The same teams always win in ohio.

4.  Why woldn't Matre Dei wrestle in the small division?  This is a school that takes forfeits on jv to secure a national record for consecutive jv wins.  They would win the small division 98 % of the time.

5.  If the state switches over it has been said we will have to use one of the formats already in place, so either a 4 or 5 class system.  Winning the small class state would be less competition then most tournements in indiana.

6.  How does making a weaker tournement help individuals from small schools that are elete wrestlers find good competition?  Some of these schools like turkey run a few years back have great individuals, but can not wrestle good competition all season because there schools are not asked into good tournements.  The state tournement is all they have to push these wrestlers to excel.

7.  If the current system is broken why are we having more success at the college level then ever before?

those are just a few of my concerns with class wrestling

I am a class wrestling fan, and here are my answers:

1. Not sure, don't have enough info.

2. Mater Dei is a private school and thus is not an example at all

3. Classing allows schools of similar size and circumstance to compete against one another.  I also feel like the private schools should either have their own class or have a multiplier of some sort.  The private schools would not even be competing against schools of their exact numbers size if I had my way.

4. See 2 and 3

5. That's not a question

6. You say weaker, I say fairer. 

7. What evidence do you have to back this up?  You can't make a statement like this without support.  And I want stuff now compared to stuff from however long ago you want to compare.  Just stating how good things are now is not support.

You know the good thing about our wrestling system is if you are a Great wrestler you are going to advance in all your respective  weight classes. That is why our system is the right way to go to a real State title.  Only the real BEST survive!!!!!!If you want to see a total  breakdown of the system just look at how Ohio  and their class system!! Indiana is the best system.. Just ask the wrestlers that are the Champions.. These young MEN worked their butts off to get where they are. NO ENTITLEMENT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know the good thing about our wrestling system is if you are a Great wrestler you are going to advance in all your respective  weight classes. That is why our system is the right way to go to a real State title.  Only the real BEST survive!!!!!!If you want to see a total  breakdown of the system just look at how Ohio  and their class system!! Indiana is the best system.. Just ask the wrestlers that are the Champions.. These young MEN worked their butts off to get where they are. NO ENTITLEMENT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And kids in Ohio don't have to work hard for their championships?  Are you saying that when Jimtown wins a 2A state title in football that they don't work hard?  That is a pretty bold statement. 

Its funny that Ohio's system is so broken, yet they are heads and shoulders above us in wrestling.

I am very good friends with the Bronson MI team. they are a very good team and a very small school they can fill every weight class because they have competed very well in the state team tournament. The kids are excited to get there. the small school kids in indiana know there is not a very good chance of getting to the team state tournament there for its harder to get the kids out for wrestling.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.