"Duck" Stevenson, Atwood, Sliga, Johnson-Jones, and Thatcher "Worth"

duck_and_run

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im by no means talking bad about duck, hes a great wrestler and an absolutely great athlete but i think if they wrestled right(if they both had wrestled 89 this year) now atwood would come out  on top. atwood is one of the most dedicated wrestlers ive ever seen. i talked to him at disney duals in florida and he really impressed me with his attitude toward wrestling (going to boiler elite prac and wrestling/training all summer)

Duckworth has risen to the status of being nationally ranked by facing, and in most cases beating, very strong competition. He's wrestled at "manly" weight classes his entire HS career, sought out Howe as a sophomore when everyone else avoided the weight like the plague, overcame injury to avenge his loss to Grimes last year (beating Atwood in the process). He's faced a level of competition nationally as tough as anyone in the state right now. In short, he seeks and has always sought the very best competition.

We used to commend wrestlers who wrestled up in weight in the regular season to face the very best competition. I understand how and why some people think Atwood would beat Duckworth this year, but that's a completely different argument than saying Duckworth is afraid of him.

Bash you r a CLOWN  im not trying to hide behind any screen name I will stand by any comment i make and if people dont like it thats fine, its part of being AMERICAN freedom of speach.

so heres some info 4 u

Full Name: Anthony Joseph Marquez

Height: 5'7''

Weight: 185

Description: A Lean & Green Killin Machine

Favorite Movie: Friday Night Lights

Favorite Food: Chicago Style Pizza

Favorite Color: MARINE CORPS GREEN

anything else u would like to know just ask my man

I am not asking you to provide your information nor was I incinuating that you were not a man...I was mocking the fact that you were defining "being a man" as stating one's opinion on a message board where their identity is hidden by a screen name.  

On an unrelated note... thank you for your service.  My dad was/is a marine and I have high respect for all men of service.  

For everyone out there, I have had the pleasure to know Braden Atwood since he was about 8 years old.  The kid just has a desire to bust his ass day in and day out, he doesnt care who he has to wrestle or what he is ranked, he leaves it all on the mat.  I personally believe that he would beat Duckworth right now just based on the improvement from last year and the work he has put in, but then again i have not seen Duckworth wrestle this year.  They are both great and accomplished wrestlers from the state of indiana, i would love to see them wrestle under the lights this year, but we all know that wont happen.  Best of luck to both wrestlers in their run to a state title.  I know Braden will not be satisfied until he is on top of that podium this year.  Go Get em Kid!!!

Bash you r a CLOWN  im not trying to hide behind any screen name I will stand by any comment i make and if people dont like it thats fine, its part of being AMERICAN freedom of speach.

so heres some info 4 u

Full Name: Anthony Joseph Marquez

Height: 5'7''

Weight: 185

Description: A Lean & Green Killin Machine

Favorite Movie: Friday Night Lights

Favorite Food: Chicago Style Pizza

Favorite Color: MARINE CORPS GREEN

anything else u would like to know just ask my man

Favorite movie Friday Night Lights are you serious, what about Vision Quest best movie ever!! ;)  How is the weather in my home state? Thats all I can think of. ;D

The only question I have is how did Thatcher, Jones and Sliga get in this conversation none of the above would beat Duck?

and to think if wrestling was classed, Duck and Atwood would be wrestling for the prestigious small school championship.smiley-taunt014.gif

Small school titles like Logan and Hunter Stieber and Chris Phillips have in Ohio.  They probably throw their medals away in shame due to the lack of prestige.

How about Ditka versus the team of Duckwood, Atwood, Sliga, Stevenson, Thatcher and Johnson-Jones?

Gotta go with Ditka in a first period fall.

Mike-Ditka.jpg

Atwood beats up Ditka in the first, Stevenson rides tough in the second with some nearfall, and Duck finishes by wipeing the mat with Ditka's 1980's hair cut. should be fun to watch though

I was told  from Ducks Dad via a Dixie cup and some string that Duck was so freaked out by 189 that he was 2 good poops away  from  Phillips having to go 112.

I nominate this for post of the century.  Wahoo for you, sir, wahoo.

This thread is absurd.. None of these wrestlers mentioned have gotten to where they are today by ducking anyone.  You do not get this good without years of hard work and dedication.  Wrestlers of this caliber thrive on wrestling the best competition they possibly can.  These  young men are some of Indianas best and should only be receiving our praises

This thread is absurd.. None of these wrestlers mentioned have gotten to where they are today by ducking anyone.  You do not get this good without years of hard work and dedication.  Wrestlers of this caliber thrive on wrestling the best competition they possibly can.  These  young men are some of Indianas best and should only be receiving our praises

One post criticizing, 63 posts refuting the criticism.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.