Cadets and Juniors - Team Indiana Trip to Folkstyle Nationals -Cedar Falls, Iowa

PROPOWER

The ISWA will be taking a bus for Cadets and Juniors that would like to participate in the USA Wrestling Folkstyle Nationals March 31st thru April 2nd in Cedar Falls, Iowa.  Please contact Chris Lynch if you would like additional information and sign up forms either sent via mail or e-mail.  I can be contacted by e-mail at chris@proindustries.com or by phone at 317-695-1106.  This is the 3rd year we have taken a group out to Cedar Falls and it is a great tournament.  Additional information is below.

TEAM INDIANA      

CADET/JUNIOR

FOLKSTYLE NATIONALS TRIP

March 31st ? April 2nd

UNIVERSITY OF NORTHERN IOWA, UNI-DOME, CEDAR FALLS, IA

CADETS AND JUNIORS ONLY

CONTACT

TEAM LEADER ? Alonzo Shepherd

Phone: 812-987-6041 -- E-mail: grappler119us@yahoo.com

or

FOLKSTYLE DIRECTOR ? Chris Lynch

Phone: 317-695-1106 -- E-mail: chris@proindustries.com

TRIP OBJECTIVE

This trip is being offered as an opportunity for Indiana Cadet and Junior age division wrestlers to experience more competition at the national level.

This trip is on a FIRST COME - FIRST SERVE BASIS. A wrestler need only participate in the ISWA Folkstyle State Finals in Huntington, Indiana, March 12-13, 2010.  

By participating in this event (and submitting the attached paperwork and trip fee),

you are qualified to be on this trip.

AGES

Cadet and Junior age division wrestlers only

DATES & TRANSPORTATION

Bus will depart Indianapolis at 4:00 pm on Wednesday, March 31st. The team will arrive back in Indianapolis late on Friday, April 2nd.  The bus will depart from the parking lot at Beech Grove High School, 5330 S. Emerson Avenue, Beech Grove, IN.

Wrestlers will be supervised at all times by our Team Indiana coaching staff.

COST - $315.00

Cost includes: T-shirt, Shorts, Singlet, Transportation and Lodging

The cost of food and entry fee are not included in the price of the trip.

WRESTLERS

There will be approximately 32 wrestlers accepted for this trip.

Deadline to register for the trip is Friday, March 19th

To secure a spot on this team fill out the acceptance form and entry form, attached

to this flyer, and send to the team leader.

TEAM INDIANA

USA WRESTLING CADET/JUNIOR FOLKSTYLE NATIONAL?S TRIP

CEDAR FALLS, IOWA

March 31 - April 2

ACCEPTANCE FORM

1. Fill out the attached paperwork.

2. Send it along with a $315.00 trip fee to: Alonzo Shepherd, Team Leader

3102 Gardner Blvd., Jeffersonville, IN 47130

Deadline to apply is March 19, 2010

3. In addition to the trip fee, all wrestlers MUST register ONLINE (Credit Card only) at TrackWrestling.com. Deadline to register is 11:59 PM (Central Time), Tuesday, March 30th. Entry fee for participants registering online is $35. The OFFICIAL WAIVER & REGISTRATION FORMS will be completed electronically when registering online.

4. Athletes MUST present proof of current USA Wrestling Membership Card (actual card or photo copy) at registration and weigh-ins.

Cadet & Junior Competition Schedule

Thursday, April 1

Junior & Cadet Registration and Weigh-ins (McLeod Center) 7:00 AM ? 8:00 AM

Junior & Cadet Session I 11:00 AM ? 4:00 PM

Junior & Cadet Session II 5:00 PM ? 9:30 PM

Friday, April 2

Junior & Cadet Session III 8:30 AM ? 1:30 PM

Please enroll me as a team member for the Folkstyle Nationals trip to Cedar Falls, Iowa.   _______________________________________________________________________

NAME______________________________________________________________

ADDRESS___________________________________________________________

CITY________________________________________ ZIP CODE_____________

PHONE_______________________ E-MAIL _____________________________

AGE DIVISION _____________________ WEIGHT CLASS_________________

TOTAL COST = $315.00 -- DUE BY FRIDAY, MARCH 19th

Make checks payable to the I.S.W.A.  

Payment by Credit Card is also available --- (See attached sheet)

We still have spots open.  Please contact Chris Lynch at chris@proindustries.com or 317-695-1106 if you would like the information sent to you.  I will be at the Evansville Semi-State if you would like to turn you forms over to me in person. 

• 2 weeks later...

I will post an updated line up on Monday.  At this time we still have around 10 spots open.  I will be at kids state this weekend at Ben Davis and SB,C, JR state in Huntington next weekend.  I will have Forms there with me.  Please contact me at 317-695-1106 if you have any questions or would like us to hold you a spot on the team.  Just a reminder you must wrestle at the ISWA Folkstyle State Finals in Huntington to be qualified for this trip. 

Below is the list of Wrestlers that plan to go on the Team Indiana trip to Folkstyle Nationals.  If you have sent paper work in and are not on this list please contact me ASAP!

Bradley, Isaiah

Carmichael, Nathan

Collett, Mark

Corsaro, Vinny

Dau, Derek

Emily, George

Everett, Jacob

Gipson, Montana

Hammel, Jordan

Harvey, Christian

Herron, Chase

Howard, Tanner

Judy, Jordan

Kelly, Gage

Kriech, Luke

Manning, Nick

Marler, Tre

McClurg, Riley

Meenach, Brady

Moody, Trevor

Moss, Levi

Schoettle, Anthony

Schroeder, Luke

Shepherd, Alonzo

Schremp, Jordan

Sliga, Mitch

Sonaty, Casey

Taylor, Tre

Vazquez, Michael

Wathen, Brock

Williams, Trevor

Whitten, CJ

At this point we only have room for 3 more wrestlers.  I am working on getting more rooms.  I will post udates as I get more information.

Good group of wrestlers....

We will have a meeting with all wrestlers that are going to Folkstyle Nationals as part of Team Indiana  at Huntington High School Saturday morning 8:15 am on Mat #1.  Tournament start time has been pushed back to 9:00 am to allow more time for paring with weigh-ins ending at 7:30 am.    We need all wrestlers to bring their USAW Card and anyother paper work that has not been turned in yet.  We will have an introduction of coaches at that time.

We will have a meeting with all wrestlers that are going to Folkstyle Nationals as part of Team Indiana  at Huntington High School Saturday morning 8:15 am on Mat #1.  Tournament start time has been pushed back to 9:00 am to allow more time for paring with weigh-ins ending at 7:30 am.    We need all wrestlers to bring their USAW Card and anyother paper work that has not been turned in yet.  We will have an introduction of coaches at that time.

Hey Coach do you have a spot for cadet215, I would like Andre to go this year please let me know asap

At this time the trip is full. We have a waiting list started - if you would like to be placed on waiting list pleae e-mail me at chris@proindustries.com. I am out of the country till March 22 and can not be reached by phone.

First you need to host the picture online somewhere, such as photobucket or tinypic or a multitude of other picture hosting places.

Secondly copy the link to the picture when you host it, the direct link is usually the best.  You can highlight the link and press ctrl+c to copy it.

Thirdly paste it into the post, select the picture button above the post, it is the third from the left in the second row of icons.  Then press ctrl+v to paste the link.

And there it is.

A few things from Alonzo Shepherd - Trip Team Leader

Indiana Folkstyle Nationals Team

Team Members, if you have not already done so, make sure the following has been turned in to your team leader:

1. Acceptance form

2. Trip fee

3. Tournament entry for

Make sure you remember the following when leaving for Cedar Falls, Iowa:

1. Wrestling shoes

2. Headgear

3. Any other optional gear (such as knee pads, mouthpiece, etc?)

4. Shorts and shirts

5. USA Card (must have)

6. Food/Spending money

7. Toiletries (deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, razor, etc?)

8. Pillow/blanket for bus ride (if wanted - it will be a long trip)

Itinerary:

The bus will depart Indianapolis at 4:00 pm on Wednesday, March 31st. The bus will leave the parking lot at Beech Grove High School, 5330 S. Emerson Avenue, Beech Grove, IN. The Team will arrive back in Indianapolis late on Friday, April 2nd.

Cadet & Junior Competition Schedule

Thursday, April 1st

Junior & Cadet registration and weigh-ins (McLeod Center)  7:00 ? 8:00 am

Junior & Cadet session I 11:00am ? 4:00pm

Junior & Cadet session II 5:00pm ? 9:30pm

Friday, April 2nd

Junior & Cadet session III 8:30am ? 1:30pm

Contact Information:

Alonzo Shepherd ? 812-987-6041

Chris Lynch ? 317-695-1106

Danny Struck ? 812-786-2308

Chris Cooper ? 812-344-9817

Wade McClurg ? 317-501-8306

Brandon Sisson ? 502-939-4308

Matt Krulik ? 317-412-6288

Hotel Information:

Comfort Suites

7402 Nordic Drive

Cedar Falls, IA 50613

319-273-9999

Updated list of wreslters going with as part of Team Indiana on the bus. 

Baker, Branden

Binion, Layton

Bradley, Isaiah

Brandt, Cole

Bowers, Alex

Brown, Brandon

Carmichael, Nathan

Collett, Mark

Corsaro, Vinny

Dau, Derek

Emily, George

English, Kyle

Everett, Jacob

Forte, Tommy

Hammel, Jordan

Harvey, Christian

Heald, Kalob

Herron, Chase

Judy, Jordan

Kelly, Gage

Konrath, Andrew

Kriech, Luke

Manning, Nick

Marler, Tre

McClurg, Riley

Meenach, Brady

Moody, Trevor

Moss, Levi

Schoettle, Anthony

Shepherd, Alonzo

Schroeder, Luke

Sliga, Mitch

Sonaty, Casey

Taylor, Tre

Thomas, Michael

Thomas, Zach

Vazquez, Michael

Youngs, Max

Wathen, Brock

Whitten, CJ

Wilson, Preston

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.