Merrillville/Ft. Wayne semi states 135

ontherise219

So...you are saying that Norton was stalling?  They will more then likely meet again at the Coliseum in a couple of weeks and then Faroute will get another shot.  All I can say from an observers perspective is that it was a 6 minute match...Faroute had that whole time to score 2 points and couldn't...stop blaiming officials for matches when no points were scored.  A match like that is going to leave one side angry and the other happy, its just the nature of the sport.  I can't say that I agree with all calls that officials make, but it is a very thankless position and they do the best they can out there to call a match and not be a determing factor in the outcome.  You wanted the official to decide that match?  Then instead of the Bellmont fans being upset the Carroll fans would be upset...it is really a no win situation for the official. 

So...you are saying that Norton was stalling?   They will more then likely meet again at the Coliseum in a couple of weeks and then Faroute will get another shot.  All I can say from an observers perspective is that it was a 6 minute match...Faroute had that whole time to score 2 points and couldn't...stop blaiming officials for matches when no points were scored.  A match like that is going to leave one side angry and the other happy, its just the nature of the sport.  I can't say that I agree with all calls that officials make, but it is a very thankless position and they do the best they can out there to call a match and not be a determing factor in the outcome.  You wanted the official to decide that match?  Then instead of the Bellmont fans being upset the Carroll fans would be upset...it is really a no win situation for the official. 

I don't think he was talking about this specific match... I believe he was referring to "officials" in general who may let stale action proceed too long.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.