Merrillville Semi-State Breakdown by Regional

RankingsGuy

coltfan64 is you were a region guy you would know that the three so called powerhouses werent all powerhouses until recently. for exaple crown point never had a state champion until guess when? umm... Last year! So, so much for them being a producer of state champions. also they havent had a runner until since fatman hawkins in 89! As for merrillville maldenado has only been there since 04 and prior to that they didnt have much there. If you really look at the number of state champs you will see it is pretty much even amongst the region schools with a slight edge to portage. im sure rankingsguy can clear that up but my memory says ec 4, hobart 5 or 6, mville 4 or 5, mish, 5 or 6, portage 6 or 7, lc 4 or 5, griffith 10 and guess what cp 3. Now im not downing cp because they will end with maybe more than anybody just saying last year was the first time with a champion.

roach and shrewsbury were both runners-up two years ago.

coltfan64 is you were a region guy you would know that the three so called powerhouses werent all powerhouses until recently. for exaple crown point never had a state champion until guess when? umm... Last year! So, so much for them being a producer of state champions. also they havent had a runner until since fatman hawkins in 89! As for merrillville maldenado has only been there since 04 and prior to that they didnt have much there. If you really look at the number of state champs you will see it is pretty much even amongst the region schools with a slight edge to portage. im sure rankingsguy can clear that up but my memory says ec 4, hobart 5 or 6, mville 4 or 5, mish, 5 or 6, portage 6 or 7, lc 4 or 5, griffith 10 and guess what cp 3. Now im not downing cp because they will end with maybe more than anybody just saying last year was the first time with a champion.

Munster has 2 with Mcgill and I think he wrestled other region guys for the title both times. Doesn't Calumet have at least 3 titles and Valpo has to have some. I know Churchard wrestled Roach all the way to state to get his.

If you take 3 top teams out of any semi-state, it would make it quite a bit weaker?? What kind of argument is that??

Exactly what I was thinking.  Everyone is trying--quite well, I might add--to show how good the region still is without its current top teams, but you don't even have to do that.  Take away any area's top teams and the quality is going to go down significantly.  I will say this, though:  Take away the current top 3 in the region (Merr., CP, Port.) and I think what you have left would dominate any other area with its top 3 taken away.  This just shows that ColtFan's argument is completely ridiculous.  (By the way, I doubt he's really from the region if he's a Colts fan . . . hahaha!!) 

Thats laughable Merlyn.  You take away the top 3 teams in Merriville they are then much worse then any other semi state.  We do not have to do that though because they are part of the semi state.  Mishawaka you are part of the region no matter what you try and say.  Good luck to all the wrestlers from the region.  FYI you are weak at 135.

Thats laughable Merlyn.  You take away the top 3 teams in Merriville they are then much worse then any other semi state.  We do not have to do that though because they are part of the semi state.  Mishawaka you are part of the region no matter what you try and say.  Good luck to all the wrestlers from the region.  FYI you are weak at 135.

Comprehension is a part of reading. He said that if you take the top 3 from merr and compare the remaining SS to any other SS MINUS its top 3 Merr would be stronger.

You obviously cannot read.  What I said was the region would stack up against any other area whose top 3 teams were also taken away, not that the region is better with its top 3 teams taken away than any other area at full strength.  Also, the whole Mishawaka thing has been debated before and you are just wrong.  Mishawaka has nothing in common with any place in the region.  Please don't challenge me on this anyone because this has been debated over and over and I don't want to do get back into it, and I don't think anyone else wants to read about it either. 

Thats laughable Merlyn.  You take away the top 3 teams in Merriville they are then much worse then any other semi state.  We do not have to do that though because they are part of the semi state.  Mishawaka you are part of the region no matter what you try and say.  Good luck to all the wrestlers from the region.  FYI you are weak at 135.

For the sake of your argument I removed the State Champs from those 3 schools and discovered the remaining Merr SS schools produced 14 Stae Champs over the last 4 years. There are 56 total titles available during this time period however those won by memebers of the three aforementioned schools are not considered so the Merr SS won14/42 remaining titles or 33%.  You may need to remove some more schools to get down to 25% and place Merriville equal with the others

Karl Hungus your personal attacks are a bunch of bs if people attacked you they would be kicked off of here.  I get silenced on everything.  I want to know what FULLDUCK was talking about yesterday when he was talking about how the website was started.  If they delete this post everyone should know that something fishy was going on.  Ask whoever FULLDUCK is for more information on possible criminal charges.

Relax tough guy!  Anyone who attempts to decipher what you try to type on this message board would come to the same conclusion. You obviously did not read or failed to comprehend the previous post before you opened your pie hole on here and promptly stuck your sausage toes along with the rest of your foot in your mouth.  You sure get your panties in a bunch over a message board.  I have and will continue to have personal attacks thrown my way but I will never take the liberal way out and threaten you with criminal charges. 

no, mishawaka is not part of the region.  not that i wouldn't mind claiming them, just stating the facts.

Be careful out there Karl! It could get dangerous.

The key is currently. As an old person I seem to recall Muncie South, Delta, Belmont being the kings. Then MD, so things seem to revolve with time. Bloomington was king when I started. Hey AE do you have any thoughts?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.