Cathedral @ Perry Meridian - Wednesday, January 13th

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forget...who did the Irish lose to?

Who did Perry loss to last year ya the state champs, by how many points ya two matches. Not bad for being over rated!!

I was asking who did the Irish lose to this year. It would help me make a more educated guess on the upcoming match.

Cathedral                              Perry Meridian

103: #6 Mike Venezia vs #16 Nick Bova  Cath 4 Perry 0

112: #8 Brian Harvey vs #6 Jared McKinley Cath 4 Perry 3

119: John Hummel (city champ at 112) vs Michael Clem Cath 4 Perry 9

125: Alex Collignon vs Jason Simmons Cath 4 Perry 12

130: John Stringfield vs Joey Klinesmith Cath 8 Perry 12

135: Sam Oskins vs Kenny Harris Cath 8 Perry 15

140: Gino Gillum vs #14 Kirk Johnson Cath 8 Perry 18

145: Max Hamm vs #10 Derek Harz Cath 8 Perry 22

152: Austin Niebarger vs #3 Jacob Tonte Cath 8 Perry 25

160: #2 Tyler Willis vs Nick Witten Cath 14 Perry 25

171: Casey Devlin vs CJ Martin Cath 14 Perry 28

189: Steven Hackle vs Andre Richards Cath 14 Perry 32

215: #5 Jake Buchanan vs #15 Logan Cooper Cath 20 Perry 32

285: Wesley Stokes vs Devin Schaefer Cath 20 Perry 38

Final Cathedral 20 Perry 38

This is how I see it.  i just cant see cathedral beating perry after seeing Cathedral at North Central

Cathedral                               Perry Meridian

This is how I see it.  i just cant see cathedral beating perry after seeing Cathedral at North Central

I agree with this all the way, cathedral has a few real tough spots, but not enough depth to contend with perry..id say perry beats them by twenty or so

Cathedral                               Perry Meridian

Looks about right.

I believe the 215 match will turn people into" Coop believers", if the ranked  Cathedral wrestler makes 215. Will anyone be provideing updated stats as this dual is taking place, aka Zac!!  I heard there will be alot of exciting things going on tomorrow night, should very well be worth the price of admission. Possible your 152 and 160 state finalist. ;D Good luck to all looking foward to it.

Tonte should bump up to take on Willis at 160 since everyone thinks that Perry will dominate. 

Thornton, Jim, and Matt,

Let's play a little roulette. Bump Jacob up to wrestle Willis and let's simplify this dual to a 2-2-2. The senior coach's son against an underclassman in his home gymnasium. Seems like a no-brainer. If Tonte wins, Perry wins. If Willis wins, Cathedral wins. 

Hmmm. Decisions.

Thornton, Jim, and Matt,

Let's play a little roulette. Bump Jacob up to wrestle Willis and let's simplify this dual to a 2-2-2. The senior coach's son against an underclassman in his home gymnasium. Seems like a no-brainer. If Tonte wins, Perry wins. If Willis wins, Cathedral wins. 

Hmmm. Decisions.

This would be a great match up but Cathedral 152lber is a stud on his own, that might not be the best decision for the Team would be great for the fans!!

The Cathedral supporters don't think Perry will dominate, nor does anyone with an unbiased viewpoint. How about this...since Cathedral is the obvious favorite to easily win this dual, why doesn't Willis cut to 152 (now 154) to wrestle Tonte?

In regards to setting the line ups...the coin flip at the beginning determines who has choice in what matches (that choice alternates). The team with choice in a particular match must report to the table first. This is where some strategy comes in to play. Once that wrestler reports, the other team may send out their scheduled wrestler or alter their line up to try and gain some advantage.

In regards to setting the line ups...the coin flip at the beginning determines who has choice in what matches (that choice alternates). The team with choice in a particular match must report to the table first. This is where some strategy comes in to play. Once that wrestler reports, the other team may send out their scheduled wrestler or alter their line up to try and gain some advantage.

Dang.  that throws all my scenarios out the window.  Guess I'll just need to take more time out of my work day and red0 them ;)

The Cathedral supporters don't think Perry will dominate, nor does anyone with an unbiased viewpoint. How about this...since Cathedral is the obvious favorite to easily win this dual, why doesn't Willis cut to 152 (now 154) to wrestle Tonte?

#5 vs #17 - Cathedral the the obvious favorite, huh?  

I wish Tyler could get down for it. I think we both knows he cuts to get to 162. Starting defensive back for the Irish listed at 180lbs.

http://www.cathedral-irish.org/page.cfm?p=208&teamID=13&display=Roster

On paper, Perry Meridian should be the favorite. But we all know they don't wrestle on paper. Perry was the favorite 2 years ago and Cathedral won that match. So I think we can throw rankings out the window with this one. Bonus points for each team's studs (or avoiding them when overmatched) and winning the swing matches will determine this match. The 2 programs are 2 of the finest in the state and whether or not either will admit it, they both respect each other as it would be foolish for either to overlook the other. As for Tonte vs Willis...don't hold your breath. As was stated here Willis is cutting from 180 to wrestle at 160. Tonte is not cutting this year. He is wrestling his natural weight, so to bump up from 152 to wrestle a very skilled, athletic opponent who natually weighs 180 is a decided advantage to Cathedral. It also would eliminate the advantage Perry already has at 152 over the very talented freshman, Niebarger. Expect this to be another close, hotly contested dual meet.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.