Portage vs CP

Joker

Sounds like a good dual CP 35 portage 26. Anyone have any details of the individual matches?  Here are the scores from the resuks page.

CP vs Portage    

Hwy  Devyak  Por pin Swope   0-6,  

103  Saroff CP  pin Torres   6-6,  

112  Coppinger Por dec Harvey  10-4 6-9;  

119  Hawkins  cP dec Torres  5-3  9-9;

125  Blackwell  Por  dec Dusty Scvhurg  5-4  9-12;  

130  Dallas Schurg  CP  Tech Fall Martinez 15-0    14-12;  

135  Tsirtsis  CP  win fft   20-12;    

140   Acuna  Por  dec Flamme 5-3 OT   20-15/2014, Por Ass't coach cost penalty point,  

145  Roach  CP   wins by inj Def   vs Torres   26-14;  

152  Renn CP  dec Keil  6-2  29-14;

160   McMurray  Por  win by fft    29-20;  

171  Cope CP dec Wright  5-0   32-20;  

189  Kral  CP dec King  5-4   35-20;  

215    Fisher  Por  pin Hannon

Final score CP  35 Por  26  

man hawk has been having some tight one 5-3 with torres and padilla

Yeah, he's not looking as dominating at 119.  According to the results page, he went into overtime with a kid from Lowell.  Anyone have any comments about that match?

I'm sorry DuneFan, but "had the flu" isn't a very good excuse. As a wrestler you have to wrestle through sickness & injuries. Every champ out there can tell stories about times they wrestled sick or injured. Some wins, some losses. My son is no different. They suck it up and get after it. Don't try to cheapen a kid's victory with excuses. I didn't hear Flamme or the CP coaches making excuses. Bottom line, if your well enough to put your toe on the line you shouldn't have to make excuses! Flamme & Acuna will probably never wrestle again and if they did the outcome may be different, but Acuna wrestled a good match and it was nice win for him.

I'm sorry DuneFan, but "had the flu" isn't a very good excuse. As a wrestler you have to wrestle through sickness & injuries. Every champ out there can tell stories about times they wrestled sick or injured. Some wins, some losses. My son is no different. They suck it up and get after it. Don't try to cheapen a kid's victory with excuses. I didn't hear Flamme or the CP coaches making excuses. Bottom line, if your well enough to put your toe on the line you shouldn't have to make excuses! Flamme & Acuna will probably never wrestle again and if they did the outcome may be different, but Acuna wrestled a good match and it was nice win for him.

CP fan here but I am going to agree with you. 

MacDaddy:    Don't give me any bs about the flu not zapping your strength and stamina..Also I wouldn't have posted this little tidbit, but when Pin1Win2 posts that Portage would've won if Torres would've beat Saroff it got me teed off.

Saroff tore him up, it wasn't like it was close and could have gone either way.  Portage lost to CP, plain and simple and that is the second time this year.  Face it, Portage has improved but they aren't quite up to the upper echelon caliber yet.

DuneFan, I agree with you abot Portage. They only have a couple of kids who wrestle in the off-season and will never jump back into the elite until their wrestlers become more dedicated. As far as Saroff/Torres. The Traicoff match was close with Torres leading a close match until the end, but the re-match was all Saroff. He dominated that match from the opening whistle. I think the other person that was speaking about that match meant that Portage thought that if Torres corrected a couple mistakes he could win this time, of course that did not happen. CP won out right, no doubt. And next year probably won't be any better for Portage. they lose 145, 152, 160, 189 & 285 to graduation. It's a long road to the top!

MacDaddy:    I would never had made that post had not Pin1Win2 made his post of """""if""""" Torres had beaten

Saroff Portage would have won.  Well if Portage would have scored more points they would have won.  Saroff

completely dominated Torres .  I agree, the first time they met it was a close match. but Saroff is improving with the experience he is getting this year.  Next time they meet it might be different.  There is a lot of difference in wrestling with a slight injury and wrestling with your strength and stamina zapped from you because of the result of the flu.  Like I said I wouln't haveposted this had Pin1Win2 not made his ridiculous post.

Macdaddy:    I think you are MacMurray's father, if so I wish him all the best in his quest for a 3rd state title.

It has been a pleasure watching him these past 4 years.  He really gets out there and works his tail off to get the job done.  As you can tell by my handle I am a duneland conference fan and will be rooting for him and the rest of the duneland wrestlers that make it to state.  Also I wish him well at Michigan State.

Thanks DuneFan! I am Sean McMurray's (only 1 A) father. My wife, son and I do not hide our identity on here. I appreciate the kind remarks. Sean has a true love for the sport and we are very proud of him. We also are region fans and cheer for all the area wrestlers unless of course they are wrestling Sean. And I meant no offense about the "excuse" thing. I know where your coming from. Sean was sick with a fever and throwing up 2 years ago a semi-state, then last year he separated his shoulder at the DAC meet (hense the shoulder brace he has worn since) so we know what it's like to have to wrestle with adversity. Congratulations to the Bulldogs on their well deserved victory. It was great to see a region team win state last year. We drove down just to see it.

I am a Bull Dog dad,  and fan, and know how a serious flu can slow you down.  I think Josh flamme has improved tremendously and has matured as a fighter as well .  Maybe the results would have been different if he was healthy, maybe not.  I have also known Jr. Acuna  for a long time and know that he is one talented kid .  I would never count him out of any match.  And like Macdaddy said,  I  always want our team to  beat the locals,  but I would be the first to cheer on my region rats against any one else down state. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.