Delaware County Tournament

goul149

I have not seen the brackets, but I am not sure if they will wrestle tonight.  Wes-Del is releasing students at 1:00 and has cancelled all after school activities.  Not sure if this includes the County Tournament or not.  I just know it is getting bad out now.

Goul, if you have not seen the Muncie Paper yet, I posted an article in the article section about Yorktown and the county tournament. 

Yeah I have seen the Muncie paper. I knew that was going to happen a long time ago. I think it is a smart choice by the coach's. I know there is a long tradition but the county meet has declined a lot. I just wish they would give the Yorktown guys that are going a chance to win it. They go to practice everyday and work hard, they should get their chance to shine.

If the delaware County tournament is a varsity meet how can it not count against their team ihsaa points?

It is a varsity tournament for everyone but Yorktown. When the schedule was made county was declared a JV meet for Yorktown. 

How do you feel about the situation AJ.  From the comments at the bottom, it seems that there are some hurt feelings?

I can see both sides.  Coach McCormick is doing what he thinks he needs to do to get his guys ready for the individual and team tournaments.  It is hard to argue against a team seeking harder competition. 

Some people may not like it, but Coach McCormick only needs to worry about what is best for his team.  If all the county schools had a full lineup then I think it would be harder to understand or agree with, but they dont and Yorktowm really does not get anything from competing in this tournament.

It is the county ,and no they have not always won it, but Yorktown has an opportunity to have a FANTASTIC season, team and individual wise. Coach McComick is just doing his best to prepare his wrestlers for a a strong finish.

Maybe Yorktown should step out completely and just let it be a four or five man bracket. If they don't care enough for them to call it a varsity meet then it does not mean anything to yorktown.

Add New castle to the Henry Co. meet and its a blow out, so NC is not in it. It should be varsity for all or none.

Maybe Yorktown should step out completely and just let it be a four or five man bracket. If they don't care enough for them to call it a varsity meet then it does not mean anything to yorktown.

Add New castle to the Henry Co. meet and its a blow out, so NC is not in it. It should be varsity for all or none.

If you would have bothered to read the article that has been posted regarding it, you would have read this paragraph

"Initially, McCormick said he offered to pull his team from today's meet entirely but was told not to. Doing so, he was told, would open the possibility for Delaware County teams in other sports to stop participating in their respective county tournaments."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.