NEW Indianamat.com Team Rankings 1/3

decbell1

We learned a lot about several teams over the break.

Here is the newest set of rankings.

1. Mishawaka (13-0)

2. Perry Meridian (17-0)

3. Merillville (13-0)

4. Evansville Mater Dei (12-0)

5. Crown Point (6-1)

6. Yorktown (22-1)

7. Castle (10-1)

8. Portage (13-5)

9. Bloomington South (15-4)

10. Penn (7-1)

11. Franklin (13-3)

12. Evansville Reitz (11-0)

13. Jeffersonville (18-3)

14. Carmel (6-3)

15. New Palestine (22-5)

16. Roncalli (4-3)

17. Cathedral (5-2)

18. Bellmont (16-2)

19. South Bend Clay (21-1)

20. Lawrence North (6-4)

So where do you guys think Buffalo should be in the power rankings after they beat a Colts team with a bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers? I mean the Colts were like the 1st or 2nd best team in the NFL, so that means Buffalo should be ranked higher than the Colts now right?

Oh I'm sorry I got off topic, what does one team who did not play all their best players have to do with this rather ravishing discussion that we have week in and week out?  ::)

I'm tired of hearing about how Yorktown wrestled their JV.  You PLAY to win the game and you WRESTLE to win the match.  If you are cocky enough and think you have the JV guys to beat a team, that's your fault when it doesn't happen.  SB Clay won, fair and square.  If they don't surpass Yorktown in the rankings that's fine, but why such a big margin between the two teams?

Just wondering why you have picked them at the 19th spot? and YORKTOWN at the 6th?

If they don't surpass Yorktown in the rankings that's fine, but why such a big margin between the two teams?

Just wondering why you have picked them at the 19th spot? and YORKTOWN at the 6th?

Because the rankings aren't based off of what happened in the middle of December. The teams are ranked based on how good they are currently.

It is absolutely, completely OBVIOUS that Yorktown is at the very least one of the Top 10 teams in the state of Indiana. With a solid victory over Castle, who was previously in the Top 5, Yorktown has shown me that they are one of the top 6 teams in the state.

Clay on the other hand has not even wrestled another team in the Top 20 other than Merrillville, to whom they lost.

If you take Clay's current Varsity lineup and put it up against Yorktown's current lineup, it is an easy victory for Yorktown, and that is all there is to it.

Not a big poster on this site, but a follower.  I appreciate the work that dacbell1 puts into the rankings.  From everything that I have seen and read, Yorktown is the better team.  Yes, they lost, but not with their current lineup.  If you take current performances, Yorktown shows they should be top 10.  No reason to argue the rankings, they are subjective and don't matter for seedings or anything in the tournament.  If SB Clay is a great team, they will show it.  I guess this can be settled at team state if both make it.  We should revist in late February.

I never questioned your rankings or never WOULD I!

I just wanted a clarification of the spots they were ranked at, not only for me, but for all the others on the board.

Thanks and appreciation goes out for all that you do.

No problem.

Too often on message boards we have a tendency to misinterpret how people really feel. It's hard to gauge if people are angry or just wanting clarification, being serious or sarcastic.

The rankings would not be any fun if there were no discussion after they were posted. Please keep the questions coming, but do expect an answer from me.

Not a big poster on this site, but a follower.  I appreciate the work that dacbell1 puts into the rankings.  From everything that I have seen and read, Yorktown is the better team.  Yes, they lost, but not with their current lineup.  If you take current performances, Yorktown shows they should be top 10.  No reason to argue the rankings, they are subjective and don't matter for seedings or anything in the tournament.  If SB Clay is a great team, they will show it.  I guess this can be settled at team state if both make it.  We should revist in late February.

Its  kind of hard to see clay in the state tourney when MIshawaka the soon to be state champions are in their section as well as Penn

If clay people want to move up in the rankings so badly I suggest they take care of buisness at the NIC super duals. It is there that they have a shot at beating the 10th ranked team. If they beat Penn then all these clay fans and wrestlers can stick their tounges out at decbell and say "we told you so", if not then will you guys stop crying about Yorktown and not being ranked higher?

I have seen

#1 Mishawaka

#3 Merrillville

#6 Yorktown

#10 Penn

#15 New Palestine

#18 Bellmont

#20 Lawrence North

and will see

#2 Perry Meridian

and #9 Bloomington South

this weekend at the Bellmont Super Duals.

I had hoped to go to the Traicoff Invite this year to see some of those teams, but having a newborn at home changes some of your priorities.

In my opinion, the favorites to reach Team State would be:

#3 Merrillville

#1 Mishawaka

#6 Yorktown

Lafayette Jefferson

#17 Cathedral

#2 Perry Meridian

#15 New Palestine

#4 Evansville Mater Dei

Who finishes Top 4 really depends on the draw, which takes place on the 21st. I think that if I had to choose, I would take my Top 4, but I believe Yorktown can definitely beat one of those teams....

SnatchSingle,

Aren't you a Winchester veteran or at least a faithful? If so, I believe they wrestle Yorktown Tuesday night January 5th at Yorktown at 6:30. I would say this is the "Battle for East Central Indiana Supremacy", wouldn't you say? Coach Mock and Jones are doing great things in Falcon country and of course the Tigers are looking to have a great year. Could be a great way to see for yourself.

decbell1, great job, I like how you are looking at things new each week. Kind of a what have you done for me lately mentality. Teams that are getting a high ranking, but not wrestling stiff competition to keep it or continue to prove theirselves. I also agree Bellmont and Yorktown are much different line-ups then in early December.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.