Jay County Sectional

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take a shot. I am sure I will change my mind on a few before Saturday.

103- Fiechter over Walburn

112-Roe over Moser

119-Gerber over Keuneke

125-Perry over Striker

130-Fiechter over Meska

135-Faurote over Schultz

140-Busse over Schwartz

145-Ehr over King

152-Mahlan over Jones

160-Hankenson over Fuller

171-Taylor over Stebing

189-Thatcher over Short

215-Bultemeier over Biberstine

285-Meyer over West

:) OK, maybe I was a little biased, but what fun would it be otherwise....

103: Walburn over fiechter

112: Roe over Moser

119: Batt over Gerber

125:  Perry over Striker

130:  Fiechter over Meska

135: Faurote over Shultz

140: Burnfield over Schwartz

145: Ehr over King

152: Mahlan over Jones

160: Hankonson over Fuller

171: Taylor over Stebing

189: Thatcher over Short

215: Bultemeier over Biberstine

285: West over Meyer

I am a little bit uninformed on Batt so far this season. How much has he wrestled at 119 and how much at 125? Any big victories? It seems like he has a lot of losses, but maybe he was wrestling up.

Actually decbell Batt was wrestling 125 pretty much the whole season. Striker for the most part has wrestled 119 all season till now. Not sure if he has any major wins or not. hope that help little.

103: Cody Walburn- AC

112: Derek Roe- AC

119: Bobby Keuneke- BEL

125: Bobby Perry- BLU

130: Darin Fiechter- SW

135: Brooks Faurote- BEL

140: Jarod Schwartz- AC

145: Josh Ehr- SA

152: John Mahlan- BEL

160: Ryley Hankenson- BEL

171: Anthony Stebing- BEL

189: Travis Thatcher- BEL

215: Andrew Bultemeier- BEL

285: Jim West- SA

Actually decbell Batt was wrestling 112 earlier in the season and  there for awhile he did not make weight at a couple of the meets and tourney. so they moved him up to 125 because  Striker for the most part has wrestled 119 all season till now. Not sure if he has any major wins or not. hope that help little.

No surprise that he lost quite a few matches at 125, if he started the year out at 112.  That's a huge in-season jump!

I'm not sure of UCi schedule.. but I'd be thinking it isn't one that really prepares them for post season success.  UCo didn't goto the UCi 5-way in order to seek better competition at New Castle earlier in the year. 

I'm not sure of UCi schedule.. but I'd be thinking it isn't one that really prepares them for post season success.  UCo didn't goto the UCi 5-way in order to seek better competition at New Castle earlier in the year. 

As far as UCI's schedule goes,  no it is not the toughest that it could be, but considering that approx 90% of our wrestlers are 1st or 2nd year wrestlers it probably would be very discouraging to be beat all of the time.  There are a few decent kids on the team and they have to wrestle in the AAU season to get the experience they need.  One very good thing UCI has going for them is that they have over 20 kids on their team this year compared to less than 10 last year.  The coaches are trying to build a program and maybe one day we can wrestle all you tough schools out there. ;)

Who has fuller from blackford at 160 all lost to? he has less losses than hankenson, but are the losses from state level wrestlers

I highly doubt that any of his losses came to state level wrestlers but im pretty sure that almost if not all of hankenson's losses came to state level wrestlers.

Not trying to start anything, but did Meska or the Union City kid even make it out of sectionals last year?

Do the two of them have big victories this year that give everyone reason they will be in contention?

Meska was hurt and the other kid wrestled 119

Predictions....

103 Walburn over Fiechter

112 Roe over Mosers

119 Batt over Gerber

125 Perry over Striker

130 Meska over Fiechter

135 Faurote over Schultz

140 Burnfield over Schwartz

145 Ehr over King

152 Mahlan over Jones

160 Hankenson over Fuller

171 Pfister over Stebin

189 Thatcher over Garringer

215 James over Bultemeier

Hwt Meyer over West

Good luck to all the wrestlers Saturday!

Does anyone know who fuller from Blackford lost to at ECIC

Edwards (Alexandria) dec Fuller (Blk) 5-4 O.T.  quarter final round

Holcomb (Winchester) dec Fuller (Blk) 3-1  wrestle back round

Fuller (Blk) INJD over Bocanegra (Union City) for 7th place

Never thought I would see a kid place 7th at ECIC and get the #1 Seed at Sectional?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.