All Decade Team 215lbs

Y2CJ41

• 4 weeks later...

O'BRIEN WAS A GREAT WRESTLER I REMEBER WATCHIN HIM WRESTLE AT STATE GROWING UP.. BUT KASTEN WAS A 4X STATE QUALIFIER AND 2X STATE CHAMP..  HE WAS A GREAT WRESTLER AND IM PRETTY SURE HE WENT TO PURDUE FOR 1 REASON- TO BEAT O'BRIEN AND TAKE HIS SPOT.. I DONT KNOW IF THAT HAPPENED OR NOT BUT I KNOW O'BRIEN LEFT PURDUE AND WENT INTO MMA..  BOTH R GREAT WRESTLERS BUT KASTEN DESERVES SOME MORE LOVE.

BAKER IS THE MOST RECENT CHAMP BUT ANYBODY WHO REMEBERS WATCHING KASTEN IN HS KNOWS HE WAS A STUD AND WOULD OF DOMINATED BAKER..

O'Brien never had close matches his senior year.  Kasten had a couple of close matches at state the year he won 215...it was only his junior year.

I recall O'Brien's(SR) win in the semis over Kasten(JR) being a close match.  I am thinking it was 5-2, or 5-3.  His match under the lights against Dommer, on the other hand, was not close.

You're right.  I looked it up.  It was 8-5 for the senior O'Brien in Kasten's sophomore year.  Kasten then had 5-4 and 7-2 match scores against Piwoszkin and Wolfe his junior year--the only year he won state at 215.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.