Sign in to follow this  
Y2CJ41

All Decade Team 215lbs

O'BRIEN WAS A GREAT WRESTLER I REMEBER WATCHIN HIM WRESTLE AT STATE GROWING UP.. BUT KASTEN WAS A 4X STATE QUALIFIER AND 2X STATE CHAMP..  HE WAS A GREAT WRESTLER AND IM PRETTY SURE HE WENT TO PURDUE FOR 1 REASON- TO BEAT O'BRIEN AND TAKE HIS SPOT.. I DONT KNOW IF THAT HAPPENED OR NOT BUT I KNOW O'BRIEN LEFT PURDUE AND WENT INTO MMA..  BOTH R GREAT WRESTLERS BUT KASTEN DESERVES SOME MORE LOVE.

BAKER IS THE MOST RECENT CHAMP BUT ANYBODY WHO REMEBERS WATCHING KASTEN IN HS KNOWS HE WAS A STUD AND WOULD OF DOMINATED BAKER..

O'Brien never had close matches his senior year.  Kasten had a couple of close matches at state the year he won 215...it was only his junior year.

O'Brien never had close matches his senior year.  Kasten had a couple of close matches at state the year he won 215...it was only his junior year.

I recall O'Brien's(SR) win in the semis over Kasten(JR) being a close match.  I am thinking it was 5-2, or 5-3.  His match under the lights against Dommer, on the other hand, was not close.

You're right.  I looked it up.  It was 8-5 for the senior O'Brien in Kasten's sophomore year.  Kasten then had 5-4 and 7-2 match scores against Piwoszkin and Wolfe his junior year--the only year he won state at 215.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.