All Decade Team 171lbs

Y2CJ41

Hard to argue with a 4 timer, but Schontube would have gave him all he could handle.  Think it would be closer than most would expect.

IDK I'm a schontube fan and i would definately be rooting for him, but Maurer was a beast his senior year and he beat a very good Dolly his Junior year!

Schontube was beating some Cael Sanderson fella after on period(maybe 2) at the Midlands one year...  of course Maurer never got to hit stride in college, so it is hard to tell.

This was my reason behind picking Schontube.  He sure was dominant as a Senior.  To Mauer's credit, he was great at winning close matches, and this match up would mostly likely have been close.  Although, I don't think anyone gave Schontube a close match his Senior year, so that's hard to factor in. 

We arent going off of college only high school right?  def. Maurer

If we are going off only HS, then I would say that as Freshmen and Sophmores, Mauer had a clear edge.  When comparing their Junior or Senior years, there isn't a clear edge between them. 

If we are going off only HS, then I would say that as Freshmen and Sophmores, Mauer had a clear edge.  When comparing their Junior or Senior years, there isn't a clear edge between them. 

good point but I think we go off of the year they won state at that weight but i dunno

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.