All Decade Team 140lbs

Y2CJ41

This is sweet ... Pribble is getting some love here.

I ran into his grandfather a while back and he said that Ryan was studying to be a chiropractor in Iowa and was a vol. assistant coach at a high school there.  Anyone else have any additional info?

I know how  Howe was so dominate in 4 years and how good he is doing now but i picked JT young for this spot.  I picked him because of who he beat at state and their accomplishments compared to Howes.

Young's results

T. Ortiz 28-9            11-2

J. Cox 41-2                16-1 tf    Cox placed twice i think

G. Woodka 39-0        6-2

Creasep 42-8              pin 1:33

Howe's results

Grizzle 36-5            19-4 tf

Carlucci 40-3          18-3 tf

Walpole 46-0?          4-2 ot  very impressive win

C. Fornal 46-1          6-2

I also did Sandefeurs

duncan 18-3

Milenbaugh 7-4

Barret 7-3

Stahl 6-5

This is sweet ... Pribble is getting some love here.

I ran into his grandfather a while back and he said that Ryan was studying to be a chiropractor in Iowa and was a vol. assistant coach at a high school there.  Anyone else have any additional info?

Hey yeah I'm in Iowa at Palmer Chiropractic College.  I'm at my second year as a paid assitant for Davenport Assumption.  We are ranked third in 2A and we just beat the number 1 team before break.  We also beat the number 1 in the class below us.  You can follow us at Thepredicament.com.  My grandpa is a pretty awesome guy, I'm sure you had an intersting conversation.  Any other questions just ask?  I must add I think Howe def. had the best career but Young wins the best 140.

Excellent Ryan!  I was waiting for a table at the Turkey Run Inn while wearing a bright yellow IOWA Wrestling hoodie when he approached me.  Your Grandfather is indeed a very nice man and we had quite the little chat about wrestling.  I must say he literally oozes pride and love for his grand-sons, as he very well should.

I think Andrew Howe, as a sophomore, is getting just a TAD too much love for this spot.  I believe JT Young, as a senior, has the slight edge at this point in their careers.  Young finished 3rd at senior nationals that year.  In which I see Howe, at best, matching that.  He had the offense that could match Howe and was a pretty tough mat wrestler.  Keep in mind, this is looking at these guys at their said ages (Howe being a sophomore and Young as a senior).

JFYI, the first time I saw Howe wrestle, which was his sophomore year.  I remember thinking the last wrestler that was as smooth as him was JT Young.  So I think it's kind of funny that these two guys are at the top of the list right now.

Williams win coming back from injury was impressive for me, even if he wasn't as dominant as some of the others.  I think that I'll remember that one for some time.  (Did he win the mental attitude award that year as well???)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.