All Decade Team 103lbs

Y2CJ41

upon further review this case is closed and won by A. Clark

Clark results at state.  He placed 5th the year before at 112 and dropped to 103 as a senior.  Pretty sure he pinned like 90 something percent of his matches. 

N. Uldrichs pin :50

N. May pin 1:11

T Hunt pin 3:16

Macke 4-3

the only wrestler who comes close was John Sheets although he had 2 losses during the season the frosh came out of nowhere to win state and never won it again.  Sheets resume is prolly most impressive Klusmeir was a few time finalist.  Barclay placed once for sure and qualified a time or two.  Everyone remembers Thadeous Douglas.

S. Klusmier pinned

I Barclay 11-2

T Douglas pinned

Quiroz 4-1

Sheets ended 49-2 Freshman year and 12-2 vs State Finalist. His loses were to Sr. Chad Hershberger( 6th at State) 5-4 Al Smith finals,  Sr. Marc Kelwaski ( 2x SQ) at Regional Finals in OT. Wins vs State finalist only: 2x SQ Sr. Marc Kelwaski(pre season #1) 4-0 at dual,4-2 at conference finals,5-2 at sectional finals, pin at Semi-State finals. SQ  Jr. Adam Ededoerfer 6-3 at Team State. 7th place  Fr. Craig Warmke 8-7 at Bellmont Super Duals. SQ  So. Scott Klusmeier by fall 3:44. 5th  So. Ian Barclay 11-2.  3rd Sr. Thadeus Douglas by fall 1:12. 2nd place Sr. Gerardo Quiroz By fall semi-finals Al Smith, 2-1 semi finals at Semi-State, 4-1 State Finals.  

• 2 weeks later...

I fail to see how anyone comes close to Clark in this vote.  Anyone who saw him wrestle that year had no doubt he was winning state.  Macke was the only person who kept it close (and ended up beating him at team state), but I believe Clark beat him like 10 or 12 - 0 earlier in the year.

A lot of people are forgetting how good Hartman was.  Didn't he win under the lights by TF against Jose Escobedo?  Another thing to consider was that he was good enough to bump Reece Humphrey to 112 that season.

A lot of people are forgetting how good Hartman was.  Didn't he win under the lights by TF against Jose Escobedo?  Another thing to consider was that he was good enough to bump Reece Humphrey to 112 that season.

A couple of notes; Hartman was a senior and Reece was a freshman, he was nowhere near the wrestler he would become in a few years (he went 17-5 as a freshman at 112).  Also, that year Hartman only beat a sophomore Jose Escobedo 11-8 in the finals.  He also had a close semifinal match with Goble of Bloomington South (6-3).  Hartman was stuck by Macke in the semis his junior year, who then went on to lose to Clark in the finals.  Clark stuck everyone in his first 3 matches.

Clark stuck everyone in his first 3 matches.

...and pretty much everyone else the whole season.

I mentioned this in another thread: Clark was neck and neck with state champion Nathan Peterson at 112 for state supremacy his junior year, then got upset in the quarters and couldn't revisit their rivalry.  He beat Peterson during the year.  His senior year drop to 103 was a joke.  No one even came remotely close, including Macke in a previous attempt, until the state championship match.  I agree that some forget how tough Hartman was as a senior, but he was not like Clark.

A couple of notes; Hartman was a senior and Reece was a freshman, he was nowhere near the wrestler he would become in a few years (he went 17-5 as a freshman at 112).  Also, that year Hartman only beat a sophomore Jose Escobedo 11-8 in the finals.  He also had a close semifinal match with Goble of Bloomington South (6-3).  Hartman was stuck by Macke in the semis his junior year, who then went on to lose to Clark in the finals.  Clark stuck everyone in his first 3 matches.

My argument isn't that Reece was anywhere near as good as a freshman 112, but that he would have been a state placer at 103, with an outside shot at a title.  There is a huge difference between wrestling 103 and wrestling 112.

There is a huge difference between wrestling 103 and wrestling 112.

I completely agree--which is why I think Clark's junior year credentials at 112 coupled with his senior year destruction of everyone he faced should make him the clear #1 here.  Again, Hartman was impressive and mostly dominant; but he wasn't like Clark.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.