New Team Rankings 12/7

decbell1

New Team Rankings are posted based on results posted at 9:00 pm on 12/7/

http://www.indianamat.com/category/teamrankings/

A few comments:

It seems like there is so much more competition for each and every spot on this list than anytime I can remember.

A lot of these teams that moved up have really distinguished themselves in my eyes, by beating other ranked opponents by large margins. I realize that sometimes scoring margin can be misleading,  but it does say something about that team.

Several teams have yet to wrestle a dual meet, so it is very hard to gauge where those teams are and I am sure these rankings will change drastically in the next two weeks with various big tournaments taking place in the state (i.e. Traicoff Invite).

Finally, this has been one of the more interesting weeks in results that I have ever seen. If you take a look at Franklin, and their wins over Roncalli, Lawrence North, and Pike, and then couple that with Pike's victory over New Palestine, who in turn soundly beat Bellmont and New Castle, it makes for some very big changes from the preseason rankings.

I am keeping track of Jeffersonville, but as of right now, I'm not sure if they've beaten anybody that was on the list before.

I agree with Chris. Also, they finished ahead of Warren Central and Columbus North in the Capital City Classic who were both ranked at the time. Or, do you only look at dual meet records for the team rankings?

I agree with Chris. Also, they finished ahead of Warren Central and Columbus North in the Capital City Classic who were both ranked at the time. Or, do you only look at dual meet records for the team rankings?

I do my best to look at individual tournaments and include them into the equation, but I am much more concerned with a team's dual record.......

As for having Mishawaka 1st, I simply go through each team's lineup for each of the teams that I am considering #1, and I pit them against the other teams, and then come up with an estimated score. I do this every week as I find out more and more about each wrestler in their lineup. So far, I still have Mishawaka beating Perry Meridian and Crown Point head-to-head, and therefore they are my #1.

Not complaining, just "aksing" how mish is ranked above the number one and two team state placing teams cp and pm.  I think cp went 5-0 at the Stagg tourney this weekend with 5 champs.

I'm not to sure about PM since I'm from the region but you have to take into account some of the seniors CP lost last year. They had a real good supporting cast of seniors last year who I felt took it up a notch came tournament time. CP is a good team but I dont think there as good as last year. Who knows they might prove me wrong. As far as the Stagg tourney, it is a Tourney not a dual.

Jasper will be a big help with the rankings, with Castle, MD, Jeffersonville, and Bloomington South.

Jeffersonville may very well be the "spoiler" to this whole equasion thsi weekend.  They just about pulled it off last year!

Thanks for what you do.

Do you have a job or are you retired?

If you have a job do you have a wife?

If you have a job and a wife, does she have a sister?

Has to be one of the most understanding women on the planet!

Thanks again!

Thanks for what you do.

Do you have a job or are you retired?

If you have a job do you have a wife?

If you have a job and a wife, does she have a sister?

Has to be one of the most understanding women on the planet!

Thanks again!

I attempt to teach about 120 high schoolers to speak German. I can retire in the year 2038 or so. (Sometimes my 3-month old listens better)

My wife generally argues with me about where I rank certain teams (she has her favorites)

No sister, sorry

It's really not that hard, all you have to do is think back to how inaccurate the old rankings were.....

After seeing Castle this weekend I think they are ranked too high. I have to believe that Franklin is just going to get stronger when they get all of their guys where they want them. They had some pretty impressive wins this past weekend.

Thanks for keeping us no. 1, for probably the last week .  We did lose a lot from last year.  I don't think we match up very well with Merrillville, Portage and definately not Mishawaka.  We do have a good possibility of having  at least 3 state champs, but we have some definite inexperience at some weights.  We will find out this weekend just how far we have

or should be dropped in the rankings.

I'd like to correct an oversight on my last post.  We are not ranked No. 1, which is  certainly right.  Where I saw us no.1

is the seeding at the Traicoff posted by CBarnett.  We should see this weekend where we belong in the rankings.

Wow Bellmont gets trounced twice , and almost loses a third match . And they're still in the top 20?

Was this supposed to be serious or a joke...........?

Bellmont has been beaten by two teams in front of them in the rankings, and has beaten one team behind them in the rankings. In my opinion, they are probably ranked too low, and will most likely end the year higher than #18.

I attempt to teach about 120 high schoolers to speak German. I can retire in the year 2038 or so. (Sometimes my 3-month old listens better)

My wife generally argues with me about where I rank certain teams (she has her favorites)

No sister, sorry

It's really not that hard, all you have to do is think back to how inaccurate the old rankings were.....

I think your rankings look pretty good.Thanks for the effort and time you put into this.The team ranking is always one of the first things I click on.Good job

The new team ranking look great!  Mishawaka's line up is deep and balanced.  They are an obviously safe choice for number one. 

I agree that Crown Point lost many experienced seniors from last year's team.  This year's team is much younger and not as balanced.  The rankings are based on how this year's team looks and not on last year's results.  Crown Point will do very well on individual tournaments based on their studs but wrestling a dual is a different matter. 

Merrillville is ranked a bit low IMO.

Penn looked awesome at the Harvest Classic at Lake Central.  They are well-coached and in excellent shape.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.