ufc 107

Tennessee

Which Penn is going to show up?  That's why I am going with Sanchez.  Guida is awesome.  I saw him driving once a he waved at me, so I gotta go with the Guida.  Fitch all the way.  Dana White needs to stop hating on Fitch and promote him.  He is Sherdog's seventh best fighter.  Dude can throw a beating down, and take one too.

Which Penn is going to show up?  That's why I am going with Sanchez.  Guida is awesome.  I saw him driving once a he waved at me, so I gotta go with the Guida.  Fitch all the way.  Dana White needs to stop hating on Fitch and promote him.  He is Sherdog's seventh best fighter.  Dude can throw a beating down, and take one too.

Im guessin its gonna be the same Penn that has showed up his last 5 fights (St pierre, Stevenson, Sherk, Florian, etc.) No offense to Sanchez but they are nowhere near the same level... Penn has a huge advantage anywhere the fight goes..Just all around too much for him...Im guessin Diego's best game plan would be to throw bombs and hope one connects

This will be one of the best cards in the last few months and the best one for a few months

-B.J. Penn (14-5-1; #1 Lightweight) vs. Diego Sanchez (21-2; #10 Lightweight)  BJ will win but its going to be a good one

-Frank Mir (12-4; #3 Heavyweight)* vs. Cheick Kongo (14-5-1)           i say Mir wins by sub but I hope Kongo knocks him out

-Kenny Florian (11-4; #6 Lightweight) vs. Clay Guida (25-10)      Love Guida but Florian is on another level.  Ill be shocked to see Clay survive 3 rds

-Jon Fitch (19-3; #2 Welterweight) vs. Mike Pierce (10-1)     Fitch, had his shot and now he just waiting to get it again, no reason for him to fight his own guys , plenty of competition out their for him, Thiago alves, Dan Hardy, Matt hughes, Carlos Condit, Paul Daley,Ricardo Almaide, Anthony Johnson, martin Kampman,

-Paul Buentello (27-10) vs. TBA   Have no idea why this is still on here

Preliminary Bouts:

-Wilson Gouveia (18-6) vs. Alan Belcher (14-6)  went to his gym for a lil bit during my time in MS, great guy (Belcher)

-Shane Nelson (12-4) vs. Matt Wiman (10-5)     Wiman by KO, still dont like Nelson the TUF

-Johny Hendricks (6-0) vs. Ricardo Funch (7-0)   One AA just got cut by the UFC i dont want another too, Hendricks buy TKO

-DaMarques Johnson (12-7) vs. Edgar Garcia (7-1)  Demarqus by dec.

-Kevin Burns (10-3) vs. T.J. Grant (14-3    TJ Grant by dec

This will be one of the best cards in the last few months and the best one for a few months

-B.J. Penn (14-5-1; #1 Lightweight) vs. Diego Sanchez (21-2; #10 Lightweight)  BJ will win but its going to be a good one

-Frank Mir (12-4; #3 Heavyweight)* vs. Cheick Kongo (14-5-1)           i say Mir wins by sub but I hope Kongo knocks him out

-Kenny Florian (11-4; #6 Lightweight) vs. Clay Guida (25-10)      Love Guida but Florian is on another level.  Ill be shocked to see Clay survive 3 rds

-Jon Fitch (19-3; #2 Welterweight) vs. Mike Pierce (10-1)     Fitch, had his shot and now he just waiting to get it again, no reason for him to fight his own guys , plenty of competition out their for him, Thiago alves, Dan Hardy, Matt hughes, Carlos Condit, Paul Daley,Ricardo Almaide, Anthony Johnson, martin Kampman,

-Paul Buentello (27-10) vs. TBA   Have no idea why this is still on here

Preliminary Bouts:

-Wilson Gouveia (18-6) vs. Alan Belcher (14-6)  went to his gym for a lil bit during my time in MS, great guy (Belcher)

-Shane Nelson (12-4) vs. Matt Wiman (10-5)     Wiman by KO, still dont like Nelson the TUF

-Johny Hendricks (6-0) vs. Ricardo Funch (7-0)   One AA just got cut by the UFC i dont want another too, Hendricks buy TKO

-DaMarques Johnson (12-7) vs. Edgar Garcia (7-1)  Demarqus by dec.

-Kevin Burns (10-3) vs. T.J. Grant (14-3    TJ Grant by dec

Belcher vs. Gouveia should be on the main card.

I'll go with BJ, Fitch, & Mir.  I would love to see Guida win, but I don't think he will pull it off either.  I'll also go with Belcher, Nelson, Hendricks, Garcia, and Grant.

Been waiting for Sanchez to get a title shot. He will be super pumped! Would like to see BJ catch him with a overhand right and put his lights out!

Kongo by knockout, hopefully!

If Florian watched the Sanchez vs Guida fight he will come out throwing hands like crazy! Florian by submission!

Fitch by knockout! Met him at a local MMA event. He is kinda strange!

Hopefully a local watering hole will have it on! Anyone from the Goshen area know of anywhere having it?

I heard Penn looked fat and bloated in his interview with joe Rogan at UFC 10 Finale.  If he aint in shape, Sanchez will crush him.

I think that Penn has a big head (literally) and just appeared that he was bigger. Just look at the picture above, he has a massive noggin!

Penn asked Sanchez about something that Sanchez had been telling the media about he'd meet BJ in the middle of the mat and punch it out all night long and Sanchez wouldn't answer the question. He talked all the way around it, but wouldn't bring it up. Sanchez looked worried and Penn looked PO'd.

Fitch objected to the likeness ownership in perpetuity clause that the UFC tried to force all its fighters to accept. Basically, the UFC would forever own much of Fitch's ability to endorse products or appear in video games, etc., even if he left the UFC. Basically, it was ridiculous and elite level fighters like Fitch were eventually excused from the clause.....

.... but not without White bashing him in the media first.

You had better believe that this has affected how much of a 'push' the UFC is willing to give Fitch in programs/advertising/marketing like UFC Countdown.

I agree - I like the new approach BJ is taking.  In the past it seemed like he was more of a "know-it-all" but after the GSP fight he found out he needed to improve the strength and conditioning aspect of his game.

As for the Countdown to UFC 107, if they were going to preview a 3rd fight, it would have been Florian vs. Guida, not the Fitch fight.