Anthony Hawkins to Calumet College

cadet130

This is probably the best news Calumet College will ever get!  Congrats to Cal College and Hawkins, but it seems like he could have gone somewhere much better than this, no offense to Cal.

If you look into it the choice is not bad at all.  Close to home, great coaching staff, and NAIA schools tend to offer a lot more money.  On top of that it seems to be a trend that very talented, under sized kids go NAIA to wrestle 125 or 133.  Really it comes as no suprise at all, yes he could have probably gone somewhere else, but would have had to wait a couple of years to really get to compete and pull scholarship.  Great choice and it's nothing but good things in the future for both him and CCSJ.  Congrats!!!

Not meant to offend cadet130 or anything but Hawkins could wrestle their for a couple of years and than transfer if he develops and has the opportunity.  Y2's first college match was with a kid that did this and went on to be a couple time d1 all-american.  That being said, having Leroy Vega as a practice partner would be hard to match at any d1 school.

Congratulations Anthony! A great choice!! Coach Vega will provide you with an opportunity for a great education, a great room to train in, and a chance for you to become an NAIA National Champion! All with a great scholarship opportunity to boot...sounds AWESOME!!!!!

(not to mention close to home where your old man can still give you a hard time!!! LOL)

--Coach Tucker, Lowell Wrestling

Not meant to offend cadet130 or anything but Hawkins could wrestle their for a couple of years and than transfer if he develops and has the opportunity.  Y2's first college match was with a kid that did this and went on to be a couple time d1 all-american.  That being said, having Leroy Vega as a practice partner would be hard to match at any d1 school.

That is true, I also had a teammate that was a 2X NAIA champ that went on to wrestle at Oklahoma for a year and was one match from being an All-American. 

Congrats to Anthony and the Crimson Wave.

Congratulations, Anthony and family!  It's been a long time coming.  All that hard work has started to pay off.  I think that you made a great decision and you are going to wrestle for a great coach.  I think that with you and the other guys that Leroy already has and will be able to get that CCSJ is going places in a hurry!  Best of luck!  Now go win another title and I will throw some bean bags at your head at your graduation party!  HA! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.