140 Johnson  over cn

145 decker over harz

152 Tonte over waddell

160 Robinson over holt

171 browner over Goldman

189 Johnson-jones over Richards

215 jeffersonville over Franklin central

285 decker over scheafer

Any word on how Donny Thomas from Warren Central did??? ???

I don't have that information in front of me. I would have thought he would have wrestled for 3rd and 4th. He wrestled Miracle in the Semis and lost 12-4 I believe. Thomas is a scrapper! He is a very strong and aggressive wrester. I think he can surprise some kids.

102 bova over shepherd

112 McKinley  over smith

119 miller over  clem

125 wright over simmions  

130??? Not sure

135 Williams over Harris  

140 Johnson  over cn

145 decker over harz

152 Tonte over waddell

160 Johnson over holt

171 browner over Goldman

189 Johnson-jones over Richards

215 jeffersonville over Franklin central

285 decker over scheafer

160 was Jordan Robinson from Perry

Yes Jones pinned Richards after an exciting first period Richards hit Jones in a head lock Jones landed out of bounds . They centered up Richards had heavy hands Jones looked suprised, then another headlock was thrown by Richards while trying to hip into Richards back tooth got knocked out and  he got caught off balance and could not fight it off from bottom. Tooth was chokeing him. These two should have some really good matches against each other this year!  Hockenberry did not wrestle,  Massengale wrestled171

So your saying if he doesn't lose any teeth and he lands that "desperate headlock" against, arguable the strongest 89lber, then it should be a close match?  I haven't seen anything that would lead to that conclusion.  Maybe if he used those "heavy hands" to throw a right hook but that just may anger Jones.

So your saying if he doesn't lose any teeth and he lands that "desperate headlock" against, arguable the strongest 89lber, then it should be a close match?  I haven't seen anything that would lead to that conclusion.   Maybe if he used those "heavy hands" to throw a right hook but that just may anger Jones.

I'd have to agree, I keep seeing posts about what great battles they will have this year. But Saturdays match showed no indication that they would even be close. What about the takedown they didnt give Jones? I cants see Jones having any problem this year, Richards is tough, but only a Soph., not ready yet.

I'd have to agree, I keep seeing posts about what great battles they will have this year. But Saturdays match showed no indication that they would even be close. What about the takedown they didnt give Jones? I cants see Jones having any problem this year, Richards is tough, but only a Soph., not ready yet.

For one Jones did not cover the hips on the take down and Richards fought it off. And you are right Jones is a strong young man. I guess all that matters is Richards confidence level grew alot after that match,after HITTING Jones in that "Desperation Head Lock" Richards ended the first two matches with that,  in about 3o sec. each and then hit the one on Jones out of bounds about 30 sec into the match. Im not going to despute Jones ability, he is a great kid. They should wrestle at least 3 more times this year ;) Best of luck to both wrestlers and teams the rest of the season.     

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.