Gym Floor

littlevito

So I just got home from practice and setting up mats for our triple dual tomorrow.  I have to admit. A gym floor looks 100 times better when the basketball floor is covered in wrestling mats.  The Athletic Director and Basketball coach were in the gym, and I even went up to them and told them the same thing.

So I just got home from practice and setting up mats for our triple dual tomorrow.  I have to admit. A gym floor looks 100 times better when the basketball floor is covered in wrestling mats.  The Athletic Director and Basketball coach were in the gym, and I even went up to them and told them the same thing.

nEW cASTLE HAS DA BEST set up by far / the best wresling gym in da state/ vito i have to agree 3 wrestling mats is a beautifull thing

I for one love basketball...not sure why we have to be so insecure about it....

I have personal reasons!!!  Last time I played basketball I broke my foot and another coach got a concussion during the same play....NOTE: Never play basketball with a wrestling team!!!

I for one love basketball...not sure why we have to be so insecure about it....

I don't think a lot of people have a problem with it so much, just saying they prefer to see wrestling mats than hardwood. I know a lot of people take offense that basketball gets tons of coverage and wrestling does not. That's even more frustrating at schools where the basketball team is worse than the wrestling team.

I don't think a lot of people have a problem with it so much, just saying they prefer to see wrestling mats than hardwood. I know a lot of people take offense that basketball gets tons of coverage and wrestling does not. That's even more frustrating at schools where the basketball team is worse than the wrestling team.

Totally agree with you! Our wrstling team won conference , which hadn't been done since '92, last year and then sectionals, which had never been done. The only thing the school did was announce it at 1/2 time of th bball game. Nothing more was ever mentioned about it. ???

Ah yes, I think most teams here in the state take a back seat to that sport they play with that pumpkin lookin thing.  My best memory of taking a back seat to basketball was in 93 when we had won the Merrillville Sem-State over the weekend and our Vice Principal gave a long drawn out Congratualtions to our GIRLS basketball team , for get this, LOSING at Regionals.  At the end of the announcements it was a pretty much, oh and by the way "Congrats to our wrestling team this weekend for winning the Semi-State tourney". Talk about a slap in the face. So am I a little bias here and bash the sport of basketball any chance I get, YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!

PS

So my heart was broken this year when my 7yo decided he wanted to try basketball!

Ah yes, I think most teams here in the state take a back seat to that sport they play with that pumpkin lookin thing.  My best memory of taking a back seat to basketball was in 93 when we had won the Merrillville Sem-State over the weekend and our Vice Principal gave a long drawn out Congratualtions to our GIRLS basketball team , for get this, LOSING at Regionals.  At the end of the announcements it was a pretty much, oh and by the way "Congrats to our wrestling team this weekend for winning the Semi-State tourney". Talk about a slap in the face. So am I a little bias here and bash the sport of basketball any chance I get, YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!

PS

So my heart was broken this year when my 7yo decided he wanted to try basketball!

Don't let him do it! Maldonado's don't play B'ball!

;DI love B-ball, most people just dont get it. You get 5 fouls, wow and then if you use them all, another guy comes in and he gets 5 more. Cool sport, wrestling if you get two, they throw you out and you cannot be replaced :-X So our wrestlers play b-ball, combat basketball, withour own rules. :o

Now we have to understand...We are Hoosiers.  You know - that movie about basketball and all that.

I always found it ironic that many basketball fans in the state WORSHIP Bobby Knight to this day.  Why?  Because he was tough, no non-sense, a strict task master, and had little time for non-sense.  In other words he was a WRESTLING COACH!

Basketball is a fun little game.  It's played my millions of kids around the world. 

Wrestling is a SPORT.  Only a select few in this world have what it takes to step on a wrestling mat AT ALL!  So you see...It's natural selection.  The strong rise to the opportunity to actually compete.  The others spend their time trying to put a ball in a hoop, comforting themselves in the thought that they are competing.

No offense folks, but it really is like difference between being the President of the United States or the President of the Stew Glipton Fan Club,  Ft Wayne Chapter.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.