Twin Lakes Sectional Rankings/Results Final Updated

Bomber

I don't know how Pioneer could be considered in the running for this sectional.  They went 0-9 at the Broncho Duels over the break.  Granted, that was tough competition, and they had some sick guys, but still really?  I also understand that this sectional is historically one of the weakest sectionals in the state, but surely a school the size of Logan or  or even Rennselear (sp) could beat Pioneer.  I have nothing against Pioneer, or their excellent new coach, but they do not seem as strong as in years past.

granted how bad pioneer was last week.....0-9 is worse than bad BUT they had their heads out of the game. there was no excuse for how badly the whole team was every match. pioneer is very angry on how terribly the competed and will make it a HUGE priority to get better. pioneer has wrestled rennselear anyway and already beat them at the north white invite (pioneers first meet). They are young. will be a great team in a couple years though! i also agree that the higher weights wil have to carry them but that seems to be happening alot where nobody in the lower class will win and the higher classes are just fighting not to get shut out.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently made the trip down to Caston and watched several good teams, I watched the Pioneer vs West Central Match up, it was a good match-up however there were some questionable calls.  I'm just wondering why no one ever mentions West Central when teams are named as favorites for this sectional? I was told they won it last year is this not true? Just wondering, they seemed pretty solid for a single A school.

I recently made the trip down to Caston and watched several good teams, I watched the Pioneer vs West Central Match up, it was a good match-up however there were some questionable calls.  I'm just wondering why no one ever mentions West Central when teams are named as favorites for this sectional? I was told they won it last year is this not true? Just wondering, they seemed pretty solid for a single A school.

They did win it last year.  I've seen them a few times and didn't really seem to match up with Pioneer all that well.  Like last year, it will take loads and loads of help from Caston, North White, South Newton, Frontier, etc.  One bad day could make you or break you.  WC is very young also and have a very strong sophomore class coming up. I wouldn't say the Trojans are out of it yet.  I know they were itching for another dual with Pioneer and Twin Lakes yesterday but was cancelled because of the snow.  Late January will be fun.

west central was a good match up for pioneer but pioneer won over a majority of the matches

Well I can tell you that Rensselaer Central beat West Central 45-30 about a month ago.  The problem that I see with West Central not winning the sectional would be that they have to many open weight classes.  When Rensselaer wrestled them they had somewhere around 3 to 4 forfeits.  When you are not scoring points in that many weight classes it makes it kind of hard to win the sectional. 

For WC, Wireman will be wrestling 135 and Neihouser will be wrestling 140.

How is Winamac ranked 3rd? WC beat them early in the year and i believe Caston did as well.

I don't believe there are team rankings? But Winamac also forfeited I believe 4 weight classes then. Just saying.

I didn't write anything down so sorry for the mistakes. Hopefully someone can help me out =)

103 sn ,nw, Harvey caston, Johnson pio

112 Rehn wc, caston, win, ?( Rehn pinned the Caston kid but the Caston kid put rehn on his back in a cradle for 30 seconds. I think the person who took fourth also put Rehn on his back.)

119 (3 former sectional champions) Wright sn dec Johnson pio, Berkshire caston, WC( Berkshire pinned Fritz in about a minute. Wright beat Berkshire by 4 maybe and beat Johson by 5. Johnson beat the west central kid something like 18-11)

125 Hartley win OT Stone,

130 Holloway caston wbf Faler WC, Chapman win, ?( the Chapman Holloway match was close. 8-4 maybe?)

135 Reidwick Caston ? ? ?

140 Chapman Win (pinned Dorris in semis), WC maybe? , Dorris

145 Wagoner Pio,  McMenamin Caston

152 Cameron WC, Hoover win(6-4 maybe?), Gonzalez Caston, Baxter Pio

160 Hileman NW,  Ault Caston (3rd OT win for Hileman.)

171 Bell SN, Nethercutt Pio

189 Masters WC, Linback NW

215 Tolson, Pio, Frontier kid injury defaulted for 3rd.

HWT Dix win

I didn't write anything down so sorry for the mistakes. Hopefully someone can help me out =)

103 sn ,nw, Harvey caston, Johnson pio

112 Rehn wc, caston, win, ?( Rehn pinned the Caston kid but the Caston kid put rehn on his back in a cradle for 30 seconds. I think the person who took fourth also put Rehn on his back.)

119 (3 former sectional champions) Wright sn dec Johnson pio, Berkshire caston, WC( Berkshire pinned Fritz in about a minute. Wright beat Berkshire by 4 maybe and beat Johson by 5. Johnson beat the west central kid something like 18-11)

125 Hartley win OT Stone,

130 Holloway caston wbf Faler WC, Chapman win, ?( the Chapman Holloway match was close. 8-4 maybe?)

135 Reidwick Caston ? ? ?

140 Chapman Win (pinned Dorris in semis), WC maybe? , Dorris

145 Wagoner Pio,  McMenamin Caston

152 Cameron WC, Hoover win(6-4 maybe?), Gonzalez Caston, Baxter Pio

160 Hileman NW,  Ault Caston (3rd OT win for Hileman.)

171 Bell SN, Nethercutt Pio

189 Masters WC, Linback NW

215 Tolson, Pio, Frontier kid injury defaulted for 3rd.

HWT Dix win

WASN'T THIS DORRIS KID RANKED IN TOP 10 EARLY IN SEASON?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.