Merrillville Semi State Rankings 1/29 Final rankings w/records

ontherise219

Jordan Hicks is a junior and is now 38-0 very impressive regular season. I see no threats through the regional. I wish him and Petrov would have wrestled at Jeff; it would have been fun to watch. I understand why Petrov opted out of wrestling him to prevent injury. Ok on the Topic of Travis Rowe-

He is from North White, that means he would be in one of if not the weakest sectional in the state Twin Lakes. Beating the champion isn't much of a prize. Having seen him wrestle several times(I may have wrestled him when he was a freshman I can't remember that far back either way he lost to me or my teammate at the time), I am not impressed at all. At 145 Wagoner from Pioneer isn't an easy task. I do know that Ethan Dale Mcc, Hodge Har, and Cohen See are at 145 at Laf. Jeff sectional all of which can win it. At 152 Lynde would handle him with no problems. The Laf. jeff sectional historically wins first place in 10-12 weight class of those 8-10 are an all Laf. Jeff finals. Having said that if Rowe were in the tournament, I wouldn't bet on him to win regionals let alone make it to state. But none of this matter cause he is not in the tournament.

As for 5th place it tech. exist but its irrelivent in the topic of accomplishments. All it amounts to is losing in the ticket round to the eventual champion. It is a bad draw but it doesn't make you better than the guy who lost to the eventual second place finisher.

If Dorris Wrestles anything Like he  did at the Holiday tournament at Laf. Jeff I can't see him winning regionals.I that happens,  I think he will have more than he can handle when he matches up with Brown LJ in Logansport.Who is Zach Dix I don't Remember him from Last year when Mukia got second at the regional. Was He a 215 if so what did he do in the tournament I am just trying to just ify him being ranked over Mukia

I have no results from Muskai, I got a personal message from a coach not winamacs saying that Dix was pretty good and I have seen some results from him that wouldn't tell me other wise

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. He was at 119 for NIC

He bumped up against Elkhart Central cuz he was injured and weighed too much

And he bumped up against Marian becuz they had no 119

So, he's going 119 for sectionals

Naco I thought you were on Indianamat break. I wasn't sure Where olsen was going to wrestle but He is right there with Binion, they have Split right Binion won in the Dual and olsen beat him at Al Smith

Naco I thought you were on Indianamat break. I wasn't sure Where olsen was going to wrestle but He is right there with Binion, they have Split right Binion won in the Dual and olsen beat him at Al Smith

Indeed, I was on break. This is like the 2nd post I've made since I mentioned I was gonna be on break.

I have no results from Muskai, I got a personal message from a coach not winamacs saying that Dix was pretty good and I have seen some results from him that wouldn't tell me other wise

Understandable, you won't hear much about him due to the fact he is from the southern most school in the semi-state. It should be an exciting finally to the Logansport Regional. His loss in that regional was to Everett from Delphi who placed 7th at State.

Come to think about it I think Howe from Plymouth beat Mukai out last season. If I remember right it was a hard fought match.

Modification-

I did som Research Last Year Dix got second in the sectional to Keagon Clark. Both Dix and Clark lost too and lost to Lutz from Har. Mukia beat both of those kids (Clark and Lutz) during the tournament last season. Mukai is much improved thus He is my pick as the Logansport Reg. Champ.

You ranked 49 of 56 that advanced and 9 of 14 champions Great Job!

103-4 for 4

112-4 for 4

119-3 for 4 Correct Champion

125-4 for 4 Correct Champion

130-3 for 4 Correct Champion

135-4 for 4

140-4 for 4

145-3 for 4 Correct Champion

152-4 for 4

160-4 for 4 Correct Champion

171-3 for 4 *Correct Champion  if you remove Dale

189-3 for 4 Correct Champion

215-3 for 4 Correct Champion

285-3 for 4 Correct Champion

I would like to say Sorry to the 7 wrestlers who were unramked that qualified for the state finals

1. 119 Layton Binion Mishawaka* but was my sleeper pick for the state finals

2. 130 Forrest Sons Laf Harrison*

3. 145 Brian Hodges Laf Harrison

4. 171 Danny Johnson Highland

5. 189 Danny Abu-Sheb Mishawaka

6. 215 Devin Regean Penn*

7. hwt Kegan Clark Logansport

*means was ranked at 1 time 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.