Merrillville Semi State Rankings 1/29 Final rankings w/records

ontherise219

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This kids a beast and I believe he has potential to make it to the top. For a heavy he can move and he needs to use it to his advantage! It's not goin to suprise me when we see him wrestling under the lights at merriville. Keep it up Crawford you just gotta want it.

the crazy thing is: I'm not a Culver Fan??

Jack Crawford is only a junior and is at 285 (and currently undefeated).

• 2 weeks later...

Chris Katsafaros is a great wrestler thats been wrestling for a long time.   Im not surprised his only loss is to Jason T..  Don't be surprised if he "upsets" a lot of big names this season.

I second that, He's looked good so far and was very successful in middle school.

Jordan Hicks is a junior and is now 38-0 very impressive regular season. I see no threats through the regional. I wish him and Petrov would have wrestled at Jeff; it would have been fun to watch. I understand why Petrov opted out of wrestling him to prevent injury.

NW SENIOR TRAVIS ROWE WILL MAKE A STATE FINALS APPEARANCE THIS YEAR.  (EITHER 145 ,152)

FINISHED 5TH AT SEMI STATE AS A SOPHMORE (140), LOSING A TOUGH MATCH TO STEVEN SANDEFER.

HE  WAS UNABLE 2 WRESTLE IN THE SECTIONAL LAST YR, AFTER WINNING CONFERENCE AND HE BEAT THE SECTIONAL CHAMPON IN THE REGULAR SEASON. LOOK FORWARD TO THIS YR HOPEFULLY A REGIONAL FINALS MATCH UP WITH LYNDE FROM DELPHI

Ok on the Topic of Travis Rowe-

He is from North White, that means he would be in one of if not the weakest sectional in the state Twin Lakes. Beating the champion isn't much of a prize. Having seen him wrestle several times(I may have wrestled him when he was a freshman I can't remember that far back either way he lost to me or my teammate at the time), I am not impressed at all. At 145 Wagoner from Pioneer isn't an easy task. I do know that Ethan Dale Mcc, Hodge Har, and Cohen See are at 145 at Laf. Jeff sectional all of which can win it. At 152 Lynde would handle him with no problems. The Laf. jeff sectional historically wins first place in 10-12 weight class of those 8-10 are an all Laf. Jeff finals. Having said that if Rowe were in the tournament, I wouldn't bet on him to win regionals let alone make it to state. But none of this matter cause he is not in the tournament.

As for 5th place it tech. exist but its irrelivent in the topic of accomplishments. All it amounts to is losing in the ticket round to the eventual champion. It is a bad draw but it doesn't make you better than the guy who lost to the eventual second place finisher.

140 Owen Dorris Pioneer 3    Kearney KV 2

140 Owen Dorris Pioneer 5 Maraculli Wawasee 3

If Dorris Wrestles anything Like he  did at the Holiday tournament at Laf. Jeff I can't see him winning regionals.I that happens,  I think he will have more than he can handle when he matches up with Brown LJ in Logansport.

Hwt

5. Zach Dix Winimac

6. Zack Mukai Seeger Sr SSQ

Who is Zach Dix I don't Remember him from Last year when Mukia got second at the regional. Was He a 215 if so what did he do in the tournament I am just trying to just ify him being ranked over Mukia

How does Joe Gallegos fall to 7th, he's 28-5 on the season, he has wins over reagan who's at third a 3-0 decisin at N.I.C super duals, and also a 9-3 Decison over Jack Seaman of munster! What's the reasoning?

Gallegos hasn't beat McDanials right? McDanials was just beat by Reagen. Vlade Has beat McDanials a couple of times so I have him a head of him and Seaman just beat Vlade so really it is a toss Up. I could also have Vice Laf Jeff, Sumner McC, Campbel Laf Harrison all ranked to really after 1 and 2 it is pretty close between about 6 other guys

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.