Evansville Semi-State Rankings Updated 1-26

TripleB

Don't leave out  Blake Rueger from Ev. Reitz.  He easliy won Connersville's 32 team tournament.  He should be at the top end of this list.

totally forgot about him, i would put him at number 4 maybe i dunno,

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Barlow doing very well this year. I was impressed with what I saw of him last year, he had a bad first round draw last year at state.

Barlow had a horrible semi state last year, which set him up with the first round with spencer. 

when is the next update?

I'm guessing maybe after the big conference events in the next few weeks we may see one.  Depends if TripleB or someone else involved has time to organize the information between those events and sectionals starting.

• 2 weeks later...

Jeffersonville wrestled Charlestown tonite and won 51-12.  In the 152 class Jeffs JV wrestled because the varsity kid had ringworm and beat Daugherty. You guys got Daugherty rated 6th in Evansville Semi State.  You might want to look at that.

charlestown pinned at hwt. this is about the time of year people start being strategic about who wrestles who to protect seedings at sectionals. not very eventful meet to say the least.

catfish is right. i guess we'll all be surprised when we get to semi-state to see who the best wrestlers are ;D

just joking tripleb. you do more than the rest of us have!

at 135 oaks from Brownsburg pinned Vanhorn from Franklin 2 weeks ago.

Van Horn was also getting back points up 5-0 and oaks somehow caught him in a headlock and the Van Horn went out cuz he was choked out. Regionals will be a much different match if they get to wrestle.

Also, 140 Milton CG beat Bowman Franklin 18-7 almost a tech and bowman got a late take down

Watch out the sophmore from franklin can wrestle. Yes Ailton controlled THE WHOLE MATCH but if you remember middle of the 3rd Bowman put him to his back and nearly had him stuck. It will be a good match to watch this weekend.

Van Horn was also getting back points up 5-0 and oaks somehow caught him in a headlock and the Van Horn went out cuz he was choked out. Regionals will be a much different match if they get to wrestle.

Extra6 seems a little bias on the Franklin side.  While the next match may be different as Cole is very good and I expect him to go deep in the tourney you must have not been watching the same match I was in both the Oaks and Milton events.  Cole took Oaks down late in the first with a bear hug for a 2-0 match after several shots from both wrestlers.  Oaks reversed Cole from the bottom after a couple of resets and caught him on his side with a head and arm.  Cole fought for about 15 seconds and then went limp.  The match score was 2-2 and Oaks was never on his back in a scoring position.  

In the Milton match  I would be surprized if we dont see the same result.  There is no disrepesct for Bowman but it would be an upset for Matt to get caught.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.