State Champ Predictions?

DoiTanYwaY812

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

103: Ayersman , Stevens, or Brooks      Prediction- Ayersman over Stevens

112: Phillips, Campbell, or Kief                Prediction- Campbell over Phillips

119: Hawkins, Kieffer, or Nelson            Prediction- Nelson over Hawkins

125: Wright, Lovejoy, or Raley                Prediction- Lovejoy over Wright

130: Tsirtsis, Napules, or Berryman      Prediction- Tsirtsis over Napules

135:  Roach, Heistand, Norton                Prediction- Norton over Roach

140: Porras, Simms, Welch                      Prediction- Porras over Simms

145: Surma, Corpe, or  Tonte                  Prediction- Corpe over Tonte

152: Stahl, Bennet, Quiroz                        Prediction- Stahl over Bennet

160: McMurray,Willis, or Hines            Prediction- McMurray over Willis

171: Vlahos, Moats, or Hostetler            Prediction- Moats over Vlahos

189: Stevenson, Atwood, or Scott          Prediction- Stevenson over Atwood

215: Duckworth, Lentz, or Cleveland    Prediction- Cleveland over Duckworth

HWT: Travis, Thomas, or Janney          Prediction- Janney over Travis

103: Ayersman , Stevens, or Brooks       Prediction- Ayersman over Stevens

112: Phillips, Campbell, or Kief                Prediction- Campbell over Phillips

119: Hawkins, Kieffer, or Nelson             Prediction- Nelson over Hawkins

135:  Roach, Heistand, Norton                 Prediction- Norton over Roach

140: Porras, Simms, Welch                       Prediction- Porras over Simms

145: Surma, Corpe, or  Tonte                   Prediction- Corpe over Tonte

160: McMurray,Willis, or Hines             Prediction- McMurray over Willis

171: Vlahos, Moats, or Hostetler             Prediction- Moats over Vlahos

189: Stevenson, Atwood, or Scott           Prediction- Stevenson over Atwood

I would say Atwood over Stevenson, Duckworth over Cleveland, and possibly Travis over Janney but other than that looks about right.

103: Ayersman , Stevens, or Brooks       Prediction- Ayersman over Stevens

119: Hawkins, Kieffer, or Nelson             Prediction- Nelson over Hawkins

135:  Roach, Heistand, Norton                 Prediction- Norton over Roach

140: Porras, Simms, Welch                       Prediction- Porras over Simms

145: Surma, Corpe, or  Tonte                   Prediction- Corpe over Tonte

160: McMurray,Willis, or Hines             Prediction- McMurray over Willis

171: Vlahos, Moats, or Hostetler             Prediction- Moats over Vlahos

189: Stevenson, Atwood, or Scott           Prediction- Stevenson over Atwood

Nice job! Great thread!!

103 Brooks might be ready to take it

112 Phillips over Campbell

119 Hawkins

125 Wright

135 ROACH!! looks like he's on a mission

145 Surma over Corpe - Surma beat Stahl last year; was an eyelash from turning Sandafer for an upset @Mville last year.

215 Duckworth over Cleveland/ although Cleveland is a nice athlete is he a true 215?

Thanks, I thought he was going to go 189 that will spice it up even more. I think Stevenson will be very dominate at 189 for the next two years. 

Duckworth will dominate this year at 189, being already commited a top notch wrestling college is a good start to becoming the 2009-2010 state champion.

Duckworth will dominate this year at 189, being already commited a top notch wrestling college is a good start to becoming the 2009-2010 state champion.

First off i wouldnt say that Ohio is  top notch wrestling college (preseason 4th in the mac).  And 2nd of all i think there are very few wrestlers in the state that will dominate there weight classes Duckworth not being one of them since he has not DOMINATED at the state in any years past i dont see it this year with a very good 189lb. weight class.

Hey Dingo thats some pretty good stuff right there. I have always appreciated your support for Indiana wrestlers my son included but you forgot he also beat Myers and Baker his Sophomore year that wasn't very impressive either ;D

Yeah, placing 2nd in the state as a sophomore in an upper weight, winning state as a junior (beating Atwood, Mappes and Grimes in the process), finishing 2nd at Soph. Nationals....yeah, none of that is impressive at all. ::)

First of all i never said he was not impressive, i simply stated that he was not dominate.  He is an impressive wrestler but he did not dominate is simply what i am stating. Dominating is what Andrew Howe did.  Impressive is on a totally different level than dominant.

For those of you who do not already know I am Duck's dad. To shed some light onto what weight He will be wrestling this year I will tell you this.  Michael was weighing 205  at the begining of  football season this year (that was before the football roster adds 10lbs to your body ;)) So that is where the 215 came into play. But when you carry the ball anywhere between 38 to 48 times a game it is not to easy to gain weight (muscle or otherwise).As of right now his walking around weight is in the middle to upper 190 's. My advice to him (which is always the advice that Michael never seems to listen to.) is to wrestle 215 and not have to worry about cutting even 1 pound. Michael is real grouchy when He has to cut weight something about eating and drinking that appeals to him I guess.  And because He has already signed with Ohio which to me is what it's has really been all about all these  years.( A good college education) I feel He can relax and have  fun this year no matter what the outcome.Michael has never really ever had that luxury ever during wrestling seasons in the past.I thought it would be funny that He could eat pizza and twinkies and drink Gatorades on the bus ride to all the away tournaments and meets while the rest of the team was starving and dying of thirst.Mean yes but still funny.However (There's always a However) after taking a trial fat test at school and talking to his club and high school coaches Michael is considering cutting weight again this year. His fat test says that the lowest weight that he can go is 163 that is what 160 is the 2nd day at conseco.So I'm  thinking if I sign a parental waiver so  He can make scratch weight one time He can go 160 this year.(not out of the question).Or if he chooses to He can cut a little less weight and go 171 or cut very little weight and go 189. So there you have it he could wrestle 160,171,189, or 215 hope this clears every thing up for you.I will tell you this that Michael has already told me that during the regular season He is going to wrestle at the weight class in each of the meets that is going to give him the best competition. So you all might be suprised to see him wrestling at some of the places He is going to this year.  It's not going to be about wins and losses but about finding the toughest matches which is really what Michael's been about always.  Remember his freshman year Pittman, Ulrey and Hoffmeister OUCH.At the close of the regular season We will all set down and decide which weight class to go to make the run for another state title.You may say at that time well He Ducked so & so or He dodged whats a majigger.But I say He is making an educated decision on wrestling in the weight class that He feels He can do the best in.We all know that there are no easy matches at conseco.And if you say well I would give up a State title at this weight just so I could wrestle so & so at another weight. I would say I don't believe you. Michael will wrestle every match to win it and if He does  great and if He doesn't so be it.To be honest I am probably Michael's worst critic and didn't feel like He was going to win the matches that he did in the before mentioned posts and told him so.Boy did he prove  Me wrong and I hope He does again this year good luck to all this year.

i just cant wait to see some wrestling! been way to long to be away from wrestling cause of military, missed my brother win his 2 satate titles, but its all been worth i hope and pray everyone wrestles well and competes to the fullest of there potential this year should be fun, all the teams mixed up losing wrestlers to graduation, state champs not being state champs last year what will this year have intel for us! im super excited to come home and see some good, tough wrestling. best of luck to all stay focused and determined what you want you will get if you set your mind to it! GOOD LUCK THIS YEAR TO ALL THE WRESTLERS!

btw GOOD LUCK SEAN SEE YA SOON BRO!

tj mac

Where's Atwood in Duck's future?  With the injury Atwood had at Conseco last year (and leading the match) and losing while taking the offense on a match he was ahead of  (if it was in Atwood's mind-set to stall...I think there would have been a very different result, but stalling is not his style)... and the fact that he beat him in PA...has anyone considered him as Duck's biggest foe?  Atwood is a monster and very, very determined this year.  Sorry, but if Duck is at under 215 I have to say "there's a new sheriff in town, and his name is Braden Atwood."

As far as Mr. Duckworth's commentary on cutting weight.  Don't we all feel it.  Well said...Look forward to watching them and have to agree, there is more to wrestling than the "W's" and "L's" on the mat...the chance for a college education (even if it is based off of the "work on the mat" they have loved as young men) will make them great adults and society contributors, and I look forward to hearing from both Duck and Atwood as they pursue their college educations (and wrestling careers).

Where's Atwood in Duck's future?  With the injury Atwood had at Conseco last year (and leading the match) and losing while taking the offense on a match he was ahead of  (if it was in Atwood's mind-set to stall...I think there would have been a very different result, but stalling is not his style)... and the fact that he beat him in PA...has anyone considered him as Duck's biggest foe?  Atwood is a monster and very, very determined this year.  Sorry, but if Duck is at under 215 I have to say "there's a new sheriff in town, and his name is Braden Atwood."

As far as Mr. Duckworth's commentary on cutting weight.  Don't we all feel it.  Well said...Look forward to watching them and have to agree, there is more to wrestling than the "W's" and "L's" on the mat...the chance for a college education (even if it is based off of the "work on the mat" they have loved as young men) will make them great adults and society contributors, and I look forward to hearing from both Duck and Atwood as they pursue their college educations (and wrestling careers).

Duck won at state. Who cares what could have, should have, and would have happened..  Duck has the ring and the medal.. Now don't get me wrong, I am a HUGE Atwood fan.  I love the kid, as well as his family, but if you asked them, they'd say the same thing.  Atwood is a stud and maybe he is focused this year, but don't cut down Duck's state run from last season... the kid busted his butt for that state title and it was well-deserved..  I am very excited to see if Atwood can climb to the top of the podium this season and I really hope he does cuz he's my pick where ever he goes.

Last year is over with people, those results won't do  ANYthing to win ANYone ANY matches. 

Duck won at state. Who cares what could have, should have, and would have happened..  Duck has the ring and the medal.. Now don't get me wrong, I am a HUGE Atwood fan.  I love the kid, as well as his family, but if you asked them, they'd say the same thing.  Atwood is a stud and maybe he is focused this year, but don't cut down Duck's state run from last season... the kid busted his butt for that state title and it was well-deserved..  I am very excited to see if Atwood can climb to the top of the podium this season and I really hope he does cuz he's my pick where ever he goes.

Last year is over with people, those results won't do  ANYthing to win ANYone ANY matches. 

Wait, are you saying that you cant just throw your singlet out on the mat and win matches. Wow, that is amazing. Who would have thought it. Sean, good luck this year I wish you all the best. Oh and FYI, for those that dont get it, the 1st part was sarcasam. The 2nd part wishing Sean well was not.

• 3 weeks later...

I truly appreciate Sean's honestly, but have to disagree about "past" matches not driving kids.  Lessons learned in past decisions or wrestling matches often drive anyone (including wrestlers) to never make the same mistakes.  This applies not only in high school, and sports but in life in general.  Once again, I appreciate Sean's consistent defense on wrestlers as that truly shows the type of young man he is.  Sean, you will do well in the world, continue with your honesty, and for those (of us) who don't want to hear it...just continue as it is the right thing to do if you believe it.  Some will question you, but some of us (like me) will appreciate the input and re-think our positions.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.