Crown Point?

Bruschi

I'm just glad the heat's off MD for a while.

The heat will actually rise!  People expect your recruting class to be the best in the state every year.  Now it is 3rd at best.    ;D

I don't think they have to recruit! Success builds its own "recruiting". Everyone wants to be part of a great program. Besides it's a great town and a great school! Crown Point is one of the fastest growing areas in "Da Region". It's not by accident!

LdH , do you know any new top wrestlers coming to C.P.  this year legally or illegally  , I know that there were rumors of Brookes going there and living with Roach , but that would have put C.P. in a questionable situaution with the IHSAA ?

Wild Country do you have any idea the difference between living in Griffith or Crown Point?  The ISTEP results, the crime rates, the graduation rates?  Griffith is a community in transition, not  the good kind either.  So please don't assume a move to CP is for sports and tell everyone how unethical it is.  I would never presume to know the different school districts in any part of the state other than where I live

i really don't understand da stink about transfering or moving ? Do what is da best for your kid period / do you tink little t-shirts would have da same quality workout partners at griffith/ You have 4 years/ if you get stuck whit a coach who does it for da money and cares less about da kid what do ya do ? In both Roaches and t-shirts case dare parents have spent big dollars on wrestling/ Can't blame deem one bit for doin whats best for dare kids

There was that Alex kid and I remember something about an Escobedo...

Are they still there?  No, they've graduated.  Unless Alex quits his job and Angel gives up his wrestling career at IU to come back to Griffith to help out Jason, people just need to shut up about this subject.  He lives in Crown Point, so should he go back to Griffith and wrestle illegally there to make you all happy?

There was that Alex kid and I remember something about an Escobedo...

Are they still there?  No, they've graduated.  Unless Alex quits his job and Angel gives up his wrestling career at IU to come back to Griffith to help out Jason, people just need to shut up about this subject.  He lives in Crown Point, so should he go back to Griffith and wrestle illegally there to make you all happy?

Ease up, I made a joke. Someone said Griffth USED to have some good wrestlers.

Who you practice with makes all the difference, Alex was a strong wrestler and those who got to practice with him a lot during that time all got much better. If you remember, Griffith had a cluster of kids at state all around Alex's weight. I can understand why kids transfer to have better partners, but if it's not for academic reason then technically the IHSAA outlaws it. It will be interesting to see if the voucher program completely neuters the IHSAA's authority.

(Removed.)

NONNS- You people continue to just twist what we say into whatever it is you want to hear. I NEVER, ever said anything about any specific kid moving illegally; NOR did I claim to know anyone's situation. I simply said IF a family moves for SPORTS reasons it is a poor life lesson to teach their children. I CANNOT make that any more clear.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.