team State Predictions

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know CP has a deep program, but the entire top half of their line-up from last year graduated. I believe 145 and up, not sure though. I do know that 152#, 160#, 189#, 215# & Heavy all graduated. They had a very Senior laden team. They do have some studs at the lower weights though. Halsted, Hawkins, Shurg, Tsirtsis and Roach all return.

I know CP has a deep program, but the entire top half of their line-up from last year graduated. I believe 145 and up, not sure though. I do know that 152#, 160#, 189#, 215# & Heavy all graduated. They had a very Senior laden team. They do have some studs at the lower weights though. Halsted, Hawkins, Shurg, Tsirtsis and Roach all return.

They graduated 7 starters...  119, and 152 thru 285

I know Pendleton Heights did not get much respect last year, but I hope it changes this year.  You can not replace Matt Todd, but I think overall this years team will be tough to beat.  We return State Qualifier Mason Todd along with several Semi State Qualifers.  Seniors Justin Eshelman and Henry Nichols will be tough.  Both fell short of Semi State last year but should advance to the State Semi's or farther this year.  This team should start out ranked in the top 20.

Im not saying they will win team state but watch out for pike. They are on a come up. They have some great young guys like Alonzo Calloway n Tre Spencer that can do good against older people and they have a great senior class also in Jeremiah Oliver and Wayne Black so their lower weights be on a look out for Pike this year

one team that is very under hyped is the fort wayne carroll chargers. the are losing there 215 pounder but they are returning brock norton third at state 130, jon timmerman , the lefever brothers and logan ables who were all semi state qualifiers. im lookin for carroll to even upset belmont in the nhc confrance

one team that is very under hyped is the fort wayne carroll chargers. the are losing there 215 pounder but they are returning brock norton third at state 130, jon timmerman , the lefever brothers and logan ables who were all semi state qualifiers. im lookin for carroll to even upset belmont in the nhc confrance

They're a solid team, and will be even better this year, but upsetting Bellmont? May be a long shot. Great coaching staff and some solid kids, I look forward to the matchups this year.

Can't count out Mater Dei I will take them over Castle this year.  Also the usuals Perry Meridian, Bellmont, Crownpoint or Merrilville depending on their 152-285.  And of course this is a little bias but I must take BG over Roncalli to go to state this year.  Basing it off the fact that BG beat Roncalli last year in a very close dual meet actually by criteria and BG returning 11 of their 14 from last year and are bringing in some good freshmen to help fill those voids.

Roncalli has a good team and coaches, but they won't win the sectional this year. Warren Central has some of the best coaches in the state now and a few new comer wrestlers, plus what they already have. Warren will be there this year.

For my teams I will have to go with:

EMD (Lock) I also expects Sims to win state.

Perry Merridian (Lock)

Beech Grove (Should be a Lock) But Roncalli with the Keiffers and Warren with Wright as well as Jones are looking tough.

Mishawaka(Lock)

Merillville or Crown Point

Bellmont or Yorktown

With the Champion being crowned either EMD or Crown Point.  Now I am admittedly Bias but I do not see Beech Grove advancing past the first round this year.

Beech Grove (Should be a Lock) But Roncalli with the Keiffers and Warren with Wright as well as Jones are looking tough.

It's way to early to be figureing all this out but BG being almost a lock for state this year is going to be a big step.  I'm all for team pride but BG was 6th in sectionals last year.  BG is a decent team that should have some good individual preformances next year for sure.  However,  in sectionals Warren and New Pal should have good teams and Roncolli even after losing most of their upper weights should be OK.  Then after sectionals a good regional battle awaits.

Warren also has Decker and 2 more transfers, plus the best coaches in the state. I think Warren is a lock.

Warren has some good kids, but "the best coaches in the state" is a pretty strong statement. They are a young and unproven staff. Whoever comes out of this sectional would be my pick for making it to team state. It seems to me to be up for grabs between Roncalli, WC, New Pal, and BG.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.